Giloy Amla Juice from Patanjali Divya Pharmacy contains Amla Juice and Giloy stem extract as active ingredients. This combination boosts immunity. It helps in chronic fever, impaired digestion, increased blood sugar, stress and anxiety, respiratory problems and musculo-skeletal disorders.
Table of Contents
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Patanjali Divya Pharmacy
- Synonyms: Divya Giloy Amla Juice, Amla Giloy Juice
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Herbal Medicine
- Main Indication: Immuno Deficiency, Fever, Rheumatism, Gout, Jaundice, Anemia
- Dosha Effect: Balances Vata, Pitta, and Kapha
- MRP/Price: 1 Bottle of 500 ml @ Rs. 90.00
Giloy Amla Juice Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
Each 10 ml contains
- Giloy stem juice (Tinospora cordifolia) 5.9 ml
- Amla Fruit juice (Emblica Officinalis 4.0 ml.
- Potassium Sorbate (Food Grade)
- Sodium Benzoate (Food Grade)
Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), is a climbing deciduous shrub belonging to the family Menispermaceae, found throughout India.
It is also known as Guduchi, Amrita, Amritavalli, Madhuparni, Guduchika, Chinnobhava, Vatsadani, Tantrika, Kundalini, Chakralakshanika (Sanskrit), Gurcha (Hindi), Garo, Galac (Gujarati), Thippateega (Telugu), Amrita, Gilo (Kashmiri), Chittamrutu (Malayalam), Guluchi (Oriya), Gilo (Punjabi), Seendal, Seendil Kodi (Tamil), Siddhilata, Amarlata (Assamese).
It is one of the most important medicinal plant and the forms an important drug of the Ayurvedic system of Medicine.
It is a Rasayana herb and used to treat many diseases such as general debility, fever, diabetes, dyspepsia, urinary infections, jaundice and skin diseases. It has adaptogen, immunostimulant, antioxidant, anticancer and antidiabetic properties.
The aqueous and alcoholic extract of the plant has been shown to improve glucose tolerance. It has hypoglycemic, anti-oxidant and analgesic activity and reduces the burning sensation.
Guduchi is astringent, bitter, and pungent in taste (Rasa), sweet after digestion (Vipaka), and is hot in effect (Virya). It is an Ushna Virya herb. Ushna Virya or hot potency herb, subdues Vata (Wind) and Kapha (Mucus) and increases Pitta (Bile).
- Rasa (taste on the tongue): Kashaya (Astringent), Katu (Pungent), Tikta (Bitter)
- Guna (Pharmacological Action): Laghu (Light), Snigdha (Unctuous)
- Virya (Action): Ushna (Heating)
- Vipaka (transformed state after digestion): Madhura (Sweet)
Guduchi is a Katu Vipak herb. Vipak refers to post-digestive (effect after digestion/cooking of Rasa) effect of tastes after its mixing with digestive juices. It is the long-term effect of the herb.
Guduchi has very interesting energetics. It is bitter, astringent, pungent, yet heating and also sweet post-digestively. Its bitter and astringent quality clears Pitta and Kapha, its heating energy burns ama, while its enduring sweet effect regulates Vata and gives it an aphrodisiac quality that nourishes reproductive fluids.
Amla (Emblica officinalis) is nutritive tonic of Ayurveda. It is healing and rejuvenating. Its intake gives good eyesight, keeps hair black and helps in better absorption of iron. It is a rich source of Vitamin C.
Amalki is also known as Dhatri in Sanskrit which means ‘supporter/ sustainer’ and ‘nurse’. So, the name Dhatri signifies one that nurse, supports and heals. It is healing and rejuvenating. Its intake gives good eyesight, keeps hair black and helps in better absorption of iron.
Another important use of Dhatri or Amla in Ayurveda, is to treat hyperacidity. Intake of Amla in the form of juice or powder gives relief in acidity due to its Pitta pacifying and cooling properties. It has laxative properties and helps in constipation.
In a clinical study, hyperacidity patients were given 9 to 13.5 g/day (in three divided doses) of Amla for an initial 2 weeks. This was followed by a dose of 6 to 9 g/day (two divided doses) for the rest of the total duration of 3 months. It was observed, the secretion of acid and pepsin significantly decreased. Complete radiological healing was seen in peptic-ulcer patients. There was marked symptomatic relief in most of the patients. It also increases hemoglobin concentration.
Amla (Indian gooseberry/ Phyllanthus emblica or Emblica officinalis) contains all of the tastes, except salty, and thus relates to all of the three humors. It increases digestive fire and gives relief in hyperacidity, indigestion, constipation, colitis, gas and piles.
Ayurvedic Action / Karma
- Amapachana: Removing toxins.
- Amavataghna: Reliever of gout/arthritis.
- Ayushyaprada: Promotes life.
- Balya: Increases strength.
- Daahaprasamanam: Relieve burning sensation
- Dipaniya: Increases appetite.
- Jvarahara: Reduces fevers.
- Medhya: Nerve tonic.
- Raktashodhana: Cleanses the blood.
- Rasayani: Rejuvenate the cells and extend life.
- Sandhaneeya: Promote the union of fractured or divided parts.
- Shukrashodhana: Purifier of sperm.
- Snehopayoga: Promote lubrication.
- Stanyashodhana: Purify milk.
- Triptighna: Destroy satisfaction. They remove the phlegm which causes a sense of satiety.
- Trishnanigrahanam: Relieve thirst.
- Vayasthaapana: Prevent the effects of age.
Biomedical Action of Giloy Amla Juice
- Anti-allergic: Prevents, or relieves an allergy.
- Antibacterial: Active against bacteria.
- Anti-hyperglycemic: Counteracting high levels of glucose in the blood.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Antioxidant: Neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals and other substances.
- Antipyretic/antifebrile/febrifuge: Effective against fever.
- Anti-viral: Effective against viruses.
- Cholagogue: Promotes the discharge of bile from the system, purging it downward.
- Diuretic: Causing increased passing of urine.
- Hepatoprotective: Prevent damage to the liver.
- Immunomodulatory: Modifies the immune response or the functioning of the immune system.
- Nervine: Used to calm the nerves.
- Tonic: Restore or improve health or well-being.
Giloy Amla Juice Health Benefits
- Due to rejuvenating action, it indicated in several diseases causing debility.
- It cleanses pitta toxins and uric acid via the urinary system accumulated in the body.
- It gives relief in acidity, ulcers and ulcerative colitis.
- It gives relief in excessive thirst.
- It gives relief in Gout (vata rakta), arthritis (ama vata) and other inflammatory joint conditions.
- It helps in better management of sugar level.
- It helps in degenerative diseases such as cancer, AIDS and arthritis as it boosts the immune system.
- It helps in fever due to virus or bacteria, cold-cough, infections, the liver diseases and several other diseases due to immunmodulating action.
- It helps in neurological disorders like ALS, parkinsons, dementia, motor and cognitive deficits and neuron loss in spine and hypothalamus.
- It helps in suppurative and inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, systemic lupus erythematosus.
- it helps to boost immunity and metabolism.
- It is also useful in chronic dysentery, chronic diarrhea, Amlapitta (i.e. hyperacidity) diseases of the urinary tract and fever.
- It is a cooling remedy for the treatment of all Pitta conditions.
- It is a good source of Vitamin C and minerals.
- It is helpful in bleeding disorders.
- It is used for the supportive treatment of viral infections, cancer, diabetes, inflammation, immunomodulatory and psychiatric conditions, osteoporosis, arthritis, blood disorders and jaundice.
- It offsets the ulcerative and toxic effects of chemoradiotherapy.
- It prevents the liver damage from viral hepatitis or poisoning from alcohol, chemicals or recreational and medicinal drugs.
- It protects the liver from pathogenic factors.
- It reduces excessive Pitta and hence gives relief in the burning sensation, bleeding disorders and excessive heat inside the body.
- It supports better functioning of the liver.
Giloy Amla Juice Therapeutic Uses
Giloy Amla Juiceis used for the treatment, control, prevention and improvement of the following diseases:
- Amlapitta / Hyperacidity
- Aruchi / Low appetite
- Bleeding diseases
- Bleeding piles
- Blood disorders
- Burning sensation
- Epistaxis/nose bleed/nakseer
- Fever, chronic fever, Malaria, Dengue, Chikungunya
- Inflammatory condition
- Iron deficiency
- Jaundice, hepatitis, the liver diseases
- Osteoporosis, arthritis
- Recurrent infection
- Swine flu
- Ulcers, ulcerative colitis
- Urinary disorders
- Urinary tract infections
- Viral fever
Giloy Amla Juice Dosage
The recommended dosage of medicine is 15-30 ml of juice.
Mix 15-30 ml of juice with water and consume 2-3 times after meals or as directed by the physician.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- It is can be taken for the long period.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.
- Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
- Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
There is no known contraindication for this medicine.
Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
- Do not use many different medicines for the treatments of the same disease.
- No drug–herb interactions are known.
Side-effects of Giloy Amla Juice
There are no known side-effects for this medicine.
- Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- Do not use any medicine during pregnancy without consulting doctor.
- Store in a cool and dry place in a tightly closed container, protected from light and moisture.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Shake well before use.
- Keep bottle cap closed after every use.