Table of Contents
Exfoliation or scrubbing is process of peeling and removing outer most layer of the skin. This can be mechanical or chemical. As the name suggest in mechanical process massaging or rubbing is done with natural granules to remove dull, dry, dead skins and in chemical process chemicals, enzymes such as papain are used to dissolve keratin (protein of the skin).
Exfoliation is necessary for good skincare. If you never exfoliate your skin then you may be having layers of dead cells that not only make skin dull but also give greyish skin appearance.
Benefits of Scrubbing or exfoliation of the skin
- Removes dead facial skin
- Removes skin blockage
- Removes blackheads, white heads and acne breakouts
- Cleanses skin gives bright tone
- Gives instant glow by removing dull, lifeless skin
- Skin looks healthy
- Improves skin texture, complexion
- Improves blood circulation and cell regeneration
- Improves absorption of creams through skin
When you need exfoliation of the skin
- Your skin is never exfoliated.
- Your skin looks dull, lifeless and has constant breakout.
- Your skin has uneven skin tone.
Caution while exfoliating
- It is important to know the skin type before opting for scrubbing.
- If you have sensitive skin then massage gently with mild scrubs.
- Do not scrub damaged skin.
- Avoid pimples and acnes while massaging skin.
- Do not overdo scrubbing as that increases skin sensitivity and causes more harm than good.
- For exfoliating facial skin mild scrubbing should be used.
Frequency of Skin exfoliation
In a weak skin exfoliation should be done once or twice only. Over scrubbing causes skin redness, irritation and skin thinning. It causes more harm than good.
Your skin may become oversensitive.
At a time scrubbing should be done for a few seconds only.