Nityanand Ras is herbomineral Ayurvedic medicine. This is a useful medicine for treating Shleepad or Elephantiasis. Elephantiasis is also known as lymphatic filariasis.
Table of Contents
Elephantiasis is also known as lymphatic filariasis. This disease is caused is caused by 3 different types of parasitic worms, including Wuchereria bancrofti, Brugia malayi, and Brugia. timori. These round worms block lymphatic system resulting in accumulation of fluid in tissues leading to swelling and enlargement of limbs or other body parts. The affected body part becomes red, inflamed and hot. In Elephantiasis, limbs can swell enormously resembling elephant’s foreleg. It also causes nausea, headache and fever.
Garlic is considered best herb for elephantiasis use 3-4 cloves of garlic daily for one month in this condition.
Here is given more about Nityanand Ras such as indication/therapeutic uses, Key Ingredients and dosage.
Key Ingredients of Nityananda Ras
- Hingula sambhava suta (Hingulottha Parada) 1 Part
- Gandhaka (Shuddha) 1 Part
- Tamra bhasma 1 Part
- Kansya Bhasma 1 Part
- Vanga Bhasma 1 Part
- Haritala Shuddha 1 Part
- Tuttha Shuddha 1 Part
- Shankha bhasma 1 Part
- Vidarika (Vidari) (RootTr.) 1 Part
- Shunthi (Rhizome) 1 Part
- Maricha (Fruit) 1 Part
- Pippali (Fruit) 1 Part
- Haritaki (Pericarp) 1 Part
- Bibhitaka (Pericarp) 1 Part
- Amalaki (Pericarp) 1 Part
- Lauha Bhasma 1 Part
- Vidanga (Fruit) 1 Part
- Vida Lavana 1 Part
- Samudra Lavana 1 Part
- Saindhava Lavana 1 Part
- Sauvarchala Lavana 1 Part
- Romaka Lavana 1 Part
- Chavika (chavya) (St.) 1 Part
- Pippali mula (Root) 1 Part
- Havusha (Hapusha) (Fruit) 1 Part
- Vacha (Rhizome) 1 Part
- Patha (Root) 1 Part
- Devadaru (Ht.Wd.) 1 Part
- Ela (Sukshmaila) (Seed) 1 Part
- Vriddhadaruka (Root) 1 Part
- Trivrita (Trivrit) (Root) 1 Part
- Citraka (Root) 1 Part
- Danti (Root) 1 Part
- Shati (Root) 1 Part
- Haritaki rasa (Kvatha) (Pericarp) Q. S. for mardana
Benefits of Nityanand Ras
- It is excellent Ayurvedic medicine to treat Elephantiasis and fibroids.
- It reduces thickening of skin lesions.
- It pacifies Vata and Kapha Dosha.
- It has antibacterial properties.
- It reduces swelling.
- It is a tonic.
- It promotes appetite and digestion.
Uses of Nityanand Ras
Elephantiasis or Filiarisis associated with mild fever, severe pain and itching over afflicted part. Reducing the swelling and thickening of skin lesions
Also useful in
- Gout, Vata roga
The Dosage of Nityanand Ras
- 12 tablet(s) twice a day with water or Gomutra for one month or as directed by physician.
- Ayurvedic medicines containing detoxified, toxic material / poisonous substances, heavy metals should be taken only under medical supervision.
- It should be taken in the recommended dosage only.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Nityanand Ras), Sri Bhaskar Ayurvedic Pharmacy (Nityananda Rasa), Dabur (Nityanand Ras), Shri Bajranga Ayurved Bhawan and some other pharmacies.