Conjunctivitis is a inflammation of conjunctiva which is protecting cover of the eye. There are the mainly three causes of Conjunctivitis(Viral, Bacterial and Allergic). This is very contagious disease so if you have contagious then you are suppose to very careful so that you are not going to spread it.
Precautions to be taken
To avoiding contagion, change your towels and other cloths frequently, wash your eye and hands with any herbal soap or some ayurvedic medic and water. Always wear dark sun glasses to avoid shine which may cause irritation.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies
There are some ayurvedic Home remedies to cure conjunctivitis, you can try any of the following not all at a time.
- Make filtered juice of Marigold(Genda Flower) leaves in small metal bowl and add some water and boil it and wash your eyes thoroughly 3 times a day. You can directly put 2-3 drop of leaves juice into eyes.
- Make 5-6 drops filter juice of Chirchira (Achyranthes Aspera or Prickly Flower in English) leaves and put 2-2 drops in your eyes 2-3 times a day.
- Apply honey 2 times a day. It will give you lot of pain. but after that you will feel the difference. You use this before sleeping.
- You apply 2-3 drops of pure rose water it will relive you with burning sensation.
- Mix some alum in water and filter it with some very clean cloth, apply 2 drops of this to your eyes it will definitely give you relief.
- If you have allergic conjunctivitis , then don’t touch you eye directly with hands, wash them with rose water and fresh water only and try to diagnose allergy reason and avoid that.
Note: If your conjunctivitis is lasting for more than 3-4 days, then i will recommend to see a physician.