Table of Contents
Jatyadi Ghrita is a herbal medicated Ghee. It used in the treatment of non-healing, bleeding wound, wounds caused by heat or fire(burns), boils, insect bites wound, post grafting failure wound, etc.
It has antiseptic, antibacterial, wound healing and anti-ulcer properties.
Ingredients of Jatyadi Ghrita
- Jati Patra (Jati) Jasminum officinale var.grandiflorum Lf. 14.76 g
- Nimba-patra Azadirachta indica Lf. 14.76 g
- Patola-patra Trichosanthes dioica Lf. 14.76 g
- Katuka Picrorhiza kurroa Rz. 14.76 g
- Darvi (Daruharidra) Berberis aristata St. 14.76 g
- NiSha (Haridra) Curcuma longa Rz. 14.76 g
- Sariva (Shveta sariva) Hemidesmus indicus Rt. 14.76 g
- Manjishta Rubia cordifolia Rt. 14.76 g
- Abhaya (UShira) Vetiveria zizanioides Rt. 14.76 g
- Siktha (Madhucchishta) Bee’s wax 14.76 g
- Tuttha Copper sulphate 14.76 g
- Madhuka (Yashti) Glycyrrhiza glabra Rt. 14.76 g
- Naktahva (Karanja) Pongamia pinnata Sd. 14.76 g
- Sarpi (GoGhrita) Clarified butter from cow’s milk 768 g
- Jala Water 3.07 l
Method of preparation:
Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
Treat Ghrita to prepare Murchita Ghrita.
Wash and grind fresh leaves of ingredients 1 to 3 of the formulation composition (Kalka dravya) in a wet grinder. Treat Tuttha to prepare Shodhitha Tuttha and keep aside for addition during snehapaka. Take the ingredients (Kalka dravya) 4 to 9 and 12 to 13, clean, dry, powder and pass through sieve number 85 separately. Transfer the powdered ingredients to the wet grinder, add the paste of ingredients number 1 to 3 and 11, ingredient grind with a sufficient quantity of water to prepare a homogeneous blend (Kalka).
Take Murchita Ghrita in a stainless steel vessel and heat it mildly. Add increments of Kalka. Stir thoroughly while adding water in the ratio of 1:4.
Heat for 3 h with constant stirring maintaining the temperature between 500 and 900 during the first hour of heating. Stop heating and allow to stand overnight.
Start heating next day, observe the boiling mixture for subsidence of froth and constantly check the Kalka for the sign of varti breaking down into pieces on attempting to form a varti (khara paka lakshana). Expose the varti to flame and confirm the absence of crackling sound indicating absence of moisture. Stop heating when the kalka breaks down into pieces on attempting to form a varti and the froth subsides. Filter while hot (about 800) through a muslin cloth. Add small pieces of Siktha, filter through a muslin cloth and allow to cool. Pack it in a tightly closed glass containers to protect from light and moisture.
A low melting Ghrita, yellowish green in color, unctuous to touch with pleasant odour.
Store in a cool place in a tightly closed container, protected from light and moisture.
Benefits of Jatyadi Ghrita
- It is anti–bacterial (active against bacteria).
- It is anti-ulcer (active against ulcer, tending to prevent or heal ulcers).
- It is anti-microbial (active against microbes).
- It is antiseptic (Capable of preventing infection by inhibiting the growth of infectious agents).
- It helps in treating Ulcers, Eczema and other skin related problems.
Therapeutic uses of Jatyadi Ghrita
- Uses of Jatyadi Ghrita
- Local application in Sinus
- Ulcers (Non-healing, Bleeding, Deep-rooted, Painful)
- Ulcers in vital points
- Oozing/ weeping ulcer
- Insect bites
- Any type of wound
How to use Jatyadi Ghrita?
It is used externally on wounds and ulcers. Clean the wound and apply a layer of Ghrita and cover with sterile gauze piece, put a cotton pad with suitable bandage. Put it for 12-24 hour depending on causative factor, season and condition of wound.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala (Jatyadi Ghritam), SKM Siddha & Ayurveda (Jatyadi Ghrutham), Jaggi (Jatyadi Ghrita) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.