Table of Contents
Mahayograj Guggulu is Ras-aushadhi containing medicinal herb guggul and minerals. It is used in the treatment of vataj rog or various neurological disorders. It cures the eighty different types of diseases arising out of Vata. It is helpful in removing body toxins or ama.
Mahayograj Guggul gives relief in pain, stiffness and inflammation of joints and muscles. It is also useful in hemorrhoids and painful menstruation.
Yograj and Maha Yograj Guggulu
Yogaraj Guggul is specially used for joint pain and Mahayogaraj Guggul for nerve pain. Yograj guggulu contains all herbal ingredients but Mahayograj guggulu is herbo-mineral medicine containing minerals such as bhasm of tin, silver, lead, mica, iron oxide and Mecuric sulfide/Ras Sindur.
Ingredients of Mahayograj Guggulu
- Nagara (Sunthi) Zingiber officinale Rosc. Rz. 3 g
- Pippali Piper longum Linn. Fr. 3 g
- Pippali mula Piper longum Linn. Rt. 3 g
- Chavya Piper rectrofractum Vahl. St. 3 g
- Chitraka Plumbago zeylanica Linn. Root 3 g
- Hingu Ferula narthexs Bioss. Exd 3 g
- Ajamoda Trachyspermum ammi (L.) Sprague Fr. 3 g
- Sarsapa Brassica campestris Linn. Sd. 3 g
- Sweta jiraka Cuminum cyminum Linn. Fr. 3 g
- Krisna jiraka Carum carvi Linn. Fr. 3 g
- Renuka Vitex negundo Linn. Sd 3 g
- Indrayava (Kutja) Holarrhena antidysenterica (Roxb.ex Flem.) Wall Sd. 3 g
- Patha Cissmpelos pareira Linn. Hirsute (DC.) Forman Root 3 g
- Vidanga Embelia ribes Burn. f. Fr 3 g
- Gajapippali Scindapsis officinalis (Roxb.) Schott. Fr 3 g
- Katuka Picrorhiza kurroa Royle ex Benth. Rt/Rz 3 g
- Ativisa Aconitum heterophyllum Wall. Rt/tr 3 g
- Bharangi Clerodendrum serratum (Linn.) Moon Rt 3 g
- Vacha Acorus calamus Linn. Rz 3 g
- Murva Marsdenia tenacissima (Roxb.) Moon Rt 3 g
- Haritaki Terminalia chebula Retz. P 40 g
- Bibhitaki Terminalia bellirica (Gaertn.) Roxb. P 40 g
- Amalaki Phyllantnus emblica Linn. P 40 g
- Guggulu-shodhita Commiphora wightii (Arn.) Bhandari. Ext. 180 g
- Incinerated metals
- Vanga Bhasma Tin – 48 g
- Rajat Bhasma Silver – 48 g
- Naga Bhasma Lead – 48 g
- Loha Bhasma Iron – 48 g
- Abhraka Bhasma Mica -48 g
- Mandura Bhasma Iron oxide -48 g
- Rasa Sindura (Parada Mercuric sulfide) -48 g
Lf.=Leaf;P.=Pericarp;Rt.=Root;Fr.=Fruit;Rz.=Rhizome;Sd.= Seeds;St.=Stem;St. Bk.= Stem Bark;Fl. Bd.=Flower Bud.
The fine powder of all the drugs, guggulu and the bhasmas are mixed and pounded well with Ghrita.
Benefits of Mahayograj Guggulu
- It has anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties.
- It detoxifies the body.
- It eliminates accumulated vata in joints.
- It reduces joint swelling and pain.
- It shows a beneficial effect in musculoskeletal disorders and nerve pain.
Uses of Mahayograj Guggulu
- Vataroga (Disease due to Vata dosha)
- Vatarakta (Gout), rheumatism, Osteoarthritis
- All difficult to treat Vata-vyadhis
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Arsha (Haemorrhoids)
- Bhagandara (Fistula-in-ano)
- Abdominal lump
- Grahni (Malabsorption syndrome)
- Nabhi shula (Pain in umbilical region)
- Condition in which there is upward movement of vayu
- Stiffness and Tightness in the chest
- Impaired digestive fire, Tastelessness
- Diseases of abdomen/ enlargement of abdomen
- Shula (Colicky Pain)
- Kustha (Diseases of skin)
- Prameha (Urinary disorders)
- Pthisis, Dyspnoea/Asthma, Cough,
- Shukra Dosha/Vitiation of semen
- Menstrual disorder
- Vandhyatva (Infertility)
- Apasmara (Epilepsy)
- Pandu (Anaemia)
- Medovriddhi (Obesity)
- Rat poisoning
- Netraroga (Eye disorder)
Used as Rasayana (Nutrient to the body and mind with adapto-immuno-neuroendocrino-modulator properties)
The Dosage of Mahayograj Guggulu
Take one tablet of Mahayograj Guggulu, morning and evening, three hours before a meal with hot cow’s milk. This should be continued for at least a week.
Where to buy
You can buy this medicine on-line or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan (Mahayograj Guggulu), Patanjali Divya Pharmacy (Divya Mahayograj Guggul), Zandu (Maha Yograj Guggul), Shree Dhootapapeshwar Limited (Mahayograj Guggul) and some other pharmacies.