Table of Contents
Habb-e-Ahmar is a herbomineral Unani medicine. In Unani, Habbe, means a pill prepared from powder of ingredients, some solution and binder. Habbe Ahmar is a tonic that gives strength to nerves and muscles. It increases vigour and sexual stamina.
- Type of medicine: Unani herbal and mineral
- Product Name: Habbe Ahmar
- Product Form: Pills
- Manufacturer: Hamdard Laboratories
Unani System of medicine evolved Greece and was first introduced to India by the Arabs. It is also called as Greco-Arab medicine, Unani tibb, Arabian medicine, or Islamic medicine. Hippocrates is known as the father of this system of medicine. The theoretical framework of Unani medicine is based on his teachings.
It is traditional medicinal system and commonly practiced in South Asia. The origins of Unani medicine are found in the doctrines of the ancient Greek physicians Hippocrates and Galen. It was later developed and refined through systematic experiment by the Arabs. Unani medicine are prepared from medicinal plants, minerals, animals products etc. In Unani medicine, single drugs or their combinations in raw forms are preferred over compound formulations. The naturally occurring drugs used in this system are usually free from any side effects.
Ingredients of Habbe Ahmar
Habb-e-Ahmar is a solid preparation (pill) made with the ingredients in the formulation composition given below:
1. Samm-ul-Far White oxide of Arsenic Crystal 10 g
2. Shingraf Compound of mercury and sulphur, Crystal 10 g
3. Hartal Tabqi Arsenic mono/disulphide 10 g
4. Aab-e-Lemun Kaghzi Citrus lemon Linn. Juice of fruit 100 ml
5. Aab-e-Adrak Zingiber officinale Rosc. Juice of rhizome 100 ml
Method of preparation :
- Take all the ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Detoxify the ingredients numbers 1, 2 & 3 in accordance with the method given in National Formulary of Unani Medicine.
- Take the powder of detoxified drugs in a mortar along with the ingredients no. 4 & 5 and grind till it dries.
- Add Samagh-e-Arabi, 10% of the total weight of the above mixture and prepare semi-solid mass, using kneading machine.
- Dry the granules at low temperature and prepare pill manually to get pills of 250 mg.
Description: An orange red coloured pill with characteristic smell and salty taste
Benefits of Habbe Ahmar
- It strengthens the muscles.
- It increases vigor and masculinity.
- It helps to increase sexual power of men.
- It cures Nerve Weakness and Sexual Debility.
- It is natural remedy.
- It is safe to take.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Habbe Ahmar
- Muqawwi-e-Aam (General Tonic)
- Zof-e-Bah (Sexual debility, impotency and a situation in which a person is unable to perform the act of sex properly)
- Zof-e-Asab (Neurasthenia, condition characterized by lassitude, fatigue, headache, and irritability, associated chiefly with emotional disturbance
Dosage of Habbe Ahmar
The drug is taken in dose of 125 to 250 mg (1/2-1 pill), twice a day after meals. Initially half pill is taken by adding cream/butter followed by one glass milk for one week. After one week, 1 pill is taken in same manner.