Table of Contents
Leucorrhoea is medical term used for abnormal thick, white, foul smelling discharge from vagina. This is also known as Shweta Pradar in hindi. This condition may cause irritation and itching in vagina. There are various reasons for leucorrhoea like poor hygiene, vaginal infection, hormonal disorder, metabolic disorders and aggravation of Kapha dosha.
Excessive white vaginal discharge is very common during puberty, on ovulation in menstrual cycle and during pregnancy. In these cases reason of excessive discharge is increase in estrogen hormone. Vaginal discharge also increases if there is pelvic inflammation. Some contraceptive pills are also responsible for white discharge.
Reasons for Leucorrhoea
- Poor hygiene of the genital area
- Lack of cleanliness
- Infection in vagina, pelvic inflammatory disease
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Uterine prolapse
- Anemia, Poor health
Here are few home remedies to treat leucorrhoea
- Prepare a vaginal douche. Take Triphala churna (5 gm) and boil in 3 cup water for fifteen minutes. Filter this solution and use to douche in lukewarm condition.
- Take bark of Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa) tree and prepare decoction by boiling in water. Use this decoction to douche.
- Lodhra tree is also known as Tilva, Shavara and Lodh. Its bark have astringent activities.
- Prepare decoction of fenugreek seeds (1 tbsp) in water (3 cups) and drink regularly.
Ayurveda not only cures disease but also removes underlying reason responsible for diseases. According to Ayurved the main reason for leucorrhoea is toxins in the body due to impaired digestion and wrong eating habits.
There are various herbal Ayurvedic medicine available which are used to treat leucorrhoea. These medicines help to improve digestion and assimilation of nutrients in the body. Ayurvedic medicines are beneficial to remove toxins from the body, cure anemia and balance various doshas that are responsible for diseases.
Ayurvedic medicines for Shveta Pradar (Leucorrhoea)
- Kukkutanda twak bhasma
- Pushyanug Churna
- Pradarnashak churna
- Pradarantak Lauha
- Chandraprabha vati