Table of Contents
Habb-e-papita is a Unani medicine containing Papita Angrezi, Zanjabeel, Filfil Siyah, Namak Siyah and Nausadar. In Unani, Habbe, means a pill prepared from powder of ingredients, some solution and binder. As the chief ingredient of this medicine is Papita, hence it is named as Habb-e-Papita. Habb-e-Papita, is indicated in digestive weakness, indigestion, excessive bloating and constipation. Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Type of medicine: Classical Unani Medicine
- Manufacturer: Hamdard Laboratories (India) established by Late Hakeem Abdul Hameed Sahib.
- Purpose: Digestive disorders
- Hamdard Habbe Papita MRP / Price: 60 Pills @ INR 40 /-
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Suitable for: Unisex
Unani System of medicine evolved Greece and was first introduced to India by the Arabs. It is also called as Greco-Arab medicine, Unani tibb, Arabian medicine, or Islamic medicine. Hippocrates is known as the father of this system of medicine. The theoretical framework of Unani medicine is based on his teachings.
It is traditional medicinal system and commonly practiced in South Asia. The origins of Unani medicine are found in the doctrines of the ancient Greek physicians Hippocrates and Galen. It was later developed and refined through systematic experiment by the Arabs. Unani medicine are prepared from medicinal plants, minerals, animals products etc. In Unani medicine, single drugs or their combinations in raw forms are preferred over compound formulations. The naturally occurring drugs used in this system are usually free from any side effects.
Ingredients of Habbe Papita
- Papita Desi Khushk Carica papaya Linn. Fruit 50 g
- Zanjabeel Zingiber officinale Rosc., Rhizome 10 g
- Naushadar Sal Ammoniac Crystal 10 g
- Namak-e-Sang Rock Salt, Crystal 10 g
- Filfil Siyah Piper nigrum Linn., Fruit 10 g
Method of preparation:
- Powder all the ingredients separately and pass through the sieve of mesh number 80.
- Mix the powders as per Formulation composition and make a semi-solid mass by kneading using minimum quantity of purified water.
- Roll the mass between the fingers to make pill manually to get the pills of 250 mg.
About the ingredients
Papaya fruits is well known for its laxative action. It contains enzyme papain which us similar to pepsin (human digestive enzyme). It stimualtes proper digestion of fat, protein and starch and heals constipation.
Zanjabeel or ginger is carminative, antiemetic and thermogenic. It promotes secretion of saliva and gastric juices. It improves appetite, digestion and assimilation and is found to be effective for all kinds of stomach troubles including bloating, colic, nausea, indigestion, stomach ache, irritable bowel syndrome etc.
Rock salt, is hot in potency but believed to be more cooling than natural sea salt. It is good remedy for digestive disorders. It stimulates salivation and digestion.
Benefits of Habbe Papita
- It has carminative, laxative and digestive properties.
- It improves appetite and digestion.
- It gives relief in constipation.
- It prevents gas or bloating.
- It is a Gastric tonic.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Habbe Papita
Habbe Papita is indicated in digestive weakness. It promotes secretion of digestive enzymes and thus helps in better digestion. Also as Papaya has laxative action, it gives relief in constipation.
- Qabz (Constipation)
- Waj-ul-Meda (Stomach ache)
- Nafkh-e-Shikam (Flatulence)
- Habbe Papita is also given as a prophylactic medicine in case of Cholera epidemic.
Dosage of Habbe Papita
Take 1-2 pills after every meals with water.
Store in a cool place in tightly closed container, protected from light and dark place.