Table of Contents
Mahamash Tail (Oil) is a polyherbal Ayurvedic medicated oil referenced from Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Vata vyadhi Rogadhikar. The main ingredient of this oil is Mash or Urad (split black lentils), along with Til Tel(Sesame oil), Dashmool, Ashwagandha, Kachur, Bala mool, Jivniya Gana and Others and hence it is named Mahamash oil. It is used internally, externally and for vasti.
Vata is a combination of the elements space and air. It is dry, light, rough, cold, moving, irregular, quick and changeable. It is considered the most powerful Dosha among Vata-Pitta-Kapha, as it controls and regulates all the body functions and activities at psychological and physical level. It is responsible for breathing, circulation, cell division, tissue building, movements of the body organs, digestion, excretion and activities of nervous system.
So when there is imbalance of Vata Dosha in the body, various diseases of locomotive system, digestive system, excretory system and nervous system takes place. The term Vata vyadhi denotes the diseases caused due to vitiation / derangement/ dysfunction of Vata Dosha, largely affecting the locomotor or musculoskeletal system.
In Vatavyadhi, there is pain, swelling and stiffness in the joints. There is numbness, weakness of muscles and organs. Person feel difficulty in waking and movements. Dominance of Vata causes cramps, dryness, anxiety, constipation, flatulence, fear, pain and weakness of nerves. Vitiation of vata leads to imbalance of Pitta, and Kapha.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and how to use.
Ingredients of Mahamash Tail
Tila Tail, Asvagandha, Karchura, Devadaru, Bala, Rasna, Prasarini, Kustha, Parusaka, Bharangi, Vidari, Raktapunarnava, Shatavari, Bijaura Nimbo, Sveta Jiraka, Krishna Jiraka, Hingu, Goksura, Pippalimula, Chitrak, Sendha Namak, Jivneeya Gana (Meda (Vidari), Mahameda, Kakoli, Ksheer Kakoli, Jivak, Rishbhak, Riddhi, Vriddhi, Mulethi, Jivanti)
Dashmula and Mash Kwath
Benefits of Mahamash Tail
- It is beneficial in the treatment of difficult to treat neurological conditions.
- It shows excellent result in chronic Vata Roga due to vitiation of Vata and Kapha.
- Its few drops are used as ear drops in case of ringing or buzzing in the ears / tinnitus.
- It can be put in nostril for treating paralysis.
- It is helpful in many Vata Vyadhis including facial paralysis, arthritis, pain in joints, muscular stress and paralysis.
- It should be used in changed muscle tone, severe pain in the left shoulder and diminished muscle power.
- It cures muscular weakness.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Mahamash Tail
- Hanustambha (lockjaw)
- Katistambha (restricted movement of the lumbo-sacral region)
- Pangutva (paraplegia)
- Vatashleshmaroga (diseases due to Vata and Kapha Dosha)
- Ardita (facial palsy)
- Prishthastambha (stiffness of back)
- Shiro-griva-stambha (stiffness of the head and neck)
- Aptantrak (hysteria)
- Adhimantha (Ophthalmia, excruciating pain develops headache)
- Khanja (monoplegia)
- Arthritis, osteoarthritis, rheumatism, joint pain, stiffness
- All kinds of the body pain
- Premature ejaculation, sperm discharge
How to use Mahamash Tail
- This oil is used for internal and external purpose. While using this oil please check on label if it is suitable for internal use or not.
- For Nasya put few drops in each nostril.
- It should applied externally on the affected body part 2-3 times a day for 2-3 months.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This is a classical Ayurvedic medicine and is manufactured by Baidyanath (Mahamas Tel), Dabur (Mahamash Tail), Unjha (Mahamash Tail), Nagarjun (Mahamash Tailam), Kottakkal (Mahamasha Tailam), Kerala Ayurveda (Mahamasha Thailam), Vaidyaratnam (MahaMasha Thailam), AVP (Mahamasha Thailam) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.