Table of Contents
Lecope Table tis an allopathic medicine, manufactured by Mankind Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd. This medicine has antihistamine action, and prescribed for getting relief from allergic conditions, and hay fever. It controls the symptoms of allergic condition but does not cure these conditions.
- Brand: Mankind Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
- Category: Antihistamines & Ant-allergic
- Contains: Levocetrizine
- Lecope tablets, and Syrup (levocetirizine)
- Lecope – AD (Antihistamines, and Decongestants)
- Lecope -M (Montelukast)
Ingredients of Lecope Table, and Syrup
Lecope Tablet or Syrup: Levocetirizine hydrochloride 5 mg
Levocetirizine hydrochloride, is a histamine H1-receptor antagonist indicated for relief of symptoms associated with allergic rhinitis, and in the treatment of the uncomplicated skin manifestations of chronic idiopathic urticaria. For Adults, and children 12 years of age, and older, 5 mg (1 tablet or 2 teaspoons (10 mL)) once daily in the evening is given. For Children 6 to 11 years of age the dose is 2.5 mg (1/2 tablet or 1 teaspoon (5 mL)) once daily in the evening. Do not exceed the recommended dose of 2.5 mg once daily in children 6 to 11 years of age.
Category B: Either animal-reproduction studies have not demonstrated a foetal risk but there are no controlled studies in pregnant women or animal-reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect (other than a decrease in fertility) that was not confirmed in controlled studies in women in the 1st trimester (and there is no evidence of a risk in later trimesters).
Lecope –AD: Levocetirizine 5 mg, pseudoephedrine 30 mg, Ambroxol 60 mg.
Category C: Either studies in animals have revealed adverse effects on the foetus (teratogenic or embryocidal or other), and there are no controlled studies in women or studies in women, and animals are not available. Drugs should be given only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the foetus.
Lecope –M: Levocetirizine dihydrochloride 5 mg, Montelukast sodium 10 mg.
Therapeutic Uses of Lecope
Lecope Tablet or Syrup, is used to relieve symptoms of seasonal allergies, hay fever, and allergies to substances such as dust mites, animal dander, and mold. The symptoms include running nose, sneezing, redness, itching, and tearing of the eyes. It is also used to treat symptoms of hives, itching, and rash. It is in a class of medications called antihistamines. It works by blocking the action of histamine, a substance in the body that causes allergic symptoms.
Lecope –AD is used in the treatment of Cough, and Cold.
Lecope –M tab is used to prevent wheezing, difficulty breathing, chest tightness, and coughing caused by asthma, and to treat the symptoms of seasonal / perennial allergic rhinitis (condition associated with sneezing, and stuffy, runny or itchy nose).
The Dosage of Lecope
- This medicine is taken in a dose of 1-2 tabs per day or 2.5-5 mg/day in the evening, once a day.
- Take as prescribed by a doctor.
- Contraindicated in kidney disease / renal impairment, Pregnancy, and lactation. Take only in the recommended dosage. Do not drink alcohol.
- This medicine should be taken carefully in Epileptic patients, and patients at risk of convulsions. Intake impairs ability to drive or operate machinery. It causes sleepiness.
- Fatigue, drowsiness
- Diarrhea, vomiting, constipation
- Dysuria, urinary retention
- Headache, dry mouth
- Inflammation of nasopharynx
- Fever, urinary retention
- Cough, nosebleed / epistaxis
- Pharyngitis, nasopharyngitis