In Ayurveda Saptamrit Lauh is considered rejuvenator and rasayana. It gives strength to various sensory organs, improves digestive system and cures eye diseases. It is prepared using four herbs and lauha bhasm. Lauha bhasma is ayurvedic preparation of iron. It is manufactured by various Ayurvedic pharmacies like baidyanath, Patanjali Divya pharmacy, dabur etc. The four herbs which are used are harad, amla, baheda and mulethi. Amla is well known for positive effect on eye sight and brain. The combination of three fruits or triphala is very good for digestive system.
Saptamrit Lauh can be taken in smaller doses for a longer period to improve body strength, digestive system, remove toxins from body and pacifying vaat, kapha dosh.
Uses and benefits of Saptamrit Lauh
- Improves eyesight
- Burning sensation and heaviness in eyes
- Itching in eyes
- Redness in eyes
- Night blindness
- Also useful in curing anaemia, digestive problems
Preparing Saptamrit Lauh at home
You will need following ingredients
- Terminalia chebula (Haritaki), Terminalia belerica (Baheda), Embelica officinalis (Amla), Glycyrrhiza glabra (Mulheti) and Lauh Bhasma (Purified iron powder)
- Take 100 mg of each ingredient.
- First grind all herbal ingredients to very fine powder.
- Sieve it through thin cloth to get pure herbal powder.
- Now mix Lauh bhasma 100 mg. This mixture or powder is Saptamrit lauh. This should be stored in clean glass bottle for use.
This medicine is also known as Saptamrut loha, Saptamrit lauha.