Table of Contents
IME-9 Tablet is a polyherbal ayurvedic medicine. This herbal medicine is a researched product of the Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (C.C.R.A.S.). A double blind clinical human trial has been done on more than 800 patients. It is approved by The Department of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH).
IME-9 Tablet is a combination of well-known and proven medicinal herbs Karela, Jamun, Amra, Gudmar and Shilajeet.
It is useful in management of diabetes. It helps to control fasting blood sugar and postprandial blood sugar. It is prepared from herbal / natural ingredients. It helps in diabetes related problems such as thirst, hunger, fatigue and excessive urination.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Type of medicine: Proprietary / Classical Medicine
- Manufacturer: Kudos Laboratories India, GMP and ISO 9001:2008 Company, Shimla
- Purpose: Diabetes (Madhumeha management)
- IME-9 Tablets MRP / Price: Rs. 300 for 60 tablets
- Suitable for: Diabetic patient
Ingredients of IME-9 Tablets
Below is given list of ingredients.
Each coated tablet contains dried extracts of following:
- Amra (Mangifera indica Linn) 625mg
- Karela (Momordica charantia Linn) 625mg
- Gudmar (Gymnema sylvestre) 625mg
- Jamun (Syzygium cumini (Linn.) Skeels) 625mg
- Shuddha Shilajit (Asphaltum) 0.1665g
- Sodium methyl paraben
- Sodium propyl paraben
- Excipients Q.S.
- Approximate of each tablet 625 mg
About the ingredients
1. Amra (Mangifera indica), contains bio-active compounds, Polyphenols, Carotenoids, Triterpenoids, Magniferrin, Tannins, Gallic Acid derivatives and soluble dietary fibres. All these bio active compounds act by releasing more insulin from Beta-cells & get hypoglycemic effects.
2. Bitter melon / Karela (Momordica charantia family Cucurbitaceae) is well known bitter anti-diabetic herb. The fruits and seeds of this plant are been reported to exert hypoglycemic effect. It contains several chemical constituents, including the glycosides (mormordin and charantin) and alkaloid (mormordicine). It also contains an insulin-like polypeptide called Polypeptide-P. Polypeptide-P has been designated as the ‘plant insulin which lowers blood sugar levels when injected subcutaneously gerbils, langurs and diabetic patients.
3. Gudmar (Gymnema sylvestre, family Asclepiadaceae), is a woody climber found in central and peninsular India. It is one of the main herb used in Ayurveda to treat diabetes due to its hypoglycemic activities. For the medicinal purpose roots and leaves of the plant is used. The chewing of leaf lowers cholesterol, triglycerides, lipid and blood sugar level. Gudmar controls the sugar level as it increases insulin secretion, regenerates islet cells, increases utilization of glucose, and inhibits absorption of sugar from intestine.
Gudmar is bitter, acrid, anodyne, anthelmintic, antipyretic, astringent, cardiotonic, digestive, diuretic, emetic, expectorant, laxative, stimulant, stomachic, uterine tonic. It used in Ayurveda for treating amenorrhea, asthma, bronchitis, cardiopathy, Conjunctivitis, constipation, cough, dyspepsia,piles, hemorrhoids, hepatosplenomegaly, inflammations, intermittent fever, Jaundice and diabetes.
4. Jamun (Syzygium Jambolanum, Synonym Eugenia jambolana, Family: Myrtaceae) or Indian black berry, has antidiabetic properties and reduce in blood glucose level. It increases serum insulin levels. The seed powder of Jamun fruit exhibits normoglycemia and better glucose tolerance.
5. Shilajita/Shilajeet is a natural substance but it is not an animal or plant-based product. It is a mineral pitch that oozes from the rocks. This mineral comes out from the Himalayan rocks during the summer.
Shilajatu increases flow of digestive secretion and helps in better absorption. It is used in the treatment of in consumption (Kshaya), tuberculosis (Rajayakshama), genito-urinary diseases, sexual weakness, gonorrhea, diabetes, chronic bronchitis, phthisis, asthma, gallstone, renal stone, anuria, jaundice, enlarged spleen and the liver, and nervous diseases.
Shilajit is an adaptogen and a major Ayurvedic rejuvenation tonic. It improves digestion and assimilation. In Ayurveda, it is considered a medicine which has the ability to cure every disease. It is highly condensed minerals and amino acid. It slows ageing and degeneration.
Shilajit works on the reproductive organs. It control blood sugar level, and improves immunity. It gives relief in chronic disorders, body pain and diabetes. Its intake gives physical, mental and sexual power. It is a tonic and rejuvenating natural substance.
Benefits of IME-9 Tablets
- It is herbal medicine.
- It has an antioxidanteffects.
- It controls the blood sugar level.
- It gives relief in diabetes related complications.
- It regenerate beta cells.
- It decrease insulin resistance.
- It act by stimulating beta cells and increasing insulin production.
- It decrease peripheral insulin resistance and delay glucose absorption from intestines.
Important Therapeutic Uses of IME-9 Tablets
This medicine is suitable for all gender and used in the management of Diabetes. It has an antioxidanteffects and helps in reducing diabetes related complications.
The Dosage of IME-9 Tablets
Take 2 tablets thrice a day half an hour before a meal with water or as directed by physician.
This medicine is available online and at medical stores.