Trayodashang Guggulu is polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine indicated in the treatment of vaat vikar/all nerves diseases. It gives relief in pain due to sciatica, stiffness of joints, arthritis and other nervous disease. Trayodashang Guggul has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, muscle relaxant properties and gives relief in neuralgic pain. Here is given more about Trayodashang Guggul such as indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
Ingredients of Trayodashang Guggulu
Trayodashanga Guggulu Vati is a preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation composition given below with Guggulu as the basic ingredient.
- Babbula Acacia Arabica St. Bk. 1 Part
- Ashvagandha Withania somnifera Rt. 1 Part
- Hapusha Juniperus communis Fr. 1 Part
- Guduci Tinospora cordifolia St. 1 Part
- Shatavari Asparagus racemosus Rt 1 Part
- Gokshura Tribulus terrestris Fr. 1 Part
- Vriddhadaru Ipomoea petaloidea Rt. 1 Part
- Rasna Pluchea lanceolata Lf. 1 Part
- Shatahva Anethum sowa Fr. 1 Part
- Shati Hedychium spicatum Rz. 1 Part
- Yavani Trachyspermum ammi Fr. 1 Part
- Shunthi Zingiber officinale Rz. 1 Part
- Guggulu-Shuddha Commiphora wightii O.R. 12 Parts
- Goghrita Clarified butter from Cow’s milk. 1 Part
Lf.=Leaf;P.=Pericarp;Rt.=Root;Fr.=Fruit;Rz.=Rhizome;Sd.= Seeds;St.=Stem;St. Bk.= Stem Bark;Fl.
Method of preparation:
Take all the ingredients of the pharmacopoeial quality. Wash, dry and powder the ingredients number 1 to 12 of the formulation composition separately and pass through sieve number 85, weigh them separately in the required quantities and mix. Crush weighed quantity of Guggulu-Shuddha, add fine powder of other mixed ingredients to it and pound well. Add Ghrita in small quantity at regular intervals for smooth pounding and continue pounding till a semi-solid uniformly mixed mass of suitable plasticity is obtained. Expel the mass through Vati machine fitted with a suitable die and cut the Vatis to a desired weight. Roll thVatis on flat surface to round them by circular motion of palm covered with a glove and smeared with Ghrita or use suitable mechanical device. Dry the rounded Vatis in a tray-dryer at a temperature not exceeding 600 for 8 to 10 h. Pack it in a tightly closed container to protect from light and moisture.
Description: Spherical pills, blackish in color with agreeable odour and bitter taste.
Storage: Store in a cool place in a tightly closed container, protect from light and moisture.
Uses of Trayodashang Guggul
- Vata Roga
- Stiffness in lumbo-sacral region
- Pain in arm, Cervical Spondylitis
- Grdhdhrasi or sciatica
- Stiffness of the knee, Limping due to vitiation of Vata
- Bone disease due to Vaat dosha
- Bone marrow disorder, Bone fracture
- Inflammation of ligaments
- Disorders of female genital tract
- Osteoarthritis, gout, Lockjaw
The Dosage of Trayodashang Guggul
The recommended dosage of Trayodashang Guggul 2 to 4 tablets, 2-3 times a day or as directed by a physician. The Anupan (fluid vehicle or drink with medicine) for this medicine is Maharasnadi Kadha, Dashamoolarishta, Mansarasa, Milk or lukewarm water.
Where to buy
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Dabur, Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan, Patanjali Divya Pharmacy (Divya Trayodashang Guggulu), Shree Dhootapapeshwar Limited, Manil ayurved, and some other pharmacies.