Vita-C 15 is said to be nerve tonic, as it is very good remedy for diseases related to nervous system like weakness, headache related to nerves. Along with mental weakness it is very good remedy for curing physical weakness. It cures depression, anxiety and mental tension.
- Brand/Manufacturer: Dr. Reckeweg
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: Nerve tonic
- Presentation: 250 ml Sealed Bottle
- Price of Dr. Reckeweg Vita-C 15: MRP Rs.578
Contra-indications: The medication (Dr. Reckeweg Vita-C 15 syrup) should not be taken if a patient develops any hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients. Generally, medications should not be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side-effects: No known side effects
- Dr.Reckeweg Vita-C 15 Composition
Main ingredients of Vita-C 15
Phos Acid- It is a very good remedy for weakness and nervous exhaustion. It is given to patient who has mental weakness. It is suited to a person who are young and grow rapidly. They are exhausted mentally and physically. This weakness is due to acute disease or due to mental conditions like grief, loss of fluids. It cures neurosis in the stump. It is given after amputation. It is given to patient who have loss of memory and lack of feeling for others. He cannot collect his thoughts or find the right words. HE has bed effects of grief and mental shock.
Citrus medica limonum: It is given for effect on the circulation and the blood itself, faintness, and weak pulse.
Cocculus- It is given when a patient has weakness of the body mainly on one side of the body. It is given when patient has painful contractions of hands and feet. It is suitable to light haired girls. It is given to patient who is slow in comprehension. His time passes too quickly. It is given when patient has facial paralysis. Pain is seen in face which is worse from opening the mouth. It is given when patient has one sided paralysis which is worse after sleep. His hands are alternately hot and cold. It is given when numbness and cold sweat is seen one and other hand. It is very good remedy where patient has weakness of lower limb. Patient’s feet are painful when stretched.
Helonias- It is given to patients who have weakness of sensation, with a feeling of heaviness in the sacrum. It is very good remedy for tired women with tendency of backache. It is very good remedy for person who is very sad and feel better when kept busy. When mind of patient is engaged he feel better. It is very good remedy when patient has pain and weight in the region of back. Patient has a feeling of as if cool wind is passing through calves of legs. It is very good remedy for exhaustion and overexertion seen in women associated with uterine conditions. It improves nervous irritations with depression and has a desire to solitude.
Sepia- It is suitable for women who have a yellow complexion and are very weak, with a tendency to abortion. It is given to women who has no feeling to loved ones. Patient does not want to do any work. Patient is very irritable. and very sad. It is given to person who has stiffness of lower limbs. It is given for restlessness of limbs, with twitching. It can be given when patient has weakness in back and has pain which extend to the back.
Zincum met- It is given when a patient has a loss of energy. It can be given when patient has brain complaints with spinal cords symptoms. IT is very good remedy for trembling with convulsive twitching. Patient has weak memory and is very sensitive to noise. He has aversion to do any work. He does not want to talk. It can be given when patient has pain in the back. He cannot bear to be touched on the back. Pain is worse form sitting. Soles of feet are sensitive. It is given when patient has nervous weakness with restlessness of the legs. Patient has irritability of the nervous system. It is given in pricking and numbness of the limbs.
Dr.Reckeweg Vita-C 15 Important Therapeutic Uses
It is given in conditions like–
Nervous exhaustion and weakness
- Weakness in simple terms is the loss of muscle strength. When any person is unable to move his muscle normally. This condition can be due to two reasons-
- It can be due to a problem in the nervous system in which a person cannot move his arms how hard he tries.
- It can be due to general weakness or fatigue. In this condition, the patient is so weak that he cannot move his hands.
- Nervous weakness can develop gradually or suddenly. It can be of two types
Generalized muscle weakness
- When weakness involves all muscles of the body.
- When a specific muscle is involved.
- For example, when the spinal cord of an individual is involved, there will be a weakness of the legs is seen.
- If a person has complete muscle weakness, it is known as paralysis.
Autoimmune diseases like multiple sclerosis, Guillain-Barre syndrome, myasthenia gravis, lupus, and inflammatory disease.
- Cancer may crush and cause nerve pain and damage.
- Motor neuron disease like lateral sclerosis can cause progressive worsening nerve damage.
- Deficiencies of nutrients like vitamins B6 and B12 may cause nerve pain and nerve damage.
- Infectious diseases like Lyme disease, herpes viruses, HIV, and hepatitis C may cause nerve damage.
For generalized weakness-
- Due to illness or decrease in physical reserves like a decrease in muscle mass, bone density, when there is a decrease in the function of heart and lungs. This is seen in old age.
- Conditions related to muscle wasting due to lack of activity, or when the patient is admitted in the hospital.
- Damage in nerves which is seen in due to illness or injury. This condition can also see burns.
- Sometimes this condition is seen when there is a low level of potassium. This in medical terms is known as hypokalemia.
- Damage to nerves is also seen when there is excessive consumption of alcohol.
- Overuse of corticosteriods can also cause nerve damage.
- Ruptured or herniated spinal disk.
- Compression of the spinal cord.
- Multiple sclerosis.
Weakness to specific muscle may be due to certain causes like-
Stroke– This is the most common cause of weakness. It may affect one side of body.
Condition like carpal tunnel syndrome-
- Numbness, tingling, and pain in the hands.
- Pressure in your wrist and on the median nerve.
- Pain gets worse if the wrist is overextended.
- Muscle cramping is caused by a low level of magnesium or calcium.
- For a patient who has a seizure disorder, when the seizure stops, one side of the body becomes weak for several hours.
- Low level of blood sugar may cause weakness.
- Severe illness
- Chronic infection like HIV infection, hepatitis.
- Heart failure
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Mood disorder like depression.
- Lack of sleep due to mental disturbances
- Nervous headaches
- It is suited to people who are easily fatigued.
- General weakness of nerves.
- Lack of energy
- A patient has an inability to concentrate.
- The severe weakness is seen over a few days.
- When a patient has difficulty in breathing.
- When a patient has difficulty in raising the head while lying down.
- When a patient has difficulty in chewing, talking, or swallowing.
- When a patient has a loss of ability to walk.
Types of muscle weakness in different disease conditions–
Brain tumors- Patient has headache with change in personality. He suffers from confusion, difficult in concentration, loss of balance and coordination.
Multiple sclerosis- Patient has loss of sensation and loss of coordination. Patient has vision problems. In this patient has weakness of muscle which tends to come and go. Weakness may be seen in various parts of the body. Weakness is worse in hot weather.
Stroke- In this condition weakness occurs suddenly. Weakness is seen on one side of the body. Along with weakness patient has difficulty in speaking. Patient has slurred speech.
Other symptoms– confusion, dimness of vision, loss of vision, dizziness, loss of balance.
Symptoms of nerve damage
- Inability to sense chest pain like angina pain or heart attack.
- The patient may have too much sweating or too little sweating.
- The patient may feel light headedness.
- Dry mouth and dryness of eyes can be seen.
- The patient may bladder dysfunction.
- Sexual dysfunction may be seen.
- Twitching of muscle is seen.
- The patient feels burning.
Complications of nerve damage-
- It is seen that loss of sensation may lead to burns and other types of injuries.
- If scarring occurs in and around the damaged nerve, it results in neuroma formation.
- If the patient has incomplete healing it may lead to increased sensitivity to hot and cold.
- In long term, it may lead to paralysis.
Dr. Reckeweg Vita-C 15 Dosage
When starting the treatment
Give the remedy three times daily from One teaspoonful (5ml) to One liquor glass (30ml).
When improvement sets in, the same dose daily, eventually only in the evening. The indicated quantity of drops of Dr. Reckeweg R15 Vita C syrup should be taken before meals with some water unless otherwise prescribed by a doctor.
Vita-C 15 Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Suggestions
- Vita-C 15 has no known side-effect.
- Vita-C 15 has no known drug interaction.
- Vita-C 15 is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken after cleaning the mouth and preferably in empty stomach.
- Please do not eat strong smelling food items such as onion, garlic etc. within half an hour before and after taking the medicine.
- In case white globules have turn yellow, or sediments appear in the liquid form of medicine, do not take.
- Do not take tobacco in any form.
- During homoeopathic treatment, no other medicines should be taken, unless suggested by a qualified homoeopathic doctor.
Keep the medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like camphor, menthol etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.
As i hv engeoplasty twice 2years earlier,using alopathic medecine for heart disease.can use vitac 15 syp ?