Table of Contents
Majoon Arad Khurma has aphrodisiac activity and helps in controlling spermatorrhoea and nocturnal emissions. Regular intake of this medicine Increases the density of semen and sperm count. It is also useful in premature ejaculation and to improve sex vigour.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Type of medicine: Classical Unani Medicine
- Manufacturer: Hamdard Laboratories (India) established by Late Hakeem Abdul Hameed Sahib.
- Purpose: Tonic
- Hamdard Majun Arad Khurma 250gm MRP / Price: Rs 95.00 /-
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Suitable for: Males
- Mughalliz Mani (Semen Procreator)
- Muqavvi Bah (Aphrodisiac)
Unani System of medicine evolved Greece and was first introduced to India by the Arabs. It is also called as Greco-Arab medicine, Unani tibb, Arabian medicine, or Islamic medicine. Hippocrates is known as the father of this system of medicine. The theoretical framework of Unani medicine is based on his teachings.
It is traditional medicinal system and commonly practiced in South Asia. The origins of Unani medicine are found in the doctrines of the ancient Greek physicians Hippocrates and Galen. It was later developed and refined through systematic experiment by the Arabs. Unani medicine are prepared from medicinal plants, minerals, animals products etc. In Unani medicine, single drugs or their combinations in raw forms are preferred over compound formulations. The naturally occurring drugs used in this system are usually free from any side effects.
Ingredients of Majun Arad Khurma
- Khurma – Phoenix dactylifera fruit – ½ Kg
- Samagh Arabi – Acacia arabica gum – ½ Kg
- Singhara Khushk – Trapa bispinosa dried fruit – ½ Kg
- Maghz Badam Sheereen – Prunus amygdalus fruit kernel – 50gm
- Maghz Chilgoza – Pinus gerardiana seed kernel – 50gm
- Maghz Funduq – Corylus avellana seed kernel – 50gm
- Maghz Pamba Dana – Gossypium herbaceum seed kernel – 10gm
- Qaranfal – Syzygium aromaticum bud – 6gm
- Javitry – Myristica fragrance fruit coat – 3gm
- Jaifal – Myristica fragrance fruit – 3gm
- Asl – Honey – 250gm
- Turanjabeen – Tamarix indica gum – 250gm
Khurma or Date is very nutritious and contains protein (1.2 per cent), fat (0.4 per cent), carbohydrate (33.8 per cent), fibre (3.7 per cent), and the minerals calcium (1.7 per cent) and phosphorus (1.7 per cent).
It has demulcent, expectorant, nutrient, emetic, laxative and aphrodisiac. In Unani, Khurma has Muqavvi Aasab (Nervine tonic), Muqavvi Baah (Aphrodisiac), Muallid dam (Blood procreator) properties. Khurma is good for heart and increases vital fluids and strength of body. It has anabolic and hormonal effect on the body and helps to gain weight.
- Samagh Arabi is Mucilaginous (Dawae Luabi) drug. It has Mumallis (Lubricant) action and sooths irrtated surface.
- Singhara (Trapa bispinosa fruit) has Mughalliz Mani (Semen viscosity) action.
- Almonds, Chilghoza, Hazel, and Dates are sweet, nutrtive tonic and have anabolic effects on body.
- Lavang, Javitri, Jaiphal improves appetite, digestion and assimilation.
- Turanjabeen (Tamarix indica gum) has Mullein Ama (laxative), Musammin Baden (Fattening), Mushil Safra (Bile purgative) action.
Benefits of Majun Arad Khurma
- It is very nutritive and improves strength.
- It is a medicine for treating sexual weakness.
- It controls premature ejaculation, spermatorrhoea and nocturnal emissions.
- It helps to get better erection and performance.
- It Increases the density of semen.
- It improves sperm count.
- It treats low libido.
- It Increases sex vigour.
- It helps to gain weight.
- It is a tonic.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Majun Arad Khurma
- Majun Arad Khurma is indicated in Riqqat-e-mani (watery semen), Surat e Anzal (Premature ejaculation), Kasrat Ehtelam (Excessive nocturnal Emission).
- Low sperm density and sperm count (Oligospermia)
- Hydrospermia (low ejaculate or semen volume, less than 1.5 ml)
- Nocturnal Emission (involuntary ejaculation of semen during sleep)
- Premature ejaculation (uncontrolled ejaculation either before or shortly after sexual penetration, with minimal sexual stimulation)
- Spermatorrhoea (involuntary discharge of semen, without orgasm)
- Weakness, fatigue, low energy level
Dosage of Majun Arad Khurma
- Majun Arad Khurma should be taken orally in dose of 5-10 grams, with milk or water at night.
- It is also available in form of capsules and taken in dose of 1-2 capsules with glass of milk or water.
- Kushta Qalai (2 tablets) can be taken along with Majun Arad Khurma and one glass of milk for spermatorrhoea, nocturnal emission and premature ejaculation.
- Make some dietary and lifestyle changes while on treatment.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not drink alcohol.
- Do exercise regularly.
- Reduce stress.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- If constipated, treat the same.
Store in a cool and dry place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.