Panchasava is a polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine from Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan. It is an Ayurvedic tonic for digestive system. Panchasava is prepared by combining five Asava/Arishta of Ayurveda viz. Drakshasava, Balarishta, Lohasava, Kumari asava and Dashmoolarishta. It is useful in treatment of all digestive disorder such as gas, constipation, acidity, abdominal colic, abdominal pain, indigestion etc.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Panchasava
As the name itself suggest (Panch=panch/five + Asava) this medicine is combination of 5 Classical Ayurvedic Asava.
- Drakshasava is Ayurvedic medicine for physical weakness, fatigue, digestive weakness, hyperacidity, indigestion, anorexia and other gastric disorder. It improves appetite, digestion and relaxes nerves. It is fermented preparation made from grapes or raisins.
- Balarishta is given to treat digestive weakness, loss of strength, burning sensation and rheumatic disorder. It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lohasava is indicated in chronic anemia and weakness due to liver disorders.
- Kumari asava is indicated in treatment of liver disorders, dyspnea, constipation, general debility, cough, asthma, consumption, piles, epilepsy and pain. It is a tonic. It reduces inflammation and pitta. The chief ingredient in this medicine is Aloe-vera.
- Dashmoolarishta is a tonic and It cures digestive weakness and gives strength and vigor.
Benefits of Panchasava
- It is herbal tonic for digestive system.
- Its intake improves appetite and digestion.
- Its regular use given strength to digestive system and liver.
- It gives relief in gas, acidity, constipation etc.
- It improves immunity and hemoglobin level.
Uses of Panchasava
Baidyanath Panchasava is an Ayurvedic tonic for digestive system. It is used to improve digestion and to cure digestive disorders.
- Appetite loss
- Digestive weakness
- Gas, burps, constipation
- General weakness, fatigue
- Anemia, chronic debilitating disease
- Convalescence after major illness
Dosage of Panchasava
12-24 ml with equal amount of water after meals, twice a day, or as directed by physician.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.