Table of Contents
Manforce Staylong Gel is an allopathic cream / gel for external use, manufactured by Mankind Pharma. This gel is used in preventing Premature ejaculation PE / early (EE) / rapid ejaculation (RE), the common male sexual dysfunction.
Premature Ejaculation involves
1. Short ejaculatory latency: ejaculation always or nearly always occurs prior to or within about 1 minute of vaginal penetration
2. Lack of control over ejaculation: inability to delay ejaculation on all or nearly all vaginal penetrations.
3. Lack of sexual satisfaction: poor sexual performance leading to distress, frustration and/or the avoidance of sexual encounters
The ingredients of gel belong to the amide class of local anesthetics. Lidocaine, and prilocaine block sodium ion channels required for the initiation, and conduction of neuronal impulses, resulting in local anesthesia to the glans penis mucosal surface, and thus preventing primary premature ejaculation in adult men.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
- Brand: Mankind Pharma
- Category: Cream / gel
- For: Premature ejaculation (PE)
- Dosage Form / Route: Cream / topical
- Availability as: 1 gm Sachet, and 10 gm Tube
- Price / MRP: Rs. 19.45 for 1 gram sachet, and Rs. 126.00 for 10 gm Tube
Composition of Manforce Staylong Gel
Active substance: lidocaine, and prilocaine gel (Anaesthetics, local)
The chemical name of lidocaine is 2-(diethylamino)-N-(2, 6-dimethylphenyl) acetamide. It is a white or almost white, crystalline powder, practically insoluble in water, and very soluble in alcohol, and in methylene chloride.
The chemical name of prilocaine is N-(2-methylphenyl)-2-propylamino-propanamide. Prilocaine is a white or almost white, crystalline powder, slightly soluble in water, and very soluble in acetone, and in ethanol.
Lidocaine has a rapid onset of action, and anaesthesia is obtained within a few minutes, with an intermediate duration of action. Prilocaine has a slower onset of action with slightly longer duration of action.
The combination of lidocaine, and prilocaine provides a rapid onset of action, optimized penetration, maximum depth of neural blockade, and lesser time of onset of numbness. The gel also contains other ingredients, and purified water.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Manforce Staylong Gel
Manforce Staylong Gel is indicated for the treatment of primary premature ejaculation in adult men.
What is premature ejaculation (PE)?
Premature ejaculation (PE) is most common male sexual disorder. It is inability to control or delay ejaculation, and thus affecting both partners.
PE is the occurrence of ejaculation before or very soon after the beginning of intercourse (occurs prior to or within about one minute of vaginal penetration). It is persistent or recurrent condition, and occur after minimal sexual stimulation. The person ejaculates before, on, or shortly after penetration, and before the person wishes it. The patient has little or no voluntary control.
Though it does not involve any impairment of fertility, when intravaginal ejaculation occurs but causes poor sexual performance, distress, bother, frustration and/or the avoidance of sexual intimacy.
How to Use Manforce Staylong Gel
- The gel should be applied before sexual intercourse.
- Apply the gel for 20 minutes on penis.
- Apply thinly to the glans penis, and distal shaft, and covered by a condom for 20-25 minutes. If the condom is removed for intercourse, residual cream should be washed off.
- The use of condom is required to minimize the effect of the cream upon vaginal sensation, as it may cause lower sensation.
- The high water content of this mixture enables it to penetrate the intact skin of the penis.
- 20 min of application time before sexual contact is the optimum period. It will increase the time before ejaculation by 6-8 minutes.
- If you apply more than 30 minutes there are chances of erection loss because of numbness.
- The most common side effects are hypoaesthesia (reduced sensation), and genital burning in both men, and women, plus erectile dysfunction in men, and headache, influenza, naso-pharyngitis, and vulvovaginal discomfort in female sexual partners.
- There is reduced feeling in, and around the penis.
- There is lesser feeling in, and around vagina on contact.
- It may reduce sperm motility.
- Use with Caution in patients with Anaemia, congenital or acquired methaemoglobinaemia or patients on concomitant therapy.
- A higher rate of erectile dysfunction, and male genital hypoaesthesia may be experienced when using it with male condoms.
- Care should be taken not to allow gel to come in contact with the eye, as it may cause eye irritation. Also the loss of protective reflexes can permit corneal irritation, and potential abrasion.
- If contact with the eye occurs, immediately rinse the eye with cold water or saline solution, and cover them gently until any effects, such as numbness, wear off.
- When contacted with female genitalia or anal lining, it could be absorbed, and temporary local numbness/anesthesia is likely to result. This hypoaesthesia may mask normal pain sensations and, therefore, increase the dangers of localized injury as it reduce the ability to feel pain.
Do not use if
- If you or your sexual partner are allergic to lidocaine or prilocaine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you or your sexual partner have a history of an allergy or sensitivity to other local anaesthetics with a similar structure (known as amide-type local anaesthetics).
- Patients hoping to achieve conception should either avoid using this Gel, or, if it is essential to achieve penetration, should wash the glans penis as thoroughly as possible prior to intercourse. It may reduce the possibility of pregnancy.
Excessive uses can cause
- Symptoms of using too much Gel are listed below:
- Feeling light-headed or dizzy
- Tingling of the skin around the mouth and
- Numbness of the tongue
- Abnormal taste
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in the ears
- There is also a risk of a disorder reducing the amount of oxygen in the blood (methaemoglobinaemia). This is more likely when certain medicines have been taken at the same time.
- In serious cases of an overdose, symptoms may include fits, low blood pressure, slowed breathing, stopped breathing, and altered heartbeat. These effects may be life-threatening.