Table of Contents
Ashoka Ghrita is herbal Ayurvedic medicated Ghee used for gynecological disorders. It is referenced from Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Strirogadhikar. Asoka Ghrita contains Ghee, Ashoka Bark, Ashtavarga (Jeevaka, Rishabhak, Meda, Mahameda, Kakoli, Ksheera Kakoli, Riddhi, Vriddhi), Masparani, Mudgaparni, Jeevanthi etc. It is a tonic and alterative for women. It is indicated in uterine diseases, menstrual disorders (menorrhagia, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhoea) etc.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Ashoka Ghrita
The chief ingredient of this medicine is bark of Ashoka (Saraca indica) tree. Ashoka is a sacred tree and used for medicinal purpose since ancient time. It is very useful for treatment of gynecological disorders. In Ayurveda, it is main herb for disorders of the uterus.
Ashok has bitter, astringent, cooling, sedative and pungent properties. It works on blood, fat and reproductive system.
The base of Ashika-Ghrita is Go-Ghrita.
Complete list of ingredients in given below.
- Ashoka-valkala (St. Bk.) 768 g
- Water for decoction 3.072 l reduced to 768 m;
- Ghritha 768 g
- Jiraka-kvatha (Fr.) 768 ml
- Tandulambu (Shali) (Sd.) 768 ml
- Ajakshira 768 ml
- Kesharaja rasa (Bhringaraja) (Pl.) 768 ml
- Jivanti (Rt.) 24 g
- Kakoli (Sub. Rt.) 24 g
- Kshirakakoli (Sub. Rt.) 24 g
- Meda (Rt. Tr.) 24 g
- Mahameda (Rt. Tr.) 24 g
- Mudgaparni (Pl.) 24 g
- Mashaparni (Pl.) 24 g
- Rishabhaka (Rt. Tr.) 24 g
- Jivaka (Rt. Tr.) 24 g
- Rddhi (Sub. Rt. Tr.) 24 g
- Vriddhi (Sub. Rt. Tr.) 24 g
- Yashtimadhuka (Yashti) (Rt.) 24 g
- Piyala (Priyala) (Kr.) 24 g
- Parusha (Parushaka) (Fr.) 24 g
- Rasanjana (Daruharidra) (St. Ext.) 24 g
- Yashtyahvaya (Yashti) (Rt.) 24 g
- Ashoka mula (Rt.) 24 g
- Mridvika (Draksha) (Dr. Fr.) 24 g
- Shatavari (Rt. Tr.) 24 g
- Tanduliyaka-mula (Rt.) 24 g
- Sharkara 384 g
Benefits of Ashoka Ghrita
- It is excellent medicine to treat female diorders.
- It is a uterine tonic and nervine tonic.
- It is used in the treatment of disorders of female reproductive tract such as pain in pelvis, pain in vagina, abnormal bleeding, Shwet pradar, Rakt pradar etc.
- It pacifies Vata and Pitta dosha.
- It gives relief in the burning sensation in the body, anemia, fatigue, pain in the body etc.
- It stimulates appetite and digestion.
- It improves overall health and weight.
- It promotes physical strength, complexion and longevity.
Important Therapeutic Uses
Pradara (Excessive vaginal discharge), amenorrhoea, menorrhagia, leucorrhoea
- Kukshishula (Pelvic pain)
- Kati Shula (Lower backache)
- Yonishula (Pain in female genital tract)
- Pandu (Anaemia)
- Mandagni (Impaired digestive fire)
- Aruci (Tastelessness)
- Karshya (Emaciation)
- Shvasa (Dyspnoea/Asthma)
- Kasa (Cough)
The Dosage of Ashoka Ghrita
Half teaspoon-1 spoon for (5-10 gram) twice a day with milk or lukewarm water.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
People suffering from obesity, heart diseases, high blood pressure, Diabetics, high cholesterol should use this medicine with precaution.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Ashok Ghrit), Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala (Asoka Ghritam), Atharv’s (Asoka Ghritam) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.