Saptamrit Lauh is an herb and mineral containing Ayurvedic medicine. It is a Lauha Kalpa. Lauha kalpas are those medicines in which the chief ingredient is Loha or iron. For preparing Lauka Kalp the drugs are reduced to fine powder and mixed with Lauha Bhasma. Bhavana is given with prescribed liquids if mentioned.
Saptamrit Lauh is used for treating ophthalmic diseases. It is prepared by combining equal amount of Haritaki, Bahera, Amla, Mulethi and Lauha bhasma. This medicine is Rasayan and helps to improves eye sight and overall health. It cures weakness of eye-sight and digestion. As it contains Triphala, it shows benefical effects in digestive disorders. It is also useful in constipation, obstruction of urine, retention of urine, cough, physical weakness etc. It can be easily prepared at home.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Saptamrit Lauh
- Madhuka (Yashti) (Rt.) 1 Part
- Haritaki (P.) 1/3 Part
- Bibhitaka (P.) 1/3 Part
- Amalaki (P.) 1/3 Part
- Ayoraja (Lauha) bhasma 1 Part
Benefits of Saptamrit Lauh
- It is a Rasayana.
- It has very beneficial combination which nourishes brain, eyes, ear and other sensory organs.
- It Improves eyesight.
- It maintains healthy cerebral function.
- It gives relief in dizziness, acidity, gas, nausea, fever etc.
- It is soft on stomach and has no side effects.
Uses of Saptamrit Lauh
- Ophthalmic diseases such as redness, burning, itching eyes, cataract, eyesight weakness etc.
- Chardi (Emesis)
- Shula (Colicky Pain)
- Amlapitta (Dyspepsia)
- Jvara (Fever)
- Mutraghat (Obstruction in urinary tract)
- Timira (early stage of Cataract)
- Klama (Tiredness without exertion)
- Anaha (Distension of abdomen due to obstruction to passage of urine and stools)
- Shotha (Inflammation)
The Dosage of Saptamrit Lauh
1 or 2 tablets (375 mg-750 mg) twice a day after the meal with honey, ghee and milk or as directed by physician.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Saptamrit Lauh), Dabur (Saptamrit Lauh), Unjha (Saptamrit Loha), Patanjali Divya Pharmacy (Divya Saptamrit Lauh), Shri Dhootapapeshwar Limited (Saptamrut Loha), Maharishi Ayurved (Saptamrit Lauh), Sri Sri Ayurveda (Sapthamruth Lauha), and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.