R 77 is a Homeopathic remedy from the pharmaceutical company Dr. Reckeweg & Co. GmbH, Bensheim, Germany, and marketed by Dr.Roshanlal Aggarwal & Sons Pvt. in India. It is indicated for withdrawal symptoms in smokers. It is Anti-Smoking Drops and found to be very useful in smoker’s hangovers. It is a tobacco de-addiction remedy.
- Brand/Manufacturer: Reckeweg India
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: To quit smoking
- Presentation: Anti-Smoking Drops
- Price of Reckeweg R77: 22ml @ Rs.200
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side-effects: No known side effects
Smoking is bad for health. Like alcohol hangover, the person may suffer from Smoker’s hangover which is a burning sensation in the chest when taking deep breaths after a long night of smoking a few packs of cigarettes.
The person may suffer from Smokers leg as smoking affects blood vessels of arms and legs. It makes blood vessels swelling. It leads to a condition known as Buerger’s Disease.
The main symptoms of this condition are as follows:
- Cold hands or feet
- Pain in the hands and feet which is very severe
- Pain in the legs, ankles, or feet when walking
- Pale, red, or bluish hands or feet
- Some skin changes are present like painful sores, or ulcers on the hands or feet
Withdrawal symptom of smoking
When a person tries to quit smoking, he or she finds it very difficult as nicotine is highly addictive. He/she suffers from withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal symptoms are basically a collection of changes in mood and body of a person on quitting smoking. The symptom only relieved by starting smoking again.
The symptoms which are found after quitting smoking are as follows:
- Deafness can also be seen in patients
- Depressed mood
- Difficult sleep or sleep disturbances
- Difficulty in concentration
- Increased appetite
- Increased dreaming
- Inflammation of the inner ear
- Irregular beating of the heart
- Irritability, frustration, or anger
- Liver complaints
- Mood swings
- Mouth ulcers
- Pain in the stomach
- Some cold symptoms like sneezing
- Urging to smoke which is known as cravings
- Weight gain
Withdrawal symptoms are usually strong in the first week. Many of these symptoms are gone after about two to four weeks. R 77 Homeopathic medicine helps to quit the habit of smoking. It can be taken for a long time without side-effects.
Ingredients of Reckeweg R77
10 grams contains:
- Agaricus muscarius D5 1.5 g
- Echinacea D10 1.2 g
- Natrium chloratum D2 2.4 g
- Roninia pseudoacacia D6 1.2 g
- Tabacum D4 2.4 g
Non-medicinal ingredients: Ethanol, purified water.
Know the Ingredients
Agaricus Muscaricus: It acts as an intoxicant to the brain. It acts on nervous symptoms and relieves symptoms like jerking, twitching, trembling, and itching associated with withdrawal symptoms of smoking. A person is sensitive to cold air. Symptoms appear diagonally like the right arm and left leg. Pains are accompanied by sensations of coldness, numbness, and tingling. It treats circulatory disturbances and irregular heartbeat. It treats coated tongue, nausea, and stomach pain.
Mentally patient sings, talks, but does not answer. The patient has aversion to work. He is fearless. It can treat some of the characteristic symptoms such as increased cheerfulness, excessive mental excitement, incoherent talking, sudden happiness alternating with sadness. He has excessive physical strength. It can cure mental depression, confusion, disinclination to work arising as a result of withdrawal symptoms. It can cure vertigo of sunlight and on walking. The patient has a dull headache from prolonged desk work. There is icy coldness as from icy needles or splinters. It can cure some gastrointestinal symptoms like unnatural hunger. There is flatulent distension of the stomach and abdomen. There is constantly burning in the stomach about three hours after a meal followed by dull pressure. It can cure irregular palpitations after tobacco. There is an intermittent pulse which is often irregular.
Worse: Open cold air, after eating.
Better: moving about slowly.
Echinacea Angustifolia-It improves resistance power. It stimulates detoxification mechanisms. It helps in septic conditions of the blood and useful in blood poisoning. It prevents gangrene. It can be given in the last stages of cancer to ease the pain. The patient has a tired feeling. It can cure inflammation of lymph nodes. The patient has foul discharges with much weakness. Mentally patient is very confused and depressed. The patient has a white coating of the tongue with red edges. It also promotes the flow of saliva. The patient feels nausea which is better by lying down. It can cure pain in limbs and weakness.
Natrium chloratum: It treats the effects of quitting smoking such as temporal headaches, constipation with dry and hard stools, and arrhythmic palpitations. Mentally patient is very weak. He has ill effects of grief, fright, and anger. He is depressed because of some past chronic disease. He always wants to do things early. It can cure a headache which is worse when sunrises and present till sunset. It can cure coughs of tickling in the stomach. The patient has bursting pain in the head. He has shortness of breath when going upstairs. It can cure patients when the cough is present with tears in the eyes.
Worse: from noise, music, warm room, lying down, around 10.am., from mental work, from consolation, heat.
Better: open air, from taking cold bathing, lying on the right side, from tight clothing.
Robinia pseudo acacia: It is a remedy for hyperacidity. It treats stomach pain which is caused due to excessive smoking and acid gastritis. This hyperacidity is present along with headaches in the forehead. The patient has intensely acrid eructations. The patient has burning pains in the stomach at night. It can cure constipation with an urgent desire to evacuate. The patient has stools and perspiration sour. It can cure nausea with sour eructations
Tabacum: It acts against the abuse of tobacco with the collapse, perspiration, paleness, trepidation (fear), and cold limbs. It also treats neuralgia (intermittent pain along the course of a nerve), vertigo (feeling of weariness), vomiting, and nausea. It is specifically effective on arterial and peripheral disturbances. It covers the entire symptoms and look of the patient, and is very suitable for any chronic smoker. The patient has nausea and giddiness. He is pale with icy coldness and sweat. The patient is very lonely and forgetful. He has deathly nausea. The patient feels a sudden headache as if struck by a hammer. The patient feels as if he sees through a veil. The patient has a very pale face. It can cure morning cough which is sometimes associated with vomiting. Hoarseness is also cured in public speakers. It can cure feelings of nausea which get worse from the smell of tobacco smoke. It is a very good remedy for angina pectoris. Pain radiates from the center of the chest. It can cure loss of sleep with cold skin and anxiety.
Worse: opening eyes. evening, extremes of heat and cold.
Better: open fresh air.
Benefits of Reckeweg R77
- It treats the effects of quitting smoking.
- It is a de-addiction formula.
- It counteracts damages coming from a permanent supply of nicotine.
- It strengthens the function of the autonomic nervous system.
- It supports better circulation.
- It treats tympanitis (painful problem caused by inflammation of the middle ear), function disturbances of connective tissues, endocrinum and vascular disturbances.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Reckeweg R77
The only indication of R77 is to treat withdrawal symptoms of smoking and to help a person to Quit Smoking. It helps in withdrawal symptoms including
- Disturbances of the endocrinum, vascular disturbances
- Disturbances of the function of the connective tissues
- For withdrawal of smokers
- Headache caused by smoking too much
- Nausea, pain in the stomach, constipation, arrhythmic palpitation (beating of the heart), liver complaints, tympanitis
- Smokers hangover
- Smoker’s leg
Dosage of Reckeweg R77
The recommended dosage of medicine is 3 times daily 10 to 20 drops in some water.
The indicated quantity of Dr.Reckeweg R77 drops should be taken before meals with some water unless otherwise prescribed by a doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Warnings
- Throw away your cigarettes.
- Drink water. Avoid caffeine.
- Do not go out with smokers.
- Get plenty of rest and eat healthily. Being tired can trigger you to smoke.
- Change your routine to avoid the things you might associate with smoking.
- This medicine can be taken regularly over a longer period of time.
- It has no known side-effect.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- This medicine should not be taken if the patient has any hypersensitivity to the ingredients of the remedy.
- It should not be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- The medicine should be kept out of direct light and stored at a constant temperature, not over 30 degrees centigrade.
- Once break open the seal, the medicine should be used up quickly.