Unwanted-Kit tablet is an allopathic medicine, manufactured by Mankind Pharma. It is an abortion pill and used for medical termination of a developing intra-uterine pregnancy up to 49 days of gestation.
Using this medicine, abortion can be done at home. But you need to visit the gynecologist. First, for confirming the pregnancy and its location (in uterus or in fallopian tubes / ectopic) by ultrasound. Then on basis of report the pills are advised as these are prescriptions drugs. After taking the pills, the abortion should take place. Sometimes antibiotics are prescribed to prevent infections and ibuprofen / acetaminophen for pain. Again after 2 weeks the ultrasound scan is done which confirms the abortion is complete and now the uterus is empty. It is essential because incomplete abortion can cause infections.
Abortion pills can only be taken under supervision as they may cause incomplete abortion, severe bleeding and infection of uterus which can affect future possibility of conception or pregnancy.
Brand: Mankind Pharma
Category: Abortion Pills
Pain and cramping: Heavy, Strong, sustained uterine contractions
Bleeding: Heavy, may contain white discharge
Contains: Mifepristone and Misoprostol (Mifepristone stops the hormone progesterone from working and Misoprostol causes the uterus to contract and empty)
Why Women opt for this?
- It can be done at home.
- It is like a miscarriage.
- It is less invasive than an in-clinic abortion.
- It can end an early pregnancy, less than 9 weeks. If case pregnancy is more than 9 weeks than in-clinic abortion is needed.
- Some clinics will go beyond 9 weeks for a medication abortion.
Ingredients of Unwanted-Kit tablet
Unwanted-Kit contains Mifepristone 200 mg and Misoprostol (4 tablet each of 0.2 mg) 800 mcg.
Mifepristone is called the abortion pill or RU-486. It is a synthetic steroid with antiprogestational effects. It causes the placenta to separate from the endometrium, softens the cervix and increases uterine contractions to allow the uterine contents to pass.
Misoprostol causes uterine contractions to expel the contents from the uterus. You will get pain and then the pregnancy ends (like a miscarriage) at home. It also causes nausea, diarrhea, and other symptoms.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Unwanted-Kit tablet
These are prescription abortion pills used to terminate pregnancy which is less than 9 weeks.
About 2 to 7 out of 100 women taking pills needs a surgical procedure because the pregnancy did not completely pass from the uterus or to stop bleeding.
How to take Unwanted-Kit tablet for abortion
Day 1: Take 1 Mifepristone tablet by mouth.
- 24 to 48 hours after taking Mifepristone: Take 2 Misoprostol tablets buccally (hold pills in buccal area in the cheek to diffuse through the oral mucosa (tissues which line the mouth) and enter directly into the bloodstream).
- Most women will pass the pregnancy within 2 to 24 hours after taking the tablets.
- Misoprostol may not work if taken sooner than 24 hour or after 48 hours.
Contraindications / Do not opt for Abortion by pills if
- Over 9 weeks pregnant (time since the start of your last period)
- Confirmed or suspected ectopic pregnancy or undiagnosed adnexal mass
- Do not have access to a doctor or an emergency room
- Have a bleeding problem
- Have a blood clotting disorder or adrenal failure
- Have an IUD. It must be removed first.
- Take any medicines that should not be used with a medical abortion.
- Take certain steroid medicines
- Severe hepatic failure
- Some gynecological conditions (e.g. serious pelvic infection)
- Inherited porphyria
- Cramping, bleeding but still pregnant after taking the pills
- Excessive vaginal bleeding
- Nausea, weakness, dizziness
- Fever, vomiting, anxiety
- Headache, diarrhea, pain
- Hot flushes, low grade temperature
- Adrenal insufficiency, bacterial infection, hypokalemia
- Uterine hemorrhage, uterine infections
- Make sure the abortion is complete as the continued pregnancy can result in severe birth defects in the child.