Table of Contents
Divya Yauvanamrit Vati is Ayurvedic proprietary medicine from Yog Guru Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali Divya Pharmaceuticals. This medicine strengthens heart and brain, promotes sexual desire, and makes the body active. It is an aphrodisiac that gives strength, youth and vigour to body.
Divya Younamrit Vati helps in male sexual problems such as premature ejaculation, general debility, and decreased strength. Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Patanjali Divya Pharmacy
- Synonyms: Divya Yauvanamrit Vati, Patanjali Younamrit Vati
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Ayurvedic Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: Male Problems
- Current Market MRP/Price: DIVYA YOUVNAMRIT VATI 5 gram @ Rs 250.
Divya Younamrit Vati Composition
- Ashwagandha Withania somnifera 12 mg
- Shuddha Kaunch Mucuna Pruriens 12 mg
- Bala Sida Cordifolia 12 mg
- Shatavari Asparagus racemosa 8.25 mg
- Musli Chlorophytum arundinaceum 12 mg
- Jaiphal (Nutmeg) Myristica fragrans 12 mg
- Javitri (Mace) Myristica fragrans 17.5 mg
- Shuddha Kuchla Strychnos Nux-Vomica 2 mg
- Akarkara Anacyclus Pyrethrum 12 mg
- Judbestar 12 mg
- Babul Acacia Arabica 1.75 mg
- Swarna Bhasma 0.25 mg
- Praval Pishti 0.25 mg
- Vang Bhasma 5.5 mg
- Shuddha Shilajit 5.5 mg
- Processed with Paan Swaras
- Excipient Gum acacia, Aerosil, Talcum QS
Ashwagandha or Withania somnifera Dunal. dried root powder has adaptogen, tonic, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulator, anti-tumour, nervine, mild sedative, analgesic, reproductive tonic, aphrodisiac and anti-anaemic properties. It is a Rasayana that gives longevity and vitality. It is prescribed for promoting health, longevity, arresting aging process, revitalizing the body in debilitated conditions, increasing immunity, treating musculoskeletal conditions and as general tonic to increase energy.
Kevanch or Kaunch refers to seeds of Mucuna pruriens. Mucuna is a good source for the production of L-dopa (L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine). L-DOPA is a direct precursor to dopamine, and its supplementation can increase dopamine levels in the body. L-Dopa has been considered one of the most effective treatments of Parkinson’s disease available.
Mucuna seed powder is especially used to improve sexual function and the quality of semen in infertile men. It improves male fertility by its action on the hypothalamus, pituitary and gonadal axis. It reduces stress. Mucuna seed powder helps to fight stress-mediated poor semen quality, and acts as a restorative and invigorator tonic or aphrodisiac. Kaunch, is indicated in male disorders to treat oligospermia, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, low libido, and impotency.
Shilajit/mineral pitch is thick black liquid mineral obtained from Himalayan rocks. It is rejuvenating tonic that increases physical and sexual problems. It improves libido, immunity, stamina, sex hormones and muscles and nerves strength.
Vishamushti, Kuchla, Nux Vomica, Poison Nut, Semen Strychnos, or Strychnos nux-vomica, is useful in improving digestion and removal of toxic substances. It also strengthens the nervous system and muscular coordination, thereby helps in strengthening of muscles, joints and bones.
In excessive doses, Strychnos is a virulent poison, producing stiffness of muscles and convulsions, ultimately leading to death. Strychnos nux-vomica Linn. has stimulating effects on respiratory and vasomotor centers. It has direct depressant effect on the heart and inhibits the release of acetylcholine. It acts on cerebral cortex and peripheral nerves, and show marked hyperactivity.
Jaiphal and Javitri
Nutmeg or Jaiphal/Jaifal is traditionally used in treatment of diarrhea. It has anti-enterotoxic activity which means it is effective against organisms producing a toxin specific for cells of the intestinal mucosa. It is carminative and gives relief in pain, abdominal swelling, indigestion and diarrhea.
Mace or Javitri is used in Ayurveda for treating chronic intestinal disorders, fever, cholera and intestinal worms. It is aromatic, anthelmintic, appetizer, anti-emetic and carminative.
Pellitory is commonly reffered as Akarkara, Akarkara, Aakarkarabh, Aakallak, Akarkare. The roots of Anacyclus pyrethrum has a slight aromatic smell, and a persistent, pungent taste, exciting a tingling sensation, and a remarkable flow of saliva. When a piece of root is chewed for few seconds, there is a feeling of heat in the mouth soon followed by pricking sensation in the tongue and lips. It has powerful stimulant properties.
Akarkara should not use in high dose or for longer periods of time. It is hot in nature, so should be used with caution in summer and by hot temperament individuals and menstruating women. When taken in excess, it irritates mucous membrane of intestine causing bloody stools, tetanus-like spasms and profound stupor. It should not be used if tissues are inflamed. Do not use in bleeding diorders, acidity, ulcers, and other Pitta Roga.
Vang Bhasma is incinerated tin. It is aphrodisiac, rejuvenator, appetizer, and gives strength. It cures diseases caused by vitiation of Kapha and pitta. It cures cough, worms, asthma, and oligospermia.
Divya Yauvanamrit Vati AYURVEDIC ACTION / KARMA
- Balya: Increases strength
- Rasayana: Tonic medicine, cures body and mental diseases, delay old age, increase mental power, generating power, vital energy, eyesight, impart intelligence, memory, aid proper digestion and clear complexion
- Vajikarak: Aphrodisiac are medicines which increase the sexual power
- Vrishya: Increases the quantity of semen
Biomedical Action of Divya Yauvanamrit Vati
- Antioxidant: Inhibits oxidation.
- Anxiolytic: Reduce anxiety.
- Aphrodisiac: Stimulates sexual desire.
- Nervine: Tonic for nerves, calm the nerves.
Divya Younamrit Vati Health Benefits
- It is very nutritive and improves strength.
- It is a medicine for treating sexual weakness.
- It controls premature ejaculation, spermatorrhoea and nocturnal emissions.
- It helps to get better erection and performance.
- It Increases the density of semen.
- It improves sperm count.
- It treats low libido.
- It Increases sex vigour.
- It helps to gain weight.
- It is a tonic.
Divya Younamrit Vati Therapeutic Uses
- Decreased libido and sexual insufficiency
- Drug-induced libido loss
- Erectile dysfunction
- Low libido
- mild to moderate erectile dysfunction
- Performance anxiety
- Psychogenic sexual dysfunction
- Sexual weakness
Divya Younamrit Vati Dosage
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 1-2 tablets.
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening.
- It is to be taken with milk.
- It should be taken before breakfast and an hour before dinner.
- Or take as directed by doctor.
- Make some dietary and lifestyle changes while on treatment.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not drink alcohol.
- Do exercise regularly.
- Reduce stress.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- If constipated, treat the same.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- Contraindication for medicine include high blood pressure, ulcers, ulcerative colitis, inflammatory bowel diseases, crohn’s disease, acidity, bleeding disorders, excessive heat inside body, excess pitta etc.
- Take under medical supervision.
- Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- This medicine contains Kuchla, Javitri, Akarkara and hence not suitable for long term use.
- When taken in excess, it may cause acidity, excessive saliva, burning sensation etc.
- It must not be taken during pregnancy.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
- Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
- Do not use many different medicines for the treatments of same disease.
- It may or may not work for your condition.
Store in a cool and dry place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.