Table of Contents
Baidyanath Dimag Doshahari Tablets is a herbomineral Ayurvedic medicine. It is proprietary Ayurvedic medicine from Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan. Dimag Doshahari Tablets is useful in the treatment of mental disorders, sleeplessness and hypertension.
This medicine contains herbomineral ingredients, Makardhwaj and Sarpagandha, and affects the brain and heart. Therefore it is highly recommended to take this medicine with due caution. This page is intended to give you the correct information about this medicine. Do not use this information to self-diagnose and self-medicate.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: Sleep disorder, High blood pressure
- Suitable for: Unisex
- Dosha Effect: Balances Vata and Pitta
- MRP/Price: Baidyanath Dimag Doshahari 50 Tablets @ Rs. 148.00
- Unsafe for: Pregnant ladies, during breastfeeding and in children
Ingredients of Baidyanath Dimag Doshahari Tablets
Chief ingredient of this medicine is:
- Decoction of Brahmi
- Decoction of Jatamansi
- Pravala Bhasma
- Makshik Bhasma
1- Makardhwaj is the most renowned tonics of Ayurveda. It is chemically Red Sulphide of mercury (with gold). The chemical analysis of Makardhwaja shows it contained Sulphur 13.78 percentage and Mercury 86.22 percentage.
It has immune boosting, strength promoting, and fertility improving properties. It gives energy to the heart, brain, nervous and urogenital systems. Makardhwaj is especially well-known for its impotence treating properties. It is a rejuvenators and aphrodisiac. It is used as an efficacious tonic. It cures nervous debility. Makardhwaj is not an intoxicant but it increases all the seven dhatus or body constituents and hence it is an ideal tonic.
2- Swarna Makshik is brass yellow color iron pyrite. It has no where related to gold. It contains iron (Fe), Copper (Cu) and sulfur.
3- Swarna Makshika Bhasma is incinerated Chalcopyrite or Chalcopyrite Calyx. It is mainly indicated in pandu (anemia), anidra (insomnia), apasmara (convulsions), mandagni (poor digestion), kustha (skin diseases) and diseases of heart. It is used as a single constituent formulation or in multi-ingredient formulation.
4- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri Pennell) prevents aging. It promotes intellect, longevity and memory.
5- Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi, Indian Nard, Indian Spikenard, Spikenard, Nard, Narrow-Leaved-Echinacea) is used to treat nervousness, nervous headache, excitement, menopausal symptoms, flatulence, epilepsy, for pain in the intestinal region, anxiety and insomnia. No health hazards are known in conjunction with the proper administration of designated therapeutic dosages.
6- Sarpagandha (Rauwolfia serpentina) is used in Ayurveda in the treatment of mild high blood pressure, nervousness, insomnia, mental disorders, schizophrenia, insanity, etc. This herb must not be used in pregnancy and during breastfeeding. It is also contraindicated gall stones, depression, before surgery and during Shock therapy.
Benefits of Baidyanath Dimag Doshahari Tablets
- It gives relief in mental agitation.
- It improves memory and concentration.
- It subsides distraction.
- It helps in insomnia.
- It lowers blood pressure.
- It has sedative, soothing and tonic action.
- It improves energy and hemoglobin level.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Baidyanath Dimag Doshahari Tablets
Hypertension (High blood pressure)
Insomnia (inability to fall asleep at night)
The Dosage of Baidyanath Dimag Doshahari Tablets
1 or 2 tablets twice a day after the meal with water or milk or as directed by a physician. This medicine should be taken upto one month.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Warnings
- It contains Sarpagandha, herbomineral formulations of Ayurveda, and should be used with due caution.
- This medicine contains many mineral ingredients and Makardhwaj and hence it is not suitable for the long term use.
- This medicine has blood pressure lowering and sedative effect. Always take in recommended doses.
- Do not take in excess.
- Larger dose can be produce many ill-effects.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- This medicine should be taken under medical supervision.
- Avoid in pregnancy and during breastfeeding.
Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factor. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.