Tori(Nenua) is summer green vegetable, cultivated across India. It is great source of vitamins, iron and other minerals which are required for our body in summer. There are many dishes of tori like mustard & coriander based gravy, bharta with kalonji, with onion, with chana etc.
Here I am writing very simple and delicious recipe of tori with onion.
Ingredients for tori bhaji:
- Tori 500 gm
- Potato 1-2 medium size
- Onion 2 large
- Garlic 4-5 cloves
- Green chili 2-3
- Jeera 1-2 pinch
- Cooking oil 1-2 spoon
- Salt to taste
Method for making tori bhaji:
- Clean and cut tori in 1 inch pieces(Clean roughly tori with blunt side of knife)
- Peal potato and cut in small cubes
- Chopped green chilli and garlic cloves
- Cut onion in little thick slices
- Heat oil in frying pan
- Crackle with jeera
- Saute chopped green chili and garlic
- Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame
- Now add potato and tori and mix well
- Add salt and mix well and cook by putting lead on pan
- Steer in between and cook till tori and potato get cooked.
- Serve with plain paratha, rice and daal.