Raw potato juice offers numerous health benefits. It is given as an adjuvant in the treatment of peptic ulcer for bringing relief from pain, and hyperacidity. The starch and very small quantities of atropine alkaloids present in it, reduces digestive secretions and stomach acids. Potato juice heals gastrointestinal inflammation as it contains compounds that coat the lining of the stomach.
The nutritional value of juice is superior to cooked one as cooking process destroys some of nutrients. The juice is also useful in arthritis, rheumatism, heart diseases and water retention in the body.
Latin name: Solanum tuberosum Linn.
Ayurvedic: Aaluka, Aaruka, Golaalu, Aalu, Aaloo
Health Benefits of Raw potato juice
- Supports immune system and alkalises body
- Contains vitamin C, B6, iron, copper and other minerals
- High in potassium content, keeps blood pressure low
- Maintains electrolyte balance in the body
- Helpful in treating gout, rheumatism and arthritis
- Useful in acidity, peptic ulcer, indigestion and heart diseases
- Raw potato juice can be applied on skin to remove blemishes, tan and pimples
The Dosage of Raw potato juice
2-4 tablespoon, 2-3 times a day an hour before the meals for one months. If you do not like taste of potato juice then mix this with another vegetable juice or water. Do not store but consume immediately after extracting juice.
Note: Potato juice must be taken in moderation only. The juice of one large potato tuber is safe dosage of potato juice in a day. Its overdose can be toxic to the body. It is important to note that only ripe raw potatoes should be used as green potatoes are toxic.