Divya Arshkalp Vati is proprietary Ayurvedic medicine from Swami Ramdev’s Divya (Patanjali) Pharmacy. It is used in the treatment of bleeding and non-bleeding piles. This medicine is really effective if used with proper instruction by Patanjali clinic Ayurvedachaya.
Piles are also known as hemorrhoid. In medical term, it is defined as pain caused by venous swelling at or inside the anal sphincter. Piles develop due to excessive pressure on the anus. This excess pressure in anus develops due to constipation, pregnancy, delivery or any other reasons, causes swelling of anal cushions.
This herbal combination softens the stool and helps to heal the hemorrhoids. It may not be effective for second or third-degree piles cases. Arshkalp Vati, should not be used during pregnancy due to it’s anti-inflammatory, drying, heating, and laxative properties. Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary
- Brand: Divya Patanjali Pharmacy
- Main Indication: Piles / Hemorrhoids / Hemorrhoids / Arsha / Bawaseer
- MRP/Price: Arshkalp Vati 40 gram/ 80 tablets @ Rs 65
Divya Arshkalp Vati Composition
Ingredients present in Divya Arshkalp Vati formulation are given below:
- Rasont Shuddha Berberis Aristata 150 mg
- Choti Harad Terminalia Chebula 100 mg
- Bakayan fruits berry Melia Azedarach 100 mg
- Neem Fruits Azadirachta Indica 100 mg
- Reetha Sapindus Mukorossi 5 mg
- Kapoor Desi Cinnamomum Camphora 5 mg
- Khuna Kharaba (Dragon’s Blood) Daemonorops Draco 2.5 mg
- Makoy Solanum Nigrum 12.5 mg
- Ghrita Kumari Aloe Barbadensis 12.5 mg
- Nagadaun Artemisia Vulgaris 12.5 mg
- Excipients Gum Acacia Q.S. Talcum Q.S.
Daruharidra or Berberis Aristata is a shrub or small tree. It is distributed in the temperate and subtropical parts of Asia, Europe, and America. Barberry, Berberidis, Pipperidge bush. Berberis chitria Lindl., Berberis dumetorum Gouan, Berberis floribunda Wall. are few common names of Berberis Aristata.
Properties of Daruhaldi is considered similar to Haldi. Daruhaldi is effective against a variety of bacteria, fungi, protozoas, helminths, chlamydia, and viruses. The root and stem of all species contain isoquinoline alkaloids such as berberine, berbamine, jatrorrhizine, oxyberberine, palmatine, magnoflorine, oxyacanthine, and others. The alkaloid berberine is known to possess anti-microbial properties against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
The main constituent berberine is bactericidal, amoebicidal and fungicidal. It has some antiepileptic, uterine stimulant and hypotensive effects and is slightly sedative. The decoction of the roots and bark is given for jaundice, diarrhea, malarial fever and painful micturition due to bilious or acrid urine. Externally, it is used in all ailments of the eye, skin diseases and for cleaning ulcers.
Rasanjana or Rasont is the solidified decoction of Daruhaldi. The decoction or solidified water extract is prepared from the stem or the roots of the plant. Rasont has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, anti-diarrheal, anti-trachoma and antipyretic activity.
Haritaki / Harad / Halelaa siyaah or Chebulic Myrobalan is used in the treatment of for the digestive weakness, oedema, dermatosis, urinary diseases, irregular fever and as a blood purifier. It has laxative activity.
Contraindications of Chebulic Myrobalan: Haritaki should not be taken in acute coughs, acute diarrhea, and early-stage dysentery.
Kakamachi, Makoi or Black Nightshade consists of the dried whole plant of Solanum nigrum Linn. (Fam. Solanaceae); an herbaceous annual weed, 30-45 cm high, found throughout the country in dry parts, quite common in cultivated lands, roadsides and gardens.
Solanum nigrum commonly contains various phytochemicals such as glycoalkaloids, glycoproteins, polysaccharides, polyphenolic compounds such as gallic acid, catechin, protocatechuic acid (PCA), caffeic acid, epicatechin, rutin, and naringenin. It has antitumorigenic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, hepatoprotective, diuretic, and antipyretic properties. Solanum nigrum and it has been extensively used traditionally to treat various ailments such as pain, inflammation, skin diseases, urinary diseases, diabetes, anorexia, fever, hiccups, and vomiting.
Contraindications of Black Nightshade
In a larger dose, Black Nightshade may cause pain in the abdomen, diarrhea, vomiting. It can cause sedation, depression of the central nervous system and depression in reflexes of the spinal cord. Black Nightshade overdose, can cause intestinal disease, abdominal disease, headache, irritability, nausea, and vomiting. Black Nightshade should not be given to children and better to be avoided in pregnancy.
Neem is used to treat intestinal worms, heat-rash, boils, wounds, jaundice, leprosy, skin disorders, stomach ulcers, chicken pox, malarial fever, etc. The bark of the tree is used in Ayurveda for the treatment of the skin diseases, excessive pitta, excessive kapha, toxins in the body, bleeding disorders and healing of wounds. The active constituents of neem are the mainly triterpenoids, sterols, bitter principles Nimbin and nimbiol.
Neem Root bark and young fruits are astringent, tonic and antiperiodic (prevent recurrence of diseases).
Bead Tree, Chinaberry, China Tree, Persian Lilac, Pride of India, Maha Neem, Bakain, Bakarja, Bakayan, Betain, Deikna, Drek, Azad-darakht and Bakaen are the few synonyms for the tree Melia azedarach. It has significant blood detoxifying and anthelmintic properties and is used in the treatment of diseases of the skin.
Contraindications of Bakain
It has Abortifacient (Induces abortion) action.
It has been reported that sperm motility and daily sperm production was significantly reduced in rats fed with Melia azedarach.
It Stimulates or increases menstrual flow.
Ghrit Kumari or Aloe Vera is rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, and natural sugars. It is good for digestion and the liver. It has mild laxative properties and used to treat constipation. It soothes the lining of the stomach and intestines. It helps in acid reflux, and stomach and duodenal ulcers. It is alkalinizing and can reduce the symptoms of excess stomach acid and reflux of stomach acid.
The mucilage is stomachic, cooling, alterative and purgative.
Ayurvedic Action / Karma of Divya Arshkalp Vati
- Amanashak: Destroys toxins or Ama.
- Anlomna: Anulomna means one which promotes excretions and favor discharge.
- Deepan: Enkindles the digestive fire.
- Pachana: Digests Ama but does not increase appetite.
- Raktadoshahar: blood purifying.
- Virechak: Laxative.
Biomedical Action Patanjali Arshkalp Vati
- Anthelmintic: Antiparasitic, expel parasitic worms (helminths) and other internal parasites from the body.
- Antibacterial: Seed Oil show antibacterial action.
- Antiseptic: Capable of preventing infection by inhibiting the growth of infectious agents.
- Laxative: Tending to stimulate or facilitate the evacuation of the bowels.
Divya Arshkalp Vati Health Benefits
- It is herbal medicine for piles.
- Divya Arshkalp Vati gives relief in both bloody and flatulence hemorrhoids.
- It prevents pricking, burning, and pain caused by piles.
- It softens the stool and enhances intestinal motility.
Divya Arshkalp Vati Therapeutic Uses
Divya Arshkalp Vati is indicated in Piles also known as Arsh, Bawaseer.
- Bleeding piles
- Non-bleeding piles
- Gives relief in piles related complications
Piles or Hemorrhoids are abnormally enlarged anal cushions. They are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. External hemorrhoids are located under the skin around the anus. Internal hemorrhoids develop in the lower rectum. Internal hemorrhoids may protrude, or prolapse, through the anus.
Most prolapsed hemorrhoids shrink back inside the rectum on their own. Severely prolapsed hemorrhoids may protrude permanently and require treatment
Excessive straining, rubbing, or cleaning around the anus may make symptoms, such as itching and irritation, worse.
Hemorrhoids are not dangerous or life-threatening. Symptoms usually go away within a few days, and some people with hemorrhoids never have symptoms.
The single most important management of piles is to increase the daily fiber intake to above 25 g/day by the diet with/without fiber supplements.
Divya Arshkalp Vati Dosage
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 1 to 2 tablets.
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening.
- It is to be taken with water.
- It can be taken a ½ hour before the meals with water or with buttermilk empty stomach, depending upon the seriousness of the disease.
- Or take as directed by a doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Warnings of Divya Arshkalp Vati
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses. Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effect.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.
- The exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
- Do not use many different medicines for the treatments of the same disease.
- It may or may not work for your condition. There are several factors on which effectivity of herbal medicine depends such as underlying medical condition, duration of diseases, age, health, etc.
- Rasont is Uterine stimulants. Uterine stimulants(uterotonics) are medications that cause the uterus to contract or increase the frequency and intensity of the contractions.
- Rasont must not be used during pregnancy.
- Rasont should not be used if you are trying for a baby.
- It promotes periods. You may get your periods early.
- It contains Bakayan. It is unsafe to use Bakayan in pregnancy. Bakayan is contraindicated in pregnancy and breastfeeding. Bakayan promotes the onset of periods. Bakayan exhibits antifertility effects in both men and women.