Table of Contents
- 1 Isabbael H Granules & Isabbael Granules
- 2 Isabbael H Granules Composition
- 3 Ayurvedic Action / Karma of Isabbael H Granules
- 4 Biomedical Action of Isabbael H Granules
- 5 Isabbael H Granules Health Benefits
- 6 Isabbael H Granules Therapeutic Uses
- 7 Isabbael H Granules Dosage
- 8 Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
Baidyanath Isabbael H Granules, is herbal Ayurvedic medicine from Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan Pvt. Ltd. The chief ingredient of this medicine is Isabgol (Plantago ovata 40.88 gram/100 gram). Other ingredinets include Bilva, Kuruchi, Ajawain, Anis seeds, Cumin seeds, Ajmod and Chitrak mula. Isabbael H Granules is indicated in amoebiasis, irritable bowel syndrome IBS, diarrhea, amoebic dysentery and giardiasis.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan Pvt. Ltd.
- 1, Gupta Lane Kolkata 6
- Goodcare Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
- Sara Inductrial Estate, Plot no. B-1
- Dehradun Uttarakhand
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: Diarrhea, Dysentery
- MRP/Price: 100 grams @ Rs. 107.00
Isabbael H Granules & Isabbael Granules
There are two formulations available from Baidyanath, Isabbael H Granules & Isabbael Granules. Both are different in terms of formulations. Isabgol and Bilva are present in both the formulations but there are more ingredients in Isabbael H.
Isabbael H also contains Atis or (Aconitum heterophyllum 5 gram/100gram). Atis is Antiperiodic and Antiemetic. Aconitum heterophyllum belong to family Ranunculaceae. It is cultivated at northwestern Himalayas, Manali and Rahla in Himachal Pradesh. Atis is potent immunostimulant, antiperiodic, anti-inflammatory, astringent (used in cough, diarrhea, dyspepsia), tonic (used after fevers), febrifuge, antispasmodic (used in irritability of stomach and abdominal pains).
Isabbael H Granules Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
Each 100 gram contains
- Kuruchi Extract Holarrhena antidysentrica 10 gram
- Bel Aegle marmelos 10 gram
- Ajwain Trachyspermum ammi 5 gram
- Ajmoda Apium graveolens 5 gram
- Aknadi Patha Cissampelos pareira 5 gram
- Atis Aconitum heterophyllum 5 gram
- Jeera Cuminum cyminum 3 gram
- Chitrakmula Pumbago zaylancum 7 gram
- Chavya Piper chaba 5 gram
- Haritaki Terminalia chebula 3 gram
- Isabgol Plantago ovata 40.88 gram
- Approved food colour 0.37 gram
- Sodium Benzoate 0.25 gram
- Excipient Coco powder QS
Ishabgol, Snigdhajira, Ispaghula, Spogel Seeds or Isabgol (Plantago ovata) is used in both diarrhea and constipation. It is a cooling in nature and mainly acts on digestive and excretory organs. It balances Vata-Pitta, and Kapha. Isabgol has demulcent, emollient, laxative and diuretic action. It goes through the small intestine undigested, lining the mucus membrane. It also absorbs toxins and bacteria from the intestine.
Isabgol is useful for catarrh, chronic dysentery, intestinal problems, bladder, kidney and urethra problems (including inflammations and burning), digestive disorders, fevers, irritable bowel syndrome and diarrhea. It has also been helpful for constipation. For constipation, it is taken with warm water anf for diarrhea with cold water. Its intake also reduces blood glucose responses.
Bilwa, Bael fruit or Aegle marmelos, is sweet-cold-bitter, pungent and balances Vata-Pitta-Kapha. It is aromatic, alterative, nutritive, astringent; hemostatic, tonic, laxative, digestive stimulant, stomachic, stimulant, antipyretic, aphrodisiac, antibilious, febrifuge and antiparasitical. Bilva fruits is used for acute and amoebic dysentery, griping pain in the loins and constipation, gas, and colic, sprue, and diarrhea. It causes constipation.
Ajwain or carom seeds are commonly used as a spice in cooking. It is known to everybody as carminative spice. The seed is and is beneficial in anorexia, indigestion and abdominal gas. Ajwain subdues both Vata and Kapha, improve secretion of digestive enzymes, gives relief in gas and colic and cures problems due to overeating. It is given for treating indigestion, colic pain, internal obstructions, anemia and diarrhea.
A teaspoonful of seeds with a little salt is given for indigestion from irregular diet. For stomach ache, cough and digestion, the seeds are masticated and swallowed, followed by intake of a glass of hot water.
Ajmoda or Celery seed is a well-known Ayurvedic and Unani medicinal herb. It consists of dried seeds obtained from plant Apium leptophyllum, Apium graveolens, and Trachyspermum roxburghianum. In medicinal properties, it is similar to Ajwain. It gives relief in Vata and Kapha and increases pitta. It is carminative, antiemetic and thermogenic. The seeds are deobstruent and resolvent and given in bronchitis, cough and asthma.
Chitrak roots / Chitramoolam is hot in potency. It has anti-inflammatory, digestive, appetite stimulating, Kaphahara, Vatahara and pain relieving property. The main therapeutic use of the roots are in digestive weakness, malabsorption syndrome, piles, abdominal pain and swelling of anus.
Chitrak Plumbago zeylanica, is very hot in nature. It is contraindicated in High Pitta with inflamed skin, Ulcers and Pregnancy.
Ayurvedic Action / Karma of Isabbael H Granules
- Dipan / Deepana (promote appetite but do not aid in digesting undigested food)
- Pachak (digestive)
- Kapha-Vata har (Remover of the Humor of Kapha-Vata)
- Krimighna (destroys worms)
- Shulaghna (gives relief in pain)
- Mutrala (promote the secretion of urine)
Biomedical Action of Isabbael H Granules
- Antiflatulent: Alleviate or prevent excessive intestinal gas, i.e., flatulence.
- Antimicrobial: Active against microbes.
- Antidiarrheal: Helps in diarrhea.
- Antidysentery: Against bacilli producing dysentery.
- Antioxidant: Neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals and other substances.
- Antispasmodic: Relieve spasm of involuntary muscle.
- Appetizer: Improves appetite.
- Carminative: Preventing the formation or causing the expulsion of flatulence.
- Digestive: Digestant, help in digestion.
Isabbael H Granules Health Benefits
- It gives relief in flatulence, intestinal parasites and cramps.
- It promotes downward flow of air (anulomana).
- It shows beneficial effects diarrhea, dysentery and IBS.
Isabbael H Granules Therapeutic Uses
- Amoebic dysentery
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS
Isabbael H Granules Dosage
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 3-6 gram or 1-2 teaspoon.
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening.
- It is to be taken with water.
- Or take as directed by a doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.
- Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
- Do not use many different medicines for the treatments of the same disease.