Kudos V-1 Tablets is for management of Arthritis, inflammation or any associated problems of arthritis. it has anti-arthritic formulation which can give improvement in pain and stiffness due to arthritis and joint problems.
Table of Contents
Kudos V-1 tablets helps in Vata Vyadhis (neurological, musculoskeletal disorders). It is warming, digestive, and detoxifying in nature. It has anti-inflammatory, Vatahar and pain reliving action. It shows beneficial effect in arthritis, gout, diseases of joints due to excess vata, rheumatoid arthritisetc.
The formulation of product is researched by renowned research institutions C.C.R.A.S (Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences) under Ministry of Ayush, Govt. of India and CSIR-NEIST under Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India. Human Clinical Trial and Animal Trials are also done by CCRAS and CSIR – NEIST. The Clinical Study was conducted at IPD level at CRI, Bhubaneswar in 63 Patients of Amavata (Rheumatoid arthritis) for Six weeks. Improvement in functional capacity and ESR was observed. Another clinical trial of formulation for 6 weeks in 50 patients of Arthritis showed marked improvement in tenderness, muscle weakness, restriction of movements, ESR.
10 days of treatment normalized the restriction of movement. Mice were found to be walking, riding like control mice and erythema of paw, joint swelling was almost disappeared suggesting a relief from arthritic condition. Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Manufacturer: KUDOS LABORATORIES INDIA
- Synonyms: V-1 Tablets
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Ayurvedic Herbal
- Main Indication: Arthritis
- Dosha Effect: Pacifies Vata and Kapha
- MRP/Price: Kudos V1 Tablets – 60tab @ Rs. 300
V1 Tablets Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
Each 700 mg tablet contains:
- Shunthi 335 mg
- Shuddha Guggulu 335 mg
- Excipients QS
Know the Ingredients
Guggul is gum resin (Niryas) of the Commiphora mukul tree. The principle action of Guggulu as mentioned in Ayurveda are Tridosha Shamaka, Vedanasthapana, Lekhana, Shulahara And Shothahara. It is anti-inflammatory, hypolipedemic, antiseptic, antibacterial, astringent, antispasmodic and antifertility.
Guggulu is highly effective in the treatment of Vata-Vikar and inflammatory conditions. The gum resin contains guggul sterons Z and E, guggul sterols I-V, two diterpenoids- a terpene hydrocarbon named cembreneA and a diterpene alcohol- mukulol, a-camphrone and cembrene, long chain aliphatic tetrols- octadecan-1,2,3,4-tetrol, eicosan-1,2,3,4-tetrol and nonadecan-1,2,3,4-tetrol. Major components from essential oil of gum resin are myrcene and dimyrcene.
It is effective in reducing synthesis of cholesterol in liver. It reduces serum triglycerides, LDL (bad) cholesterol and increases HDL. It can reduce 14-27 percent blood cholesterol and triglycerides by 22-30 percent. Guggulu increases metabolism of LDL.
Guggul removes toxins from body. It also works as a carrier for other drugs. It is used in Ayurveda for treatment of arthritis, rheumatism, gout, lumbago, disorders of the nervous, respiratory, digestive and circulatory systems. It has anti-inflammatory with strong purifying and rejuvenating properties.
Classical Ayurvedic texts recommends not to take guggul as a single drug but along with other herbs in combination.
Shunthi (Synonyms: Zingiber officinale, Sukku, Chukku, Aushadha, Muhaushadha, Nagara, Vishva, Vishvabheshaja, Shringavera, Vishva) is dry ginger powder. It is hot in potency and increases pitta and decreases Vata-Kapha. It is an appetizer, digestive stimulant, carminative, expectorant and astringent. In rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis ginger is used as a natural pain reliever and an anti-inflammatory agent.
Ginger contain potent inhibitors against prostaglandin biosynthesizing enzyme (PG synthetase). Prostaglandins are lipid autacoids derived from arachidonic acid and act upon platelets, endothelium, uterine and mast cells. They both sustain homeostatic functions and mediate pathogenic mechanisms, including the inflammatory response.
- Rasa (taste on tongue): Madhura (Sweet), Katu (Pungent)
- Guna (Pharmacological Action): Laghu (Light), Tikshna (Sharp), Ruksha (Dry)
- Virya (Action): Ushna (Heating)
- Vipaka (transformed state after digestion): Madhura (Sweet)
Prostaglandins play a key role in the generation of the inflammatory response. Their biosynthesis is significantly increased in inflamed tissue and they contribute to the development of the cardinal signs of acute inflammation. Prostaglandins can cause increased blood flow, chemotaxis (chemical signals that summon white blood cells), dysfunction of tissues and organs and swelling. As Ginger inhibits prostaglandin synthesis and hence gives relief in inflammation.
Ayurvedic Action / Karma of Kudos V1 Arthritis Tablets
- Amanashaka: Destroys ama
- Deepan: Enkindles the digestive fire.
- Kapha-Vatahar: Remover of the Humor of Kapha-Vata.
- Lekhaniya: Scrapes waste residues from the channels.
- Medhoghna: Clears fat tissue.
- Pachana: Digests Ama but does not increase appetite.
- Raktashodhaka: Blood purifier
- Shothahar: Removes inflammation.
- Vatahara: Pacifies Vata Dosha.
- Vatashodhana: Clears vata from the body
Biomedical Action of Kudos V1 Arthritis Tablets
- Alterative: Alter favorably the course of an ailment.
- Analgesic: Relieve pain.
- Antiarthritic: Relieving arthritis. A remedy for arthritis.
- Anticatarrhal: Remove excess mucous from the body.
- Anticoagulants/antiplatelet: Decrease platelet aggregation and inhibit thrombus formation.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Antioxidant: It has ability to reduce oxidative stress. Hence, it helpful in the management of conditions such as leukoplakia, diabetes mellitus, chronic eye disease and tissue injury.
- Antirheumatic: Alleviating or preventing rheumatism.
- Antispasmodic: Relieve spasm of involuntary muscle.
- Circulation stimulant: Improves blood flow through body tissues.
- Detoxifier: It is a natural blood detoxifier and anti-microbial which helps alleviate skin diseases and enhances the complexion.
- Emmenagogue: Stimulates or increases menstrual flow.
- Muscle relaxant: Affects skeletal muscle function and decreases the muscle tone.
Kudos V-1 Tablets Health Benefits
Guggulu is indicated in diseases that mainly occur due to vitiation of Vata, accumulation of toxins in body and restricted circulation. The oral administration of this medicine improves circulation, detoxifies body, balances Vata Dosha, nourishes nerves, eliminates obstructions and gives relief in pain, stiffness and swelling.
- It reduces ESR.
- It is clinically tested herbal product.
- It helps to reduce following symptoms of arthritis:
- Deformity of joints
- Functional disability
Kudos V-1 Tablets Therapeutic Uses
Kudos V1 is for Arthritis Patients. It gives releif in pain and stiffness in Arthritis Patients. It is a Pharmacologically and Clinically tested Ayurvedic Herbal Drug.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sandhigata Vata (osteoarthropathy)
Kudos V-1 Tablets Dosage
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 3 tablets.
- It should be taken thrice a day, in the morning, afternoon and evening.
- It is to be taken with water.
- Or take as directed by doctor.
Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
- Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- It can be used as supportive therapy along with other medicines.
- Ginger should not be used in in gallstones.
- There is no known contraindication for this medicine.
- This medicine should not be taken during pregnancy.
- Guggul is contraindicated in acute kidney infections, excessive uterine bleeding, thyrotoxicosis, pregnancy and breast-feeding.
- Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
- Guggullipid is reported to reduce the effect of anti-hypertensives such as propranolol and diltiazem
- and so, medication should be adjusted accordingly.
- Take cautiously with hypoglycemic (blood sugar lowering) medication.
- It may reduce the effect of antacids, as it increases gastric secretions.
Side-effects of Kudos V1 Arthritis Tablets
There are no known side-effects for this medicine.
- Take cautiously in high pitta with heartburn, ulcers and sweating.
- Take cautiously in high blood pressure, peptic ulcers, gastro-oesophageal reflux and skin diseases with inflammation.
- It may increase the absorption of allopathic medication.
- Store in a cool and dry place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Shake well before use.
- Keep bottle cap closed after every use.