Table of Contents
Jatiphaladi churna is polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine in powder form. It is used in the treatment of diarrhea, sprue, respiratory problems, etc. This churna is sedative, antispasmodic and astringent.
The chief ingredient of this medicine is Jatiphal or Nutmeg. It is the seed kernel of the fruit of the tree Myristica fragrans. Nutmeg is an effective herb for the digestive diseases. It has carminative/preventive and expelling gas, spasm relieving, vomiting preventive, antiseptic, astringent, digestive, stomachic and anti-peristaltic properties. Nutmug has abortion stimulating properties.
Ingredients of Jatiphaladi churna
Jatiphaladi Churna is a powder preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation composition given below.
- Jatiphala जायफल Myristica fragrans Sd. 1 part
- Lavanga लवंग Syzygium aromaticum Fl.Bd. 1 part
- Ela इलाइची (Sukshmaila) Elettaria cardamomum Sd. 1 part
- Patra तेजपत्ता (TejaPatra तेजपत्ता) Cinnamomum tamala Lf. 1 part
- Tvak दालचीनी Cinnamomum zeylanicum St.Bk. 1 part
- Nagakeshara नागकेशर Mesua ferrea Stmn. 1 part
- Karpura Cinnamomum camphora Sub.Ext 1 part
- Shveta Candana चन्दन Santalum album Ht.Wd. 1 part
- Tila तिल Sesamum indicum Sd. 1 part
- Tvakkshiri (Vamisha) Bambusa bambos S.C 1 part
- Tagara Valeriana wallichii Rt. 1 part
- Amla आमला (Amalki) Emblica officinalis P. 1 part
- Talisa Abies webbiana Lf. 1 part
- Pippali पिप्पली Piper longum Fr. 1 part
- Pathya (Haritaki) Terminalia chebula P. 1 part
- Sthulajiraka (Upakuncika) Nigella sativa Sd. 1 part
- Citraka Plumbago zeylanica Rt. 1 part
- Shunthi सोंठ Zingiber officinale Rz. 1 part
- Vidanga विडंग Embelia ribes Fr. 1 part
- Marica काली मिर्च Piper nigrum Fr. 1 part
- Bhanga भांग (Vijaya) Shuddha Cannabis sativa Lf. 20 parts
- Sharkara Cane Sugar चीनी 40 parts
Lf.=Leaf;P.=Pericarp;Rt.=Root;Fr.=Fruit;Rz.=Rhizome;Sd.= Seeds;St.=Stem;St. Bk.= Stem Bark;Fl. Bd.=Flower Bud.
Methods of preparation
Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
Treat Bhanga to prepare Shuddha Bhanga. Wash and dry the ingredients numbered 1 to 6, 8, 9 and 11 to 21. Powder the ingredients 1 to 22. The powders should completely pass through sieve number 44 and not less than 50 percent through sieve number 85. Weigh each ingredient and mix together in required quantity. Pass the Curna through sieve number 44 to obtain a homogenous blend and pack in an air-tight container.
Description:Greenish brown, smooth powder, odour characteristic of camphor, tastes sweet and faintly pungent. The powder completely passes through sieve number 44 and not less than 50 percent through sieve number 85.
Storage: Store in a cool place in a tightly closed container, protect from light and moisture.
Uses of Jatiphaladi Churna
Jatiphaladi Churna, is indicated in chronic diarrhea, cough, difficult breathing, loss of appetite, consumption, nasal congestion and rhinitis. It contains Bhang or Cannabis. Cannabis makes this medicine fast acting and sedative.
- Chronic diarrhea, Sprue syndrome
- Cough, nasal congestion
- Asthma, dyspnoea (Painful difficult breathing)
- Dysmenorrhea (Painful menses)
- Menorrhagia (heavy, long menses)
The Dosage of Jatiphaladi churna
1 to 2 grams once or twice a day.
Take this medicine along with Honey, Water or Takra (Butter milk).
It contains cannabis. Always take in the recommended dosage only.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath India and sold worldwide.