Enuroplant Drops from Schwabe is a German homeopathic medicine that is very useful in cystitis. It relieves the symptoms of urinary infection and pain related to it. It is a proven German Homeopathic formula that acts on the urinary system. It can be given for bedwetting in children. It can cure inflammation of the urinary bladder.
- Brand/Manufacturer: Willmar Schwabe India
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: Cystitis (urine infection in the bladder) and related pain, frequent urination, bedwetting (Enuresis Nocturna), and complaints caused by irritations and inflammations of the urinary bladder.Size: 20ml
- MRP: Rs. 431
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side-effects: No known side effects
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection or UTI is the most common infection seen in patients.
Another name of bladder infection: Cystitis
The natural mechanism of the body to prevent infection: If bacteria enter the urinary tract, then it is flushed out when the patient urates. It helps to prevent infection. If this mechanism fails it leads to infection.
Causes of urinary tract infection
This type of infection occurs when any kind of bacteria enter and infect the urinary tract. Many areas of the urinary tract may be affected by this infection. But bladder infection is most common. This type of infection is also known as cystitis.
- If infection occurs in the urethra only it leads to urethritis.
- Ureters can also become infected with urinary tract infections. These are tubes that take urine from each kidney to the bladder. This area is rarely infected.
- If this infection is not treated at right time, it may lead to kidney infections which are known as pyelonephritis.
- It is a serious condition.
People who are at higher risk
Women and girls are at higher risk as their urethra is shorter and close to the anus. This results in easy access for bacteria to enter the urinary tract. Research suggests that at least 40 to 60 percent of women develop a UTI during their lifetime, and most of these infections are bladder infections. One in 4 women is likely to have a repeat infection. In women, the opening to the urethra is closer to the rectum, which causes a bladder infection.
Other factors include
Bacterial infection without any known symptom can be seen
Certain types of birth control methods may also result in urinary tract infections. This includes methods like the use of diaphragms or use of spermicide Changes in vaginal acidity during menopause
- Diabetes patient
- Diseases like Alzheimer or delirium in old patients
- If a patient has abnormal vesicoureteral reflux
- If a patient has involuntary urination
- If a patient has a previous history of urinary tract infection
- If a person has a new sexual partner
- It can also be seen in children who not urinate enough or if wipe from back to front after a toilet
- It can also be seen in younger children as they can have some structural problem which can be present since birth It can lead to frequent urinary tract infection
- It is often seen after surgery or after prolonged bed rest
- It is seen after urinary catheter placement
- It is seen in prostate enlargement
- Kidney stone patients
- Older adults are at higher risk of having a urinary tract infection
- Patients with spinal cord injury or nerve damage around the bladder can cause difficulty in emptying the bladder. This may lead to a urinary tract infection
- Sexually transmitted disease
- Cloudy or bloody urine is seen
- Low fever can be seen in patients
- Pain or burning while urination
- Pain or feeling of pressure in the lower abdomen
- A patient can have frequent urination
- The patient will have an urgency to pass urine
Warning signs for kidney infections include:
- Abnormal mental symptoms
- High fever up to 101 degrees Fahrenheit or above
- Pain in the lower back
- Sweat saw in the night
Symptoms are seen in younger children:
- Change in appetite is seen
- Fever is seen in children without any cause
- There will be a change in smell or color of urine
Blood infection which in medical terms is known as sepsis. Risk is most commonly seen in either young or very old adults
High blood pressure during pregnancy which is called preeclampsia
If Urinary tract infection is not treated during pregnancy it may lead to conditions like:
- Kidney damage
- Kidney infection
- Low birth weight
- Premature birth (Birth of baby before 39 to 40 weeks)
Tips to prevent urinary tract infection:
- Urinate before and after sexual activity.
- Urinate regularly.
- It is recommended to minimize the use of sprays or powder in the genital area.
- In girls after toilet, wipe the area from front to back.
- Wear underwear made of cotton rather than synthetic material like nylon.
- Not to wear tight jeans and trousers.
- Don’t go without urinating for longer than 3:4 hours. It is said that the longer the urine stays in the bladder, the more time bacteria have to grow.
- Try to drink 6:8 glasses of water per day.
- Clean the anus and the outer lips of the genitals each day.
Warning signs for a patient:
- If a child has symptoms of cystitis.
- If a patient has blood in the urine.
- If the patient has frequent cystitis.
- If a pregnant lady has symptoms of cystitis.
- If symptoms are not improved within a few days.
Enuroplant Drops Composition
Plantago Major Q 20.0
It is a very good remedy when a patient has difficulty in urination. It is suited to a person who is very depressed and depression leads to lack of sleep. It is given when a patient has profuse urination. It is a very good remedy when a patient has profuse urination at night.
Equisetum Arv Q 20.0
It mainly acts on the urinary bladder. It is a very useful remedy for the difficulty in urination. It is a very good remedy for severe dull pain with a feeling in the bladder. This feeling is not relieved by urination. It cures frequent urge with severe pain when the patient stops urination. It can be given when urine flows only drop by drop. It is associated with sharp burning pain in the urethra when the patient starts urination. It can also be given when a child has frequent passing of urine with dreams when passing urine. It cures frequent passage of urine in old women with involuntary stools. It is given when difficulty in urination and retention is seen during pregnancy and after delivery. It cures pain in the right kidney extending to the lower abdomen with an urgent desire to pass urine.
Belladonna 3x 10.0
It is a very good remedy when a patient has a collection of urine in the bladder which results in urinary tract infections. It can be given when a patient has scanty urine with frequent urination, dark urine, sometimes turbid. It is given for cystitis. It cures frequent urge to pass urine with continuous dripping. It can be given for blood in the urine. It is very useful for prostatic enlargement.
Pulsatilla 3x 10.0
It is given when a patient has an increased desire to pass urine and this situation gets worse when lying down. It can be given when a patient has to burn during and after passing urine. It can cure involuntary urination at night when coughing or passing flatus. It can cure spasmodic pain in the bladder after passing urine.
Excipients Qs To 100.0
Alcohol 52.0% V/V
Enuroplant Drops Important Therapeutic Uses
Enuroplant Drops are used for the treatment of bed-wetting (Enuresis Nocturna) and complaints caused by irritations and inflammations of the urinary bladder.
It gives relief in symptoms of cystic related pain and frequent urination.
Enuroplant Drops Dosage
The recommended dosage of medicine is 10 to 20 drops (Adult) and 5 to 10 drops (Children and infants) of Schwabe Enuroplant Drops three times a day.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Suggestions
- It has no known side-effect.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- The medication should not be taken if a patient develops any hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken after cleaning the mouth and preferably on empty stomach.
- Please do not eat strong-smelling food items such as onion, garlic, etc. within half an hour before and after taking the medicine.
- Do not take tobacco in any form.
- Generally, medications should not be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding unless prescribed by a doctor.
During homeopathic treatment, no other medicines should be taken, unless suggested by a qualified homeopathic doctor.
This being a natural product, it may sometimes precipitate slightly or become cloudy, but this does not affect the quality and effectiveness of the product. If this happens, shake the product well before using it.
Keep the medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like camphor, menthol, etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.