Heerak Bhasma is Ayurvedic preparation of diamond. This preparation is also known as Vajra Bhasma. The Bhasma prepared from diamond, the precious gemstone is known as Heerak or Hira or Vajra Bhasma. It is a carbon based drug. Other elements are also present in the Hirak Bhasma in lesser amount due to its processing in iron equipment after triturating with juice of herbs.
Diamond is known as Hirak, Vidura, Vajra, Svarichakra, and Tarakam in Sanskrit. It is the most precious, brilliant, transparent and hardest gemstone found on earth. Diamond is mainly classified in to four types, white, red, yellow and black. The diamond which is round in size and possess high gloss is termed as male. For internal administration white diamond is preferred, the red-colored is beneficial in various diseases and prevents premature death. The yellow variety gives strength. The black variety is also beneficial in several ailments.
Heerak Bhasma is a Rasayana, rejuvenator, aphrodisiac which improves overall health. It improves complexion, strength, fertility and potency. It gives strength to heart, mind, and whole body. Hirak Bhasma is a powerful alterative tonic that improves nutrition, increases the strength and firmness of the body and removes all sorts of diseases.
Hirak Bhasma is excellent remedy for diseases of heart. It helps to maintain correct blood circulation by removing the obstruction from the coronary arteries. It gives relief in angina pectoris. It stimulates heart functioning and impart energy to dilated heart. It works effectively in contraction of veins and blood clotting and improves blood circulation.
It is clinically proven in heart diseases, angina, consumption, malignant wounds, scrofulous enlargements and impaired immunity.
Hirak bhasma is tridoshnashk. As per Ayurveda, Heerak bhasma, Ras Sindur / Makardhwaj taken with milk cream can even cure impotency which is difficult to cure.
Hirak Bhasma is also used as an ingredient of several alterative and tonic medicines such as Trailokya Chintamani Ras, Ratnagiri Ras, Sarvanga Sundar Ras etc.
Here is given more about Heerak/Hirak Bhasma such as indication/therapeutic uses, Key Ingredients and dosage.
- Synonyms: Vajra Bhasma, Hirak Bhasma, Hiraka Bhasma, Heera Bhasma, Hira Bhasma,
- Colour: Red or dark red due to presence of red oxide (Fe203 or FeO)
- Solubility: Partly soluble in water and sparingly soluble in organic solvents like chloroform and methanol.
- Contains: Carbon, Oxygen, Sodium, Magnesium, Aluminum, Silicon, Phosphorus, Sulfur Potassium, calcium, Chromium and Iron. Iron and Oxygen are in high percentage.
- Main Action: Tonic, nutritive, aphrodisiac
- Important indications: chronic and wasting diseases, protecting life in difficult to cure diseases e.g., cancer, AIDS.
Key Ingredients of Heerak Bhasma
- Heerak Bhasma
- Processed with Kulthi and Heeng
Chemical Composition of Hirak Bhasma is given below:
0.8 – 1.00
Benefits of Heerak Bhasma
- It improves blood circulation by removing obstruction within the coronary arteries.
- It is effective in toning the heart muscles.
- It is an excellent remedy for heart troubles, heart pains, contraction of veins and blood clotting.
- It is excellent rejuvenator and Rasayana.
- It promotes strength, stamina and vitality.
- It is improves physical strength.
- It is powerful tonic and antitumor agent.
- It increases semen and improves libido.
Therapeutic Uses of Heerak Bhasma
Hirak bhasma is indicated in many diseases. It is very precious and expensive. There are only few pharmacies which are making this medicine. Hirak Bhasma is indicated in chronic and difficult to cure diseases.
- Heart diseases, Angina pain
- Arthritis, bone disorders, rheumatism
- Depression of bone marrow
- Diseases of eyes
- Eye diseases
- Immunity disorders. AIDS
Dosage of Heerak Bhasma
Hirak Bhasma is given in very low dose. Generally 2 mg to 10 mg twice daily with butter, ghee, milk or Honey can be given. 10 mg is upper limit. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.It is mineral based medicine and should be taken under medical supervision.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores. Name of few Ayurvedic Pharmacies manufacturing this medicine are given below:
- Dabur (Heerak Bhasma) MRP: Rs 860 for 100 mg.
- Patanjali Divya Pharmacy (Heerak Bhasma) MRP: Rs 720.00 for 300 mg
- Shree Dhootapapeshwar Limited (Heerak Bhasma) and some other Ayurvedic pharmacies.