Table of Contents
Khamira Gaozaban Sada is an Unani medicine. It is a semi-solid preparation, which is particularly used as a tonic to strengthen heart and brain. It treats weakness of heart and gives relief in heart palpitation. It calms mind and reduces anxiety. It is useful in melancholia.
Khameera medicines were not used in Arabic and Persian period but are the invented by Indian Hakims during Mogul period. The word Khamira in the Unani system of medicine indicates fermented confection.
Khamira is a semi-solid preparation but neither thick like Majun nor liquid like syrup. It is prepared by adding a decoction of herbal drugs or powdered drugs to a base (Qiwam) made up of sugar or sugar with honey. Other thherbal ingredients, animal and mineral origin drugs are also mixed. After preparation of solution, it is so triturated that it become frothy and colour turns white due to mixing the air constituents in it. Khamiras have been named on the basis of constituents used for the preparation. In Khamira Gaozaban Sada the chief ingredient is Gaozaban (Borage officinalis).
Khamiras usually act as a cardio-tonic, and tonic for the brain, the liver, and stomach, and is also used for various other ailments like palpitations, weakness of heart, weakness of principal organs, cough, cold, catarrh, including respiratory and nervous disorders. Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Synonym: Khamira-e-Gaozaban Sada, Khameera Gaozaban Sada
- Type of medicine: Classical Unani Medicine
- Purpose: Tonic
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Suitable for: Unisex
Unani System of medicine evolved in Greece and was first introduced to India by the Arabs. It is also called as Greco-Arab medicine, Unani tibb, Arabian medicine, or Islamic medicine. Hippocrates is known as the father of this system of medicine. The theoretical framework of Unani medicine is based on his teachings.
It is a traditional medicinal system and commonly practiced in South Asia. The origins of Unani medicines are found in the doctrines of the ancient Greek physicians Hippocrates and Galen. It was later developed and refined through systematic experiment by the Arabs. Unani medicines are prepared from medicinal plants, minerals, animals products etc. In Unani medicine, single drugs or their combinations in raw forms are preferred over compound formulations. The naturally occurring drugs used in this system are usually free from any side effects.
Ingredients of Khamira Gaozaban Sada
- Berg Gaozaban (Borage officinalis leaf) 30gm
- Gule Gaozaban (Borage officinalis flower) 10gm
- Kashneez (Coriandrum sativum fruit) 10gm
- Abresham (Bombax mori cocoon) 10gm
- Behman surkh (Salvia heamatodes root) 10gm
- Behman safed (Centaurea behen root) 10gm
- Sandal safed (Santalum album wood) 10gm
- Tukhme Balanga (Lallemantia royleana seed) 10gm
- Tukhme Franjmishk (Ocymum gratissimum seed) 10gm
- Badranjboya (Melissa parviflora herb) 10gm
- Water 2 litre
- Sugar 1 kg
- Asl (Honey) 250 gm
Herbal ingredients are soaked in water at night to make a decoction next morning. This is cooked till water reduces to half. After cooling, the herbs are rubbed and this is filtered. Sugar and Asl (Honey) are added in filtrate and Qiwam (Basic Solution of Particular consistency) is prepared. It is triturated, till it become white.
Benefits of Khamira Gaozaban Sada
- It calms mind and hence helps to get better sleep.
- It gives strength to vital organ of the body, such as heart, brain, the liver etc.
- It improves mood.
- It is also beneficial in Melancholia.
- It is beneficial in the palpitation and weakness of heart.
- It is cardiac tonic.
- It is a cooling in action and reduces heat inside the body.
- It is good for the eyes.
- Cardiac tonic, Brain tonic and General Tonic
- Immunomodulatory: Modifies the immune response or the functioning of the immune system.
- Nervine sedative: Nerve tonic, calms nerves.
- Nervine: Tonifying effect on the nervous system.
- Nutritive: Providing nourishment, nutritious.
- Sedative: Promoting calm or inducing sleep.
- Tonic: Restore or improve health or well-being.
- Muqavvi Baser (Vision improving)
- Muqavvi Dimagh (Brain tonic)
- Muqavvi Hafiza (Memory enhancer)
- Muqavvi Qalb (Heart tonic)
Important Therapeutic Uses of Khamira Gaozaban Sada
- Cerebral atony
- Cold-flu and related problems
- Frequent headaches
- General fatigue
- Iltehab-e-Tajaweef Anaf (Sinusitis)
- Loss of memory
- Loss of sleep
- Mood problems, irritability, sadness, anxiety, melancholia etc.
- Palpitations of heart
- Weakness of eyesight
- Weakness of heart
- Weakness of nerves
The Dosage of Khamira Gaozaban Sada
Khamira Gaozaban Sada should be taken orally in a dose of 5-10 gram (Adult) or 1-2 grams (Children) according to age, weight, health etc.
- It can be taken once or twice a day, depending on condition.
- It may be given before breakfast and in evening.
- It may be taken with Arq Gaozaban 125ml, or water.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- It is safe medicine without any known side-effect.
- Do not take any medicine during pregnancy without consulting doctor.
- Avoid rich, spicy and flatulent food.
- It should not be taken during pregnancy.
- It is not suitable for a diabetic person due to sugar content.
- Hamdard Laboratories (India)
- Dehlvi Naturals
- Tayyebi Dawakhana
Store in a cool and dry place in a tightly closed container, protected from light and moisture.