Dugdha vati (Shoth) is herbo-mineral Ayurvedic medicine indicated in the treatment of Shotha/inflammation. In this medicine Hingula acts as Agni deepaka, Vatsnabha as shothahara and Dhatura beej as vedna-sthapka.
Ingredients of Dugdha vati
- Shudh vatsnabha – 1 part
- Shudh dhaturabeeja – 1 part
- Shudh hingula/Cinnabar/compound of mercury and sulfur – 1 part
- Dhautura Patra swarsa (bhavna)
Uses of Dugdha vati
- Weak/impaired digestion
- Visham jwar, chronic fever
- Sangrahani /irregular bowels, (constipation alternately with loose motion)
- Sprue syndrome
The Dosage of Dugdha vati
60-120 mg twice a day with milk or as directed by physician.