Hyperacidity is very common problem, there are many reason for this and there are many natural treatment and ayurvedic remedies for acidity.
Table of Contents
In normal state a balance of acid and alkaline is maintained in the body. But when this balance is disturbed and more hydrochloric acid is secreted in stomach then this condition is known as acidity. It generally occur due to over stimulation of gastric activity by overeating, spicy foods ,alcohol etc. Some individuals are more prone to suffer from acidity.
There are various OTC antacids are available but they must not be taken for prolonged period as this causes serious other complications.
So the best way is to prevent acidity by diet and lifestyle changes. Here are few tips that help to cure acidity by natural means without compromising health.
There are various reasons for acidity. Sometimes acidity is symptom of some ailment in the body and that needed to be found after check-ups. But most of the times reasons are very trivial and hidden in wrong eating habits.
- Spicy, deep fried foods, refined flour
- Food rich in saturated fats, cheese, butter
- Foods difficult to digest, pizza, burger, breads
- Processed and preservative containing foods
- Less fluid intake
- Irregular eating habits
- Drinking tea, coffee in excess
- Alcohol, tobacco, cold drinks also cause hyperacidity
Hyperacidity is a digestive system related problem. So to get relief from acidity first step is to have a diet that will prevent acidity formation in the body. Even small changes in eating habits can directly influence acid formation in stomach.
- Eat salad, sprouts and leafy vegetables.
- Eat food according to weather.
- Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, tomatoes
- Eat daily meal at the same time.
- Eat foods that improve alkalinity of the body. This counters the increased acidity of system.
- Eat four part alkaline food and one part acidic food.
- Avoid drinking water in between meal.
- Always properly chew food before swallowing.
- Take aloe vera juice (4 tbsp) before the meal. Aloe vera juice can also be taken half an hour after having meals.
- Squeeze a lemon in glass of water and drink.
- Do Kapalbhati pranayam daily empty stomach.
- Bel or bilva fruit should be taken in acidity.
- Include pomegranate and buttermilk in daily diet.
- Mix Avipattikar churna (100 gm) and Mukta shukti Bhasma (10 gm). This mixed herbal churna should be taken (1 tbsp) regularly twice a day with honey.
- Drink aloe vera juice in morning.