Table of Contents
Swarn Madhu is proprietary medicine from Dhanwantri Pharmaceutical. It is a health tonic used to improve energy, vigour and agility in the body and heart. It gives strength to body and improves physical and mental powers.
This medicine contains vigour-vitality-energy-libido boosting herbs of Ayurveda. It has aphrodisiac properties and helps to achieve better sexual performance. It is beneficial for males and helps in loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, impotence and to get and maintain better erection.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Dhanwantri Pharmaceutical
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: Debility
Swarn Madhu Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
Each 10 ml contains extract of:
- Withania Somnifera (Ashwagandha) 531.50 mg.
- Asparagus Ralemosus (Shatawar) 265.75 mg.
- Pureraria Tuberosa (Bidarikand) 531.50 mg.
- Mucuna Prurita (Kunch Seed) 265.75 mg.
- Asparagus Adscendens (White Musali) 265.15 mg.
- Phoenix sylvestris (Chhuhara) 531.50 mg.
- Pterospermum Acerifolium (Muchukand Fool) 265.75 mg.
- Alhagi Camelonum (TurangBeen) 265.15 mg.
- Zlngiber Officinale (Sounth) 265.15 mg
- Clastrus Panniculatus (Malkangni) 265.75 mg
- Centellaasiatica (Brahmi) 265.75 mg.
- Convolulus Pluricaulis (Shankh Pushpi) 265.75 mg.
- Piper Longum (Piplamool) 265.75 mg.
- Terminalia Arjuna (Arjun) 265.75 mg.
- Watermelon Seed (Meeng Tarbuz) 265.75 mg.
- Methyl Paraben .15%
- Propyl Paraben .05%
- Flavoured Sugar Syrup Based Q.S.
Know the ingredients of Swarn Madhu
Ashwagandha / Indian ginseng / Indian winter cherry, refers to the roots of a medicinal plant Withania somnifera. It has antidepressant effect on central nervous system and stimulant effect on brain and reduces anxiety and stress.
It is well known for its aphrodisiac property. As it is sedative and tonic, it helps in nervous weakness, fainting, giddiness and insomnia. It
helps to gain weight and improves body immunity to keep away infections. It is used in debilitating diseases. Ashwagandha is main herb for male sexual disorders.
Ashwagandha induces testicular development and spermatogenesis in males. Treatment with Withania somnifera increases testicular daily sperm production and serum testosterone level. It also helps to improve libido and erection.
Asparagus racemosus (Wild Asparagus) is known as Shatavar or Shatavari. The fascicled tuberous roots of plant are of medicinal importance.
The roots are dried after harvesting and may be boiled, peeled and cut into pieces. The dried roots are then ground to make a powder (Shatavri Churna) which is used alone or with other ingredients. Shatavar contains saponins, steroidal glycosides and aglycones, flavonoids including quercetin, rutin and hyperoside, alkaloids and mucilage.
Shatavar is a renowned tonic for the female reproductive system. It is a uterine tonic and regulates the periods. Shatavari is very useful in menopausal symptoms with hot flushes, irritability, irregular memory and dryness.
According to Ayurveda, Shatavari is heavy, cold, bitter, nutritive; it relieves vata and pitta and is a Rasayana.
- Taste/Rasa: sweet/madhur, bitter/tikta
- Potency/Veerya: cold/sheeta
- Quality/Guna: heavy/guru, unctous/snigdha
- Post digestive/Vipak: sweet/madhur
- Dosha: Reduces Vata and Pitta and increases Kapha
- Tissue/Dhatu: all tissues
Shatavar is galactagogic, antispasmodic, nervine, antiinflammatory, demulcent, cooling, diuretic, general tonic, expectorant, antibacterial, antitumour and antacid. It is nourishing, soothing, lubricating and is useful in conditions when the diseases are due to excess heat inside body.
Shatavari’s main action is on the female reproductive tract. It has phyto-estrogenic effect and supports lactation. It nourishes Rasa dhatu and improves milk flow and quantity.
Shatavar use is contraindicated in acute lung congestion, high kapha, low digestive fire and high Ama.
While taking Shatavar one should avoid, any activity which generates body heat, eating non-vegetarian or heavy food, hot potency food items, tobacco, sleeping during the day, excessive work, sexual intercourse and exercise.
Vidarikand consists of tuberous roots of Pueraria tuberose. As per Ayurveda, it is a good nutrient, energizer and aphrodisiac. It is sweet, galactagogue, spermatogenic, cooling, greasy, diuretic and calms burning sensations in the body.
Vidarikand has emmenagogue, significant oestrogenic and progesteronogenic activities with no toxicity. It is highly effective in dysmenorrhoea, dysfunctional uterine bleeding and in menopausal syndrome. It improves quality and quantity of breast milk. Vidarikand increases serum prolactin level and thereby increases lactation. For a lack of milk after childbirth, 5 g of powder is given to mothers in cow’s milk.
Kaunch or Kevanch (Mucuna prurita) seeds are obtained from an extensive climbing plant found almost all over the country. It is also known as Kapikacchu, Markati, Kewanch, Kaunch and Cowhage. The main constituent of Kaunch seeds are Fixed Oil, Alkaloid and 3, 4-Dihydroxyphenylalanine. It is cool in potency. It is Madhura, Tikta (Ras), Guru, Snigdha (Guna) and Madhur Vipak. In Ayurveda, Kaunch is used in treatment of variety of diseases including Kapha Vikar, Vata-Vikar, debility and nerves weakness. Mucuna is a good source for the production of L-dopa (L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine). L-DOPA is a direct precursor to dopamine, and its supplementation can increase dopamine levels in the body. L-Dopa has been considered one of the most effective treatments of Parkinson’s disease available.
Mucuna seed powder is especially used to improve sexual function and the quality of semen in infertile men. It improves male fertility by its action on the hypothalamus, pituitary and gonadal axis. It reduces stress. Mucuna seed helps to fight stress-mediated poor semen quality, and acts as a restorative and invigorator tonic or aphrodisiac.
Kaunch is one of the main ingredient of male fertility boosting Ayurvedic medicines because of its aphrodisiac, spermatogenetic, retentive, tonic, laxative, and stress reducing properties.
Dry ginger (Zingiber officinale) is known as Shunthi, Vishva, Vishvabheshaja, Shringavera, Vishva and Nagara in Ayurveda. Ginger is also called Viswa Bheshaj, as it is a universal medicine beneficial for everyone in all diseases.
- Rasa (taste on tongue): Madhura (Sweet), Katu (Pungent)
- Guna (Pharmacological Action): Laghu (Light), Tikshna (Sharp), Ruksha (Dry)
- Virya (Action): Ushna (Heating)
- Vipaka (transformed state after digestion): Madhura (Sweet)
Shunthi is hot, light and dry. It warms the coldness, and is easy to digest and dries wetness. Shunthi treats kapha in the rasa dhatu. It is hot in potency and increases pitta and decreases Kapha. It is a digestive stimulant.
Ayurvedic Action / Karma of Swarn Madhu
- Majja dhatu Rasayana: Rejuvenative to the nervous tissue
- Medhya: Promotes intellectual capacity
- Nidrajanana: Promotes sleep
- Tridosahara: Alleviates all three Dosha
- Unmadaghna: Alleviates insanity and emotional instability
- Vrishya: Aphrodisiac
Biomedical Action of Swarn Madhu
- Antioxidant: Inhibits oxidation.
- Anxiolytic: reduce anxiety.
- Aphrodisiac: Stimulates sexual desire.
- Nervine: tonic for nerves, calm the nerves.
Swarn Madhu Health Benefits
- It cures mental fatigue.
- It cures weakness and dryness of brain.
- It develops physical and mental powers.
- It enhances the function of male reproductive organs
- It gives strength to heart.
- It has nervine, aphrodisiac and antioxidant properties.
- It helps in palpitation of heart.
- It helps in sensation in limbs, sudden black-outs, swoon, insanity, insomnia, chronic headache, backache, shivering of body and sudden passing of semen.
- It helps to get and maintain erection.
- It improves libido.
- It improves sexual health and supports overall vitality.
- It is Non-hormonal and safe. This combination helps to reduce stress, anxiety and increase energy level and testosterone level. The reproductive oragans are nourished due to anaboilc eefect. All these factors contribute to improve sexual performance of male.
- It promotes strength and stamina.
- It reduces stress and anxiety.
Swarn Madhu Therapeutic Uses
- Brain dryness
- Chronic headache
- Decreased libido and sexual insufficiency
- Drug-induced libido loss
- Mental debility
- Mild to moderate erectile dysfunction
- Palpitation of heart
- Physical debility
- Pain in waste
- Psychogenic sexual dysfunction
- Sensation in limbs
- Shivering of body
- Sudden black-outs, swoon
- Sudden passing of semen
Swarn Madhu Dosage
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 2 teaspoons.
- It should be taken twice or thrice a day.
- It is to be taken with milk.
- Or take as directed by doctor.
Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
- Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- Add milk and butter in diet.
- Non-veg items, Meat or eggs can be consumed.
- Include sweet and astringent taste food items.
- Avoid Salty, sour and pungent food items, smoking, tobacco chewing and alcohol.
Contraindications of Swarn Madhu
- There is no known contraindication for this medicine.
- Do not eat Khatai, Chilies, Maida, etc should not be eaten.
Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
Do not use many different medicines for the treatments of same disease.
Swarn Madhu Side-effects
There are no known side-effects for this medicine.
- Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- Do not use any medicine during pregnancy without consulting doctor.
- Store in a cool and dry place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Shake well before use.
- Keep bottle cap closed after every use.
What are the cautions while taking Ashwagandha?
- Ashwagandha should be taken cautiously in excess pitta and Ama with congestion, pregnancy and thyroid problem.
- Some studies contraindicate use of Ashwagandha (spasmolytic activity on the uterus) during pregnancy.
- Do not take this herb with other sedatives or anti-anxiety drugs.
- Large doses can cause diarrhea, stomach upset and Ashwagandha may have blood-glucose-lowering effects, these seem to be mild, and would not generally be expected to affect the control of diabetes with conventional medicines.
- Ashwagandha may affect the reliability of digoxin assays, and interfere with the control of hypo- and hyperthyroidism.
- Limited evidence suggests that Ashwagandha increases thyroid hormone levels and therefore interferes with the control of hypo and hyperthyroidism.
- High dosages of alkaloids from Withania exhibit prolonged hypotensive, bradycardiac and respiratory stimulant actions, may also have depressant effect on higher cerebral centers; sedative effects have also been demonstrated.