Table of Contents
- 1 Information
- 2 Ingredients of Isotine Eye Drops
- 3 Isotine Eye Drops Claimed Benefits
- 4 Important Therapeutic Uses of Isotine Eye Drops
- 5 How to Use Isotine Eye Drops
- 6 Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
Isotine Eye Drops is an herb and Bhasma containing eye drop from Jagat Pharma. It is claimed to improve eyesight and treat innumerable eye diseases.
This page tries to give you information about Isotine Eye Drops. It is important to mention here that all the information, benefits are given based on claims by the manufacturer.
Our website does not endorse this product. The claims can be exaggerated as there is no clinical trial done on this medicine and no clinical evidence is available.
The Advertising Standards Council of India ASCI CCC Decisions (October 2014)
Jagat Pharma (Isotine Eye Drops): The advertisement of Isotine Eye Drops claims to give relief from any eye problems in 5 minutes without surgery. It further states this “incredible research by Dr Basu”, with the Doctor promoting the clinic which is in violation of the Medical Council of India (MCI) Code of Medical Ethics Regulation, Clause 6.1.
- Manufacturer of Dr. Basu’s Isotine Eye Drop: Jagat Pharma
- Availability: Online
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine, Blend of herbs and minerals
- Main Indication: Eye diseases, Eyesight improvement
- Suitable for: Everyone as mentioned by manufacturer
Isotine Eye drops
6 Vials of 10 ml eye drop 3 Months @ Rs 550.00
2 Month Course 4 Vials Eye Drops 60 Capsules @ Rs 1600.00
Ingredients of Isotine Eye Drops
- Palash (Butea Monosperma) 0.300%
- Apamarg (Achyranthus Aspera) 0.300%
- Punarnava (Boerrhavia Diffusa) 0.300%
- Yashad Bhasma (Purifed) 0.060%
- Tankana Bhasma (Purifed) 2.000%
- Alum (Purifed) 0.400%
- Tuth Bhasma (Purifed) 0.040%
- Satva Pudina (Mentha Pipreta) 0.015%
- Benzalkonium Chloride 0.01%
- Aqua 10ml
Isotine Gold (Contains Isotine Plus Eye Drop + Isoneuron Capsule)
Isotine Plus Eye Drop contains additional ingredients (Holostemm Adakodien SehultesSantalum Album, Emblica officinalis)
- Holostemma ada-kodien Schult Jivanti 0.3%
- Santalum Album linn Chandan 0.3%
- Emblica officinalis roxb Amla 0.3%
- Butea Monosperma Palash 0.3%
- Achyranthus aspera Apamarg 0.3%
- Boerrhavia Diffusa Punarnava 0.3%
- Zinc Oxide Yashad Bhasma 0.06%
- Tankana Bhasma 2.0%
- Alum 0.4%
- Tuth Bhasma 0.04%
- Mentha Pipreta Satva Pudina 0.015%
- Benzalkonium Chloride – 0.01%
- Aqua Purified Water 10 ml
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra Licorice 60 mg
- Acorus calamus Vacha 60 mg
- Nardostachys jatamansi 60 mg
- Withania Somnifera Ashwagandha 60 mg
- Convolvulus Pluricaulis Shankhpushpi 60 mg
Antiestrogenic, Antioxidant, Antiseptic, Contraceptive, Decongestant, Depurative, Diaphoretic, Emmenagogue, Immunostimulant, Tonic
Contraindication: Heart disease, diabetics, hypertensives, hepatoses, and nephroses.
Analgesic, Antigonadotropic, Carminative, Diuretic, Emmenagogue, Expectorant, Tranquilizer.
Amebicide, Analgesic, Antibacterial, Antiseptic, Carminative, Hypnotic, Sedative, Tranquilizer.
Antianxiety, Anti-thyroid, Antifungal, Blood purifier, Sedative, Tranquilizer and tonic for the brain.
Tankan, Suhaga, Sohaga, Tinkal, SodiumBiborate, Sodium Borate, Biborate of Soda are common names of Borax.
Tankana (Na2B4O7 10H2O) is composed of boric acid and soda. It exists as crystalline tough masses or in the form of translucent irregular masses, and when exposed to air it becomes opaque. Borax is purified by being steeped for a night in Kanjika (whey) and dried up the sun.
It has astringent, local sedative and antiseptic action on local application. Tankana is also applied on skin conditions such as warts, sores and cuts. It is applied to hairs for dandruff.
Internally it is given in case of Vata and Kapha roga. It has emmenagogue action and given to induce periods.
Purified Tankan is used for eye diseases due to its mild antibiotic properties. It is used as an eyewash to irrigate / cleanse the eyes. Washing with boric acid or Tankan helps to remove impurities from eyes.
Sulphate of Alumina, Sphatikari, Surashtraja, Phitikhari, Phitkari, or Alum is colourless, transparent crystals, with sweetish astringent taste. It has Astringent, caustic, haemostatic and antiseptic action.
Alum is used for eye diseases. It clears the discharges from eyes. It constricts the vessels and used in chronic and purulent ophthalmia, chronic conjunctivitis, sore eyes, and purulent discharge from eyes.
Isotine Eye Drops Claimed Benefits
Below is given benefits of using this eye drops, as claimed by manufacturer
- It is produced after several years of Dr.Basu’s research work.
- It is based on Ayurvedic herbs and Bhasmas.
- After many clinical trials(No data available), it has since been registered and patented. (Patent lapsed more than 20 years)
- It can be safely used in immature Cataract & other eye diseases like Myopia, Hypermetropia, Diabetic Retinopathy, Color Blindness, Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma, etc. (No proof or evidence)
- It improves vision in dim light.
- It helps to reduce power of reading glasses.
- It eliminate or reduce the need of bifocals.
- 40 to 90% vision can be improved which will be stable and in 40 to 50% cases spectacle can be removed.
- Since 1988, several thousands of people have been benefited by Isotine Eye drop.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Isotine Eye Drops
- Color Blindness
- Computer vision syndrome
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Improving vision
- Macular Degeneration
- Mental fatigue
- Other eye related diseases
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Vision loss
Know the meaning of medical terms:
Clouding or loss of transparency of the lens in the eye as a result of tissue breakdown and protein clumping. There are many causes of cataracts, including aging, cortisone medication, trauma, diabetes, and other diseases.
Treatment: Early cataract may be improved with new eyeglasses, anti-glare sunglasses, or magnifying lenses. Surgery is the only effective treatment. Surgery involves removing the cloudy lens and replacing it with an artificial lens.
Abnormal condition characterized by the inability to clearly distinguish different colors of the spectrum.
Treatment: Curing color blindness is currently impossible. 99% of color blind males and females are color blind as a result of defective genetics on the X chromosome. To cure this color blindness would require some form of gene therapy, repairing the damaged chromosome. Some research has been done in USA using some virus to treat this, using single injection shot, they are waiting for FDA USA approval read here https://www.aao.org/eye-health/news/color-blindness-may-be-treatable-single-injection
Condition of increased pressure within the eyeball, causing gradual loss of sight.
Treatment: Glaucoma can be treated with eye drops, pills, laser surgery, traditional surgery or a combination of these methods. The goal of any treatment is to prevent loss of vision, as vision loss from glaucoma is irreversible.
Chronic hereditary eye disease characterized by black pigmentation and gradual degeneration of the retina.
Treatment: Currently there is no known cure for retinitis pigmentosa. However, research has shown that vitamin A palmitate may slow the progression of certain forms of retinitis pigmentosa.
It is Diabetes complication that affects eyes. It’s caused by damage to the blood vessels of the light-sensitive tissue at the back of the eye (retina). At first, diabetic retinopathy may cause no symptoms or only mild vision problems.
Treatment: There is no cure for diabetic retinopathy. But laser treatment (photocoagulation) is usually very effective at preventing vision loss if it is done before the retina has been severely damaged. Surgical removal of the vitreous gel (vitrectomy) may also help improve vision if the retina has not been severely damaged.
Degenerative condition affecting the central part of the retina (the macula) and resulting in distortion or loss of central vision. It occurs especially in older adults, in which case it is called age-related macular degeneration.
Treatment: It is degenerative condition. Currently there is no known cure for Macular Degeneration. treatment option are available to slow progression of disease and prevent severe vision loss.
How to Use Isotine Eye Drops
- Do get your eyesight checked before using the Isotine Eye Drops to know the progress of using the Isotine.
- Note how many lines of testing chart they can read (far and near) at monthly intervals.
- Wash hands before using eyedrop.
- One drop can be used as a eyedrop for Children below the Age of 10 years.
- Two drops in each eye is recommended for children above the age of 10 and for Adult person.
- The drops should be used three times a day.
- Once the drops are instilled, close the eyes for five minutes.
- Continue the treatment for 2-3 months.
- See the progress by going for an eye test.
- If you see improvement, continue the treatment.
- Depending upon severity, 2 or 3 months or even more duration will be required for which 4 to 12 vials or more of 10ml will be consumed for complete treatment.
- Few people may require six months’ continuous treatment.
- The minimum recommended course for Isotine Gold is 6 months.
Once opened use the drops within one month.
It is recommended not to use this medicine if the bottle is opened for more than one month.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- It is to be used as an eyedrop.
- It is highly recommended to go for eye check up to see the effects or side effects.
- Few people are found to be reactive of herbal extracts and Bhasma.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.
- This medicine has received mixed reviews.
- Do not use this medicine in case of boric acid allergy.
- Remove contact lenses before use.
- Do not immediately put your contact lenses.