Table of Contents
Habb-e-Leemun is an herbal Unani medicine. In Unani, Habbe, means a pill prepared from powder of ingredients, some solution and binder. Habb-e-Leemun is a solid preparation in form of solid blackish brown pills, slightly bitter in taste and having characteristic smell. It is prepared from seven ingredients.
- Type of medicine: Unani Herbal
- Product Name: Habbe Leemu
- Product Form: Pills
- Manufacturer: Dehlvi Remedies
Unani System of medicine evolved Greece and was first introduced to India by the Arabs. It is also called as Greco-Arab medicine, Unani tibb, Arabian medicine, or Islamic medicine. Hippocrates is known as the father of this system of medicine. The theoretical framework of Unani medicine is based on his teachings.
It is traditional medicinal system and commonly practiced in South Asia. The origins of Unani medicine are found in the doctrines of the ancient Greek physicians Hippocrates and Galen. It was later developed and refined through systematic experiment by the Arabs. Unani medicine are prepared from medicinal plants, minerals, animals products etc. In Unani medicine, single drugs or their combinations in raw forms are preferred over compound formulations. The naturally occurring drugs used in this system are usually free from any side effects.
Ingredients of Habbe Leemu
1. Post Ilaichi Kalan (Sokhta) Amomum subulatum Roxb., Rind 25 g
2. Post Halela Zard Terminalia chebula Retz., Pericarp of half ripen fruit 50 g
3. Chhaliya Sokhta Areca catechu Linn., Nut 25 g
4. Habb-ul-Neel (Kaladana) Ipomoea nil (Linn.) Roth., Seed 25 g
5. Kath Safaid Acacia leucophloea Willd., Extract 25 g
6. Murdarsang Massicot Litharge, Crystal 50 g
7. Aab-e-Leemun Lemon juice, Juice 150 ml
Method of preparation:
- Take all the ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Roast ingredients number 1 and 3 on low fire.
- Powder all the ingredients separately and pass through a sieve of mesh number 80.
- Take all the powders, as per Formulation composition and knead it with Leemu juice to form a mass and roll between the fingers to make pills manually to get the pills of 210 mg.
Benefits of Habb-e-Leemun
- It has antibacerial effect on syphilis and gonorrhea.
- It also possess anti rheumatic activity and is useful in gout, joint pain and rheumatism.
- It prevents the growth of infection causing bacteria.
It is herbal medicine. It is safe to take.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Habbe Leemu
- Waja-ul-Mafasil (Arthralgia)
- Niqras (Gout)
- Atishak (Syphilis)
Dosage of Habbe Leemu
The drug is taken in dose of 1 pill, twice a day with water. It is herbal medicine without any known side effect.