Table of Contents
Gandha Thailam is a polyherbal Ayurvedic medicated oil. Gandhatailam is Kalpa described by Vagabhatacharya in the treatment of Asthi Bhagna.
Fractures are known as Khanda Bhagna or Asthi Bhagna in Ayurveda. Fractures can be due various reasons including slip or fall from a height, pressure on joints, pulling with force, excessive movements, animal bites, striking, sport, injuries etc. Fractures can be of 2 types, Sandhi mukta means dislocation or Kanda bhagna means body fracture.
Gandha Thailam is useful in improving bone mass and treating weak bones, arthritis, osteoporosis, fracture, dislocation, ligament injuries, and sprain. It is useful in strengthening the bones. Thus, it will be beneficial in prevention of Osteoporosis. It strengthens bone, joints and ligaments. It promotes ossification and fracture healing. Gandha Oil is available in the form of liquid and soft gel. Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and how to use.
- Synonyms: Gandha Taila, Gandha Oil
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Classical Medicine
- Main Indication: Weak Bones, fractures
Ingredients of Gandha Thailam
- Tilathailam Sesamum indicum Ol 10.000 ml
- Ksheera Cow Milk 40.000 ml
- Each 0.019 gram:
- Nalada Vetiveria zizanioides Rt
- Valaka Coleus vettiveroides Rt
- Lohitayashtika Rubia cordifolia Rt
- Naksha Ziziphus mauritiana St
- Misi Anethum graveolens Fr
- Plava Cyperus scariosus Rt.Tr
- Kushta Saussurea lappa Rt
- Kharayashti Sida retusa Rt
- Ven kurunthotti Sida retusa St
- Urakka veru Abutilon indicum Rt
- Srikhandam Santalum album Ht Wd
- Sariba Hemidesmus indicus Rt
- Sarala Pinus longifolia Ht Wd
- Sarjarasa Shorea robusta Exd.
- Amarandaru Cedrus deodara Ht Wd
- Patmakadi gana (each)
- Patmaka Prunus cerasoides Ht Wd
- Pundra Nelumbo nucifera St
- Riddhi Habenaria intermedia Rt
- Vriddhi Habenaria acuminata Rt
- Thugaksheeri Maranta arundinaceae S.C
- Sringi Pistacia integerrima Gl.
- Amritha Tinospora cordifolia St
- Jeevanthi Holostemma adakodien Rt
- Kakoli Fritillaria roylei Rt
- Ksheerakakoli Lilium polyphyllum Rt
- Meda Polygonatum cirrhifolium Rt
- Mahameda Polygonatum verticillatum Rt
- Mudgaparni Vigna trilobata Pl
- Mashaparni Vigna radiata Pl
- Rishabha Microstylis wallichi Rt.Tr
- Jeevaka Microstylis uscifera Rt.Tr
- Madhuka Glycyrrhiza glabra St
- Rasna Alpinia calcarata Rt
- Amsumathi Pseudarthria viscida Pl
- Kaseru Cyperus esculentus Rt
- Kalanusari Trigonella foemum-graecum Rt
- Nata Valeriana jatamanasi Rt
- Patra Pogostemon cablin Lf
- Lodhra Symplocos cochinchinensis St.Bk
- Ksheerasukla Ipomoea paniculata Rt
- Durva Cynodon dactylon Lf
- Saileya Parmelia perlata Pl
- Kumkuma Crocus sativus Crocus sativus Stl.Stg
Gandha Thailam is also available as soft gel of 300 mg strength.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Gandha Thailam
- All type of strains, sprains and ligament injuries
- Blunt injuries, muscular spasm
- Degenerative diseases of bones & joints
- Dislocation and ligament injuries
- Improve bone mass
- Ligament injuries in sports person
- Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis
- Strengthen bone, joints and ligaments
How to use Gandha Thailam
- This oil is used in very low dose.
- 5-10 drops are taken once or twice a day with warm milk or water.
- The Soft gel capsule can be taken in a dose of 1-2 capsules, twice a day.
- It is taken before food or after food.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.
- Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
- Do not use many different medicines for the treatments of the same disease.
- You may require other medicine in combination with Gandha Tailam to treat the condition. For example for pain during all movements of hip with limited range of motion, Gandha Tailam- 10 drops with
- Guggulutikthakam Kashayam, is given alone with Kashaya of Dhathri, Mustha, Amritha and Bonetone capsules.
- Fracture healing is a complex event that involves the coordination of different processes: initial inflammatory response, soft and hard callus formation, initial bony union and bone remodeling. Helaing depends on type, condition, age and health of a person. Eating more calcium foods can aid bone healing naturally. Include green leafy vegetables spinach, milk in diet. Avoid cold drinks, alcohol, highly processed and sugary foods.
- Include milk and other calcium containing food items in diet.
Pharmacies Making Gandha Thailam
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores. Since it is a classical medicine, it is manufactured by many Ayurvedic pharmacies.
Name of some of the Ayurvedic Pharmacies manufacturing this medicine is given below:
- Kerala Ayurveda Gandha Thailam 60 Capsule @ ₹330
- Kairali Products (Gandha Thailam) Rs. 85.00
- Arya Vaidya Pharmacy Gandha Thailam Capsule (each capsule contains 6 drops of Gandha Tailam)
- Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala Gandha Thailam
- AVP Gandha Thailam
- Vaidyaratnam Gandha Thailam
- and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.