Table of Contents
Kumkumadi Tailam is an Ayurvedic medicated oil for the skincare. This beauty oil is a combination of Kumkum or Saffron with other herbal ingredients. It helps to improve complexion and skin tone. Kumkumadi Tailam is also used as ingredient in preparation of Ayurvedic other fairness creams.
The key ingredient of this medicine is Kumkum or saffron which is useful in treating skin diseases and improving skin complexion. It has antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities. Kumkumadi Oil also contains other medicinal herbs such as Haldi, Chandan, Manjishtha, Yashtimadhu, etc. It is an excellent facial massage oil that removes blemishes, lightens fine lines, wrinkles and gives skin even tone. This oil is used for external application on the face and for Nasya.
Key Ingredients of Kumkumadi Tailam
This medicated oil is referenced from Yogaratnakara, Kshudra-rogadhikara.
Kumkum is an Ayurvedic name of Saffron. It is also known as Zaffran and Kesar. For the medicinal purpose the dried stigma of flower is used. Kumkum is used both internally and externally. It is useful in skin diseases and applied to improve complexion. It gives a glow to the skin. It has antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and complexion improving properties. The phytochemicals such as monoterpenoids, crocin, quercetin, Kaempferol and other phenolic compounds present in Saffron have antioxidant activity. These compounds reduce the tyrosinase activity and thus reduce the hyperpigmentation or melanin aggravation.
The roots of Ushira herb are aromatic, cooling, antifungal and antibacterial. It balances Vata-Pitta-Kapha. It is Tikta Rasa so it pacifies Pitta. It is Ushna Virya and pacifies Vata-Kapha.
Mulethi is used for the skin diseases due to its antiseptic, antifungal and anti-bacterial properties. It improves skin color and used in Ayurveda for the treatment of the skin diseases.
Chandan or Sandal wood, is a cooling, antifungal and anti-bacterial.
Manjishtha roots are astringent, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antibacterial.
Chandan, Khas and Lotus have cooling action.
- Kumkuma (Stl./Stg) 12 g
- Chandana (shveta candana) (Ht. Wd.) 12 g
- Lodhra (St. Bk.) 12 g
- Patamga (Ht. Wd.) 12 g
- Raktachandana (Ht. Wd.) 12 g
- Kaliyaka (Agaru) (Ht. Wd.) 12 g
- Ushira (Rt.) 12 g
- Manjishtha (Rt.) 12 g
- Madhu (Yashti) (Rt.) 12 g
- Patra (Tejapatra) (Lf.) 12 g
- Padmaka (Ht. Wd.) 12 g
- Padma (Kamala) (Fl.) 12 g
- Kushtha (Rt.) 12 g
- Gorochana 12 g
- Nisha (Haridra) (Rz.) 12 g
- Laksha (Gl.) 12 g
- Daruharidra (St.) 12 g
- Gairika 12 g
- Nagakeshara (Stmn.) 12 g
- Palasha kusuma (Fl.) 12 g
- Priyamgu (Fl.) 12 g
- Vatamkura (Nyagrodha) (Lf. Bd.) 12 g
- Malati (Jati) (Fl.) 12 g
- Madhuccishta 12 g
- Sarshapa (Sd.) 12 g
- Surabhi (Rasna) (Rt./Lf.) 12 g
- Vaca (Rz.) 12 g
- Payas (Godugdha) 6.144 l
- Taila (Tila) (Ol.) 1.536 kg
Benefits of Kum Kumadi Tailam
- It is a fairness beauty massage oil.
- It is best suited for dry and normal skin type.
- It is a herbal oil to keep skin young, healthy and spotless.
- It improves skin texture and color.
- It is helpful in hyperpigmentation.
- It cures skin eruptions and dark discoloration.
- It lightens the acne marks, black spots, dark circles around the eyes, hyperpigmentation, and wrinkles.
- It add glow and radiance to face.
As Nasya, it balances Vata-Pitta Dosha. It has cooling action on body and pacifies Pitta. Acharya Vagbhata has indicated Kumkumadi Taila Nasya for Kshudra Roga. Nasya Karma or Nasal therapy, is administration of medicine through nose. It is basically Shodhan process which eliminates the vitiated Dosh.
Uses of Kumkumadi Taila
- Kum Kumadi Tailam is used for massaging and Nasya (putting few drops in each nostril). It is an Ayurvedic fairness oil.
- Improving complexion, skin tone
- Varna Vikara (Pigmentation disorder)
- Vyanga (painless thin patches)
- Nilika (Mole)
- Yauvana Pitika (Acne vulgaris)
- Vyamga (Pigmentation disorder)
- Tilaka (Nonelevated mole)
- Mashaka (Mole)
- Nyacch (Nmvus/mole)
- Padminikantaka (Papilloma of the skin)
- Congenital mole
- Melasma (also known as Chloasma faciei, or the mask of pregnancy when present in pregnant women) tan or dark skin discoloration
How to use Kumkumadi Taila?
This oil is for external use only. Wash face and pat dry. Take few drops of oil on finger tips and massage face in circular motion for 15 minutes. For better result do facial massage at night. You can apply it daily once or twice a day, regularly for a few months. Keep the oil for 1-3 hours. Do not wash immediately.
For best results use after cleansing and toning. Wash with plain water.
For Nasya 5-10 drops are instilled in each nostril for one weak in morning.
Before using the oil, apply on small skin area to check for the allergic reaction. This is an oil based formulation, so people with oily skin should use it once a day in small amount. They should left it on the face for lesser duration.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Vasu (Kum Kumadi Tailam), Unjha Ayurvedic Pharmacy (Kumkumadi Tail Kesar Yukta), Kottakkal (Kunkumadi Tailam), Vyas Pharma (Kumkumadi Tailam), Nisha Herbals (Kumkumadi Tailam), Planet Ayurveda (Kumkumadi Thailam), Iraya (Kumkumadi Facial Oil), Arya Vaidya Pharmacy (Kumkumadi Thailam), Pentavox Herbals ( Kumkumadi Tailam), Gopala Ayurveda (Kumkumadi Taila), Kama (Kumkumadi Miraculous beauty fluid), Nidco (Kumkumadi Tailum), Nagarjuna (Kumkumadi Cream), and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.