Table of Contents
Constipation during pregnancy is very common. Around forty percent pregnant women suffer from constipation.
Reasons for slow bowel and constipation in pregnancy
- Less fluid intake, less fibre intake
- Lack of exercise
- Iron supplements taken during pregnancy
- Hormones produced during pregnancy causes sluggish intestine movement, relaxation of bowel muscles so food and waste moves slowly.
Management tips and precaution
- In any case OTC drugs should not be used as such drugs are harmful and may cause uterine contraction and premature labour.
- For constipation during pregnancy only natural products should be used. This product does not harm pregnant mother and baby.
Here are home remedies for curing constipation during pregnancy.
- Drink adequate amount of water. This is best way to avoid constipation.
- Do regular exercise. This helps to improve bowel movement.
- If constipated then take Isabgol husk (5-10 gm) in hot milk before going to bed.
- Take raisins (8-10) and boil in glass of milk. This not only cures constipation but also improves health.