Table of Contents
Kam chudamani Rasa is hebomineral Ayurvedic medicine which is used for treating reproductive system related problems of males. It gives good results in PE and low libido.
This Ayurvedic formulation contains various spices and Bhasma. The Bhasma are strengthening and spices help to improve digestive and assimilating power. Kamchudamni Ras is prepared Bhasma of Gold, Silver etc., and hence it is an expensive medicine. It is highly recommended to use this medicine under medical supervision for prescribed duration.
This page is intended to give you correct information about this medicine. Do not use this information to self-diagnose and self-medicate.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Reference Text: Siddha Bheshaja Manimala
- Synonyms: Kamachuramani Rasa, Kamchooramani Ras
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Classical Medicine
- Main Indication: PE, Low libido
- Suitable for: Preferably for Males, can also be used by women for uterus problems
Ingredients of Kamchudamani Ras
- Mukta Pishti 1 Part
- Swarnmakshik Bhasma 1 Part
- Swarn Bhasma 1 Part
- Vang Bhasma 1 Part
- Rajat Bhasma 1 Part
- Bhimseni Kapoor (Cinnamomum camphora (Sub. Ext.) 1 Part
- Javitri (Myristica fragrance (Ar.) 1 Part
- Jaiphal (Myristica fragrance (Sd.) 1 Part
- Lavang (Syzygium aromaticum (Fl.Bd.) 1 Part
- Dalchini (bark Cinamonum zeylanicum) 1 Part
- Ela (seeds of Elletaria cardamomum) 1 Part
- Tejpatta (leaves of Cinnamomum tamal) 1 Part
- Nagkesar (flowers of Mesua ferrea) 1 Part
Shatavar Rasa (Asparagus racemosus (Juice.) and Mukta Pishti Q.S.
Mukta Pishti is Ayurvedic preparation of Moti or Pearls. For preparation of Moti pishti, heat is not used. The pearls are triturated in Gulaab Jal or rose water daily and dried. The process is repeated for 21 days. Then it is powdered to get Moti Pishti. Pishti stabilize the inherent properties of drug with immense reduction in its particle size allowing penetration of that drug at cell level.
Swarnmakshik / Swarna Makshik Bhasma, Ayurvedic preparation of Swarna Makshika or yellow Pyrites. Swarna Makshik is not related to Gold BUT it is copper containing Iron pyrites with chemical formula CuFeS2 Chalcopyrite. The Swarna Makshika Bhasma contains Fe2O3, FeS2, CuS, and SiO2.
Chemically Swarna Makshika Bhasma, is incinerated Chalcopyrite or Chalcopyrite Calyx. It is Madhura, Tikta and Kashaya in Rasa/Taste, Sheet Virya/Potency, Madura Vipaak/ Post digestive effect and Laghu Guna / quality. It pacifies excessive Pitta and Kapha.
Swarna Makshika Bhasma has been used for pandu (anemia), anidra (insomnia), apasmara (convulsions), Mandagni (poor digestion), kushta (skin diseases) and as a potent Rasayana.
Swarna Bhasma is incinerated gold. It is considered elixir. It is a Rasayana. It gives complexion, strength, and cures diseases caused by vitiation of Vata-Pitta -Kapha. It is used in management of Visha or poisoning. Swarn bhasma is used in treatment of T.B., fever, cough, worms, low appetite, diseases of eyes, weakness of heart and poisoning.
Vang Bhasma is incinerated tin. It is aphrodisiac, rejuvenator, appetizer, and gives strength. It cures diseases caused by vitiation of Kapha and pitta. It cures cough, worms, asthma, and oligospermia.
Rajat bhasma / Rajata Bhasma / Raupya Bhasma, is a calcined Bhasma of silver.
It is given to strengthen the immune system and the body, and combating cardiovascular diseases. It is aphrodisiac, anti-aging, scraping, and rasayana. It gives strength and intellect.
Rajat Bhasma is excellent medicine for Prameha, vitiligo, tuberculosis, cough, piles, and emaciation.
Nutmeg or Jaiphal/Jaifal is traditionally used in treatment of diarrhea. It has anti-enterotoxic activity which means it is effective against organisms producing a toxin specific for cells of the intestinal mucosa. It is carminative and gives relief in pain, abdominal swelling, indigestion and diarrhea.
Mace or Javitri is used in Ayurveda for treating chronic intestinal disorders, fever, cholera and intestinal worms. It is aromatic, anthelmintic, appetizer, anti-emetic and carminative.
Chaturjata / Chaturjaat Churna is formed by mixing of Dalchini (bark Cinamonum zeylanicum), Ela (seeds of Elletaria cardamomum), Tejpatta (leaves of Cinnamomum tamal) and Nagkesar (flowers of Mesua ferrea). Traditionally Chaturjat is prescribed for improving appetite, promoting digestion, curing hepatic and renal disorders. It is ruksha, teekshna, laghu and ushna veerya.
AYURVEDIC ACTION / KARMA
- Balya: Increases strength
- Dahashamak: Gives relief in burning sensation
- Pramehnashak: Treats Prameha
- Rasayana: Tonic medicine, cures body and mental diseases, delay old age, increase mental power, generating power, vital energy, eyesight, impart intelligence, memory, aid proper digestion and clear complexion
- Vajikarak: Aphrodisiac are medicines which increase the sexual power
- Vrishya: Increases the quantity of semen
Benefits of Kamchudamani Ras
- It helps in premature ejaculation and loss of libido.
- It gives strength to organs.
- It energies the body.
- It balances Vata.
Important Therapeutic of Kamchudamani Ras
- Seminal problems, Oligospermia, Spermatorrhoea
- Impotence, Weakness
- Prameha / Urinary problems
- Erectile dysfunction
- libido loss
Dosage of Kamchudamani Ras
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 1 to 2 tablets or 125mg to 250 mg.
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening.
- It is to be taken with water.
- Or take as directed by doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- This medicine contains many mineral ingredients; therefore, it is not suitable for longer term use. It may be taken for 3 months depending on condition.
- Always take in recommended doses.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
- Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Do not take any medicine during pregnancy without consulting doctor.
- Manufacture of Ras Aushadhi require expertise. Always buy such medicines from well-established and old pharmacies.
PHARMACIES MAKING KAMCHUDAMANI RAS
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores. Since it is a classical medicine, it is manufactured by many Ayurvedic pharmacies.
Name of some of the Ayurvedic Pharmacies manufacturing this medicine are given below:
- Vyas Kamchudamani Ras RTS
- Unjha Kamchudamani Ras With Gold and Pearl
- Jamna Kamchudamani Ras
- Shree Dhanwantri Herbals Kamchuramani Rasa 10 tablets @ INR 270.00
- and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.