Table of Contents
Kamini Vidrawan Ras is herbo-mineral Ayurvedic medicine used for treating male sexual. It has aphrodisiac properties. This medicine is referenced from Bhaisjya Ratnavali for Viryastambhan. Kamini Vidrawan Ras helps to improve sexual performance by improving stamina, vigor, hardness of organ and delaying time of ejaculation.
Though this medicine is used traditionally for performance related problems of men, BUT I SUGGEST NOT TO TAKE THIS MEDICINE. You may be benefited for shorter duration but in long run this can be disastrous for overall health. After a temporary stimulation, it diminishes sexual desire and its long term use leads to drug-dependence and impotency. This page is intended to give you the correct information about Kamini Vidrawan Ras.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Reference Text: Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Virya Stambhan Prakarana
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Classical Medicine
- Main Indication: PE, ED, NE
- Suitable for: Males only
- Aphrodisiac: Stimulates sexual desire.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Calmative: Having relaxing or pacifying properties
- Hypnotic: Sleep-inducing
- Nervine: Tonifying effect on the nervous system.
- Sedative: Promoting calm or inducing sleep
- Tranquilizer: Reduce tension or anxiety.
Ingredients of Kamini Vidrawan Ras
- Shuddha Hingula 3 gram
- Shuddha Gandhak 3 gram
- Akarkara Pellitory Anacyclus pyrethrum 12 gram
- Sonth Dry ginger Zingiber officinale 12 gram
- Laung Clove Syzygium aromaticum 12 gram
- Kesar Crocus sativus 12 gram
- Pippali Piper longum 12 gram
- Jaiphal Nutmeg Myristica fragrans 12 gram
- Javitri Mace Myristica fragrans 12 gram
- Safed Chandan Santalum album 12 gram
- Shuddha Ahiphena (Opium Purification: Opium rubbed with fresh ginger juice seven times gets purified) Papaver Somniferum 48 grams
Word of Caution
Kamini Vidrawan Ras is not an ordinary medicine which can be taken like any other Ayurvedic medicine.
Kamini Vidrawan Ras contains Afeem or Opium which is the thickened latex collected from the outside of immature Poppy capsules that have had incisions made in the fruit capsules. After drying, the processed latex is scraped off and formed into pieces of varying size. This is raw opium (Rohopium). Raw opium is the basic substance used for the making of of heroin. In India, for the sale of opium and opium-based products, licenses are required.
Opium (Papaver somniferum) is nerve sedative and the strongest form of nerve relaxant due to the presence of alkaloids morphine (3-23%), narcotine (2-10%), codeine (0.2-3.5%), papaverine (0.5-3%) and thebaine (0.2-1%). Alkaloid morphine, has got strong analgesic action and even in small doses, causes euphoria, sedation then narcotic sleep. It depresses breathing and slows down the evacuation of the stomach, causing constipation and urine retention.
Opium is used in Ayurvedic medicine for its sedative, tranquilizing, hypnotic, calming, and analgesic properties.
Side Effects of opium include either overstimulation or ceased peristalsis, dizziness, general weakness, headache, hyperthermia, itchy skin, rashes and trembling of the hands, chronic twitching, retention of urine, depression on the central nervous system etc.
Overdose of Afeem leads to reduction of mental capacity, reactive euphoria, bradycardia, pulmonary and brain oedemas.
In Ayurveda, decoction of Berberis aristata or Daruhaldi is given during opium or morphine withdrawal. Leaves juice of Celastrus paniculatus Jyotishmati, is given in opium poisoning and as a de-addiction medicine.
Hingula or Shingraf is preparation of Cinnabar (very heavy mineral ore of mercury, Red Sulphide of Mercury). In Ayurveda, Shuddha Hingula or Purified Cinnabar is prepared by grinding cinnabar with goat’s milk for over six hours, followed by grinding the mixture with lime juice for one hour. This process is repeated seven times till a fine powder is obtained. It is considered tonic, alterative, purgative, antiphlogistic and antiseptic. Hingula is bitter, astringent and pungent. It cures eye diseases, aggravated kapha as well as pitta, hrillasa (nausea), kustha (obstinate skin diseases including leprosy), jvara (fever), kamala (jaundice) plihan (splenic disorders), amavata (rheumatism) and gara (poisoning).
Kesar is good for intellect. It cures colic pain, vata roga, vomiting, kapha roga and anorexia. It is a digestive stimulant, light and constipative. It cures gulma (phantom tumor) and piles.
Sonth or Dry ginger is pungent, hot, appetizer, aphrodisiac and cardiac tonic. It alleviates Kapha and Vata. It promotes good voice. It cures vibandha (constipation), anaha (obstruction to the movement of wind in the stomach) and shula (colic pain).
Benefits of Kamini Vidrawan Ras
- It is restorative and aphrodisiac.
- It boosts the energy level in men.
- It controls the excitement level.
- It gives relief in Premature Ejaculation.
- It supports better erection by increasing the flow of blood in the organ.
- It cures lack of libido.
- It thickens semen.
- This medicine is especially given for improving the condition of premature ejaculation.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Kamini Vidrawan Ras
- Kamini Vidrawan Ras is indicated in ejaculation disorders of men.
- Useful in male sexual problems
- Impotency, Erectile dysfunction
- Semen loss
- Premature Ejaculation
- Sexual Disorders in men
- Nocturnal Emission
It improves energy level, libido and excitement temporarily. It gives relief in symptoms only on intake. But if you take it daily you get dependent on this medicine and suffer from opium addiction symptoms. There are many people who take this medicine without knowing its ill effects and get addicted to it. It is highly recommended for such people to get necessary help from professionals to get de-addicted.
The Dosage of Kamini Vidrawan Ras
This is a prescription drug of Ayurveda.
Take this medicine in medical supervision only as it contains opium, detoxified and processed Cinnabar, Sulphur and Opium.
Ayurvedic medicines containing detoxified, toxic material/ poisonous substances, heavy metals should be taken only under medical supervision.
Please note, the exact dose of Ayurvedic medicine depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
Do check for the side effects of this medicine.
The recommended dose of this medicine is 250 mg or 1 tablet half an hour act with milk or as directed by physician.
Pharmacies Making Kamini Vidrawan Ras
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores. Since it is a classical medicine, it is manufactured by many Ayurvedic pharmacies.
Name of some of the Ayurvedic Pharmacies manufacturing this medicine is given below:
- Ayurvedant Vidravan Ras Keshar Yukt
- Baidyanath (Kamini Vidrawan Ras, Keshar yukta) 10 grams Price: Rs. 699/-
- Dabur Kamini Vidrawan Ras K.J.A Yukta 25 tablets, Rs. Rs. 300 /-
- Dehlvi Kamini Vidrawan Ras
- Hamdard Kamini Vidrawan Ras
- Multani Kamini Vidrawan Ras, with Kesar
- Rex Kamini Vidrawan Ras (With Kesar)
- and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.
Side effects, Caution and Warnings
- It is not suitable for the long term use.
- You may take it maximum for one month.
- Its overdose is dangerous.
- This classical formulation contains Hingula and Opium or Afeem.
- Opium is contraindicated in pregnancy as the alkaloids pass through the placenta to the baby, breastfeeding, depressed respiration, ulcers, the liver diseases, and in CNS depression.
- This medicine has many SIDE-EFFECTS.
- Do not take it regularly.
- Opium causes dependence or addiction.
- Therefore you become addicted to this medicine after regular intake for more than one month. The person suffers from pain, loose motions, and other withdrawal symptoms. In such case decrease the dosage gradually to be in the normal state again. After that stop taking this medicine.
- Do not take more than recommended doses.
- This medicine is for men only.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.