Patanjali Arogya Vati is poly-herbal Ayurvedic proprietary medicine from Yog Guru Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali Divya Pharmaceuticals. This medicine is prepared from three ingredients viz. Giloy, Tulsi and Neem. It has antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiviral properties. It is a tridosh dosh nashak and improves the body immunity to fight infections such as fever, cold, viral disease and skin diseases.
Here is given more about Patanjali Arogya Vati, such as indication/benefits, Key Ingredients and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Patanjali Divya Pharmacy
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: Improving immunity
- Suitable for: Everyone
- Frequency of medication: Twice or thrice a day, depending on acute or chronic condition
- Medicine is to be taken with (Anupan): Lukewarm water
- Duration of treatment: Few months, in case of chronic conditions, low immunity
- MRP/Price: Arogya Vati 40 gm @ Rs. 60.00
- Antioxidant: Neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals and other substances.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Antipyretic/antifebrile/febrifuge: Effective against fever.
- Antimicrobial: Active against microbes.
- Antibacterial: Active against bacteria.
- Anti-hyperglycemic: Counteracting high levels of glucose in the blood.
- Hepatoprotective: Prevent damage to the liver.
- Immunomodulatory: Modifies the immune response or the functioning of the immune system.
Key Ingredients of Patanjali Arogya Vati
Each tablet contains:
- Giloy extract 250 mg
- Neem 125 mg
- Tulsi 125 mg
- Excpients -q.s.
Know the Ingredients
1- Guduchi, Giloy, Gurch, Amrita, Amritavalli, Madhuparni, Guduchika, Chinnobhava, Vatsadani, Tantrika, Kundalini, Chakralakshanika are Ayurvedic synonyms of Tinospora cordifolia. It is also known as Garo, Galac (Gujarati), Thippateega (Telugu),Amrita, Gilo (Kashmiri), Chittamrutu (Malayalam), Guluchi (Oriya), Gilo (Punjabi), Seendal, Seendil Kodi (Tamil), Siddhilata, Amarlata (Assamese). It is a very important and extensively used medicinal herb of Ayurveda.
Tinospora is a climber and for medicinal purpose the stem of the plant are used. Guduchi possess immunomodulatory, heptoprotective, hypoglycemic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, adaptogen, anticancer, immunostimulant, and several other medicinal properties.
It is a Rasayana herb and used to treat many diseases such as general debility, fever, diabetes, dyspepsia, urinary infections, jaundice and skin diseases.
2- Neem (Synonym: Azadirachta indica Melia azadirachta, Margosa Tree) is well-known and common tree of India. It has significant antiseptic, insecticide, Analgesic, Anti-inflammatory and Laxative properties.
The active constituents of neem are the mainly triterpenoids, sterols, bitter principles nimbin and nimbiol. It is cool, bitter, astringent, acrid and refrigerant.
Neem is useful in tiredness, fever, loss of appetite, worm infestation, vitiated conditions of kapha, vomiting, skin diseases, excessive thirst, leprosy, skin disorders, stomach ulcers, chicken pox, malarial fever and diabetes. It detoxify body.
3- Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum Linn) or Holy Basil is queen of herbs. It has the ability to cure diseases without any side effect. Tulsi leaves have hypocholesterolemic (lowering cholesterol), hypotriglyceridemic (lowering triglycerides), hepatoprotective (protecting the liver), anti-inflammatory (preventing inflammation), and anti-oxidant effects.
Health Benefits of Patanjali Arogya Vati
- It helps in improving overall health.
- It is tridoshnashak, and balances vata-pitta-kapha.
- It prevents viral, bacterial infections.
- It is useful in the fever and cold.
- It is useful in skin diseases.
Uses of Patanjali Arogya Vati
- Boosting immunity
- Prevention of diseases
- Skin diseases
- Vitiated Vata-Pitta-Kapha
- Cold-cough, coryza
- Other diseases due to bacteria, virus or fungus
The Dosage of Patanjali Arogya Vati
Arogya vati is useful in boosting body immunity to fight infections. It can be taken in dosage of 1-2 tablets twice a day or as directed by a physician.
Side effects, Caution and Warnings
Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factor. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- There are no known side-effects of medicine.
- It can be safely taken during breastfeeding.
- Do not take any medicine during pregnancy without consulting doctor.
It contains extract of Tinospora, Margosa and Holy basil. You may use fresh herbs also instead of this medicine for indicated conditions. Fresh herbs have better effectivity.