Pelvi Aid is proprietary Homeopathic medicine from Bakson’s Homeopathy. It is a very good remedy for complaints associated with women’s reproductive organs particularly leucorrhoea. It is useful in symptoms like itching of the vagina, pelvic pain. It also corrects menstrual irregularities.
- Brand/Manufacturer: Bakson’s Homeopathy
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: White discharge
- Presentation: 75 tablets
- Price of Bakson’s Homeopathic Pelvi aid: Rs.150
- Contraindications: No known contraindication of Bakson’s Homeopathic Pelvi aid.
- Interactions: No known interaction of Bakson’s Homeopathic Pelvi aid.
- Side-effects: No known side effects of Bakson’s Homeopathic Pelvi aid.
Composition of Pelvic Aid
Given below is the list of ingredients of Pelvi Aid.
Alumina 3x, Borax 3x, Sepia 3x, Kreosotum 3x, Pulsatilla nigricans 3x.
Know the Ingredients
Alumina 3x- It is helpful in those conditions which have dryness of mucous membranes and skin. It is suited to old people, women who are prematurely old with great weakness. She often complains of constipation. She takes a cold very easily. It can often be given to sensitive and delicate children, who are fed artificial food. The mental makeup of the patient is very unique. She is always in hurry. Time passes too slowly for her. She has a suicidal tendency on seeing a knife or blood. Her menses are too early and of short duration. Sometimes menses are scanty. Menses are associated with great weakness. Leucorrhoea is like acid, transparent in color, with burning. Leucorrhoea is worse during the daytime and after menses. Leucorrhoea is relieved by washing with cold water.
Worse- in the afternoon, from taking potatoes, in the morning on waking up, when in a warm room.
Better- in the open air, from cold washing, in the evening and on alternate days( one day the symptom is worse other day symptom is better), damp weather.
Borax 3x- Symptom associated with this remedy is excessive salivation, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and collapse. Mentally patient has a dread of downward motion along the leucorrhoea. She is always in anxiety. There is so much anxiety that she has an anxious expression on her face during the downward motion. She is sensitive to sudden noises. This remedy cures leucorrhoea which is like the white of eggs, with a sensation as if warm water was flowing. It can also be given for sterility. She has menses that are too soon and profuse, with excessive pain in the stomach and a feeling of nausea. It favors easy conception. It is important to remedy pruritus vulva( itching in the vulva) and eczema.
Worse- from downward motion, noise, smoking, warm weather, after menses.
Better- pressure, evening, cold weather.
Sepia 3x- This remedy is suited to women who are weak with a yellow complexion. She has a bearing down sensation as if her reproductive parts are weak. This remedy is also useful in cases of abortion. She feels hot flushes at menopause with great weakness and perspiration. She also feels a Ball-like sensation in the inner parts. All pains are from below upwards. She is very irritable. She dreads to be alone. She is very sad and weeps when telling symptoms. There is so much weakness in reproductive organs, that she must cross limbs in order to prevent the protrusion of inner parts. Leucorrhoea is yellow, greenish, with much itching. Menses too late and scanty and often irregular, early and profuse with sharp pains.
Worse- forenoons and evenings. washing, dampness left side, after the sweat, from taking cold air, before a thunderstorm.
Better- by exercise, pressure, the warmth of the bed, hot applications, drawing limbs up, cold bathing after sleep.
Kreosotum 3x- This remedy is useful in excoriating discharge, which causes soreness of the parts. The discharge is often caused by burning in the area. This remedy is associated with offensive discharges. It is a very good remedy for diseases of old women, especially after menopause. Mentally the patient is stupid, forgetful, and is very irritable. Leucorrhoea is corrosive which causes burning and swelling of the area. There is violent itching between the private parts and thighs. It is a very good remedy for burning and soreness in the external and internal parts. Leucorrhoea is yellow, acrid. It smells like green corn. Leucorrhoea is worse between periods.
Worse- in open air, cold, from rest, when lying, after menstruation.
Better- from warmth, from motion, from taking a warm diet.
Pulsatilla nigricans 3x- It is pre-eminently a female remedy. It is suited for females who are gentle, very sad, cries readily. She weeps when talking. She has a changeable mood. The patient wants open air. She takes a cold very easily. Her symptoms always change. Mentally patient fears in the evening of being alone. She has fear of ghosts. She is very emotional. Leucorrhoea inpatient is like acid, causing burning. At times it is creamy. It causes pain in the back. She is very tired. The patient has suppressed menses from wet feet. She also suffers from nervous weakness.
Worse- from heat, rich fatty food, after eating, when in a warm room, when lying on the left or on the painless side.
Better- open air, motion, from cold applications, cold food, and drinks.
Benefits of Pelvi Aid
- It alleviates the itching of the vagina.
- It relieves the agony of pelvic pain.
- It corrects menstrual irregularities.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Pelvi Aid
This formulation is for women suffering from disorders of the Reproductive System in particular Leucorrhoea (bland or acrid).
The word leucorrhoea comes from the Greek word ‘leukos’ meaning white and ‘rhoia’ meaning flow. In Latin, it means fluor albus. It is the most common condition found in females. It is very important to understand this condition as this simple problem can lead to disease. The discharge may be white, yellow, or greenish in color. It is basically excessive secretion of normal vaginal discharge.
A female may notice certain symptoms like-
- She has vulval moistness or staining of the undergarments. This at times may be so excessive that she may need to wear a sanitary pad. The stain may become brownish-yellow on drying.
- This discharge may be without pus and may be non-offensive.
- It can at times be non-irritant. It will not cause itching.
Causes of leucorrhoea
Certain causes are related to health conditions like-
- It can be seen at birth as the influence of maternal hormones.
- It can be seen at puberty as a normal physiological process.
- During ovulation- due to hormonal effect.
- Premenstrual- as a result of hormones.
- During pregnancy.
- During sexual excitement.
Some disease condition can often lead to leucorrhoea-
- Chronic cervicitis: It is inflammation of the neck of the womb (medically known as the cervix. It may cause vaginal discharge. It can be due to bacteria or sexually transmitted infections.
- Cervical erosion: It is a change to the cells around the opening on the cervix. It is one of the various causes of vaginal discharge.
- Uterine prolapse: It is a condition in which muscles or ligaments become weak or overstretched. As a result, these fibers are not able to support the uterus. So uterus slips from the normal position.
- Chronic pelvic inflammation: It is an infection of the reproductive organ of women. It includes the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, and cervix. It can be a result of a sexually transmitted infection like chlamydia or gonorrhea.
When leucorrhoea is present with some disease it produces symptoms like low backache, itching and burning sensation of the vulva, poor appetite, discomfort, general weakness, pain in both legs.
Some other causes of leucorrhoea are-
- Chronic illness
- Emotional disturbances
- Improper diet
- Unhygienic condition
- Chronic retroverted uterus- Clinically this does not contribute to any problem.
- Infections like- trichomonas vaginalis, Candidia Albicans, mixed bacterial infections,
- gonococcal, monilial infections, vulvovaginitis.
- It is said that women with pale color vaginal discharge are unable to conceive.
Other presenting symptom associated with leucorrhoea
- Abdominal pain
- General weakness
- Loss of appetite
- Low backache
- Pain in legs
- Vulval itching
Dosage of Pelvi Aid
The recommended dosage of medicine is 1 tablet, 3 times a day for women. Girls above the age of 12 can be given half of the adult dosage.
Kindly consult your doctor before using the product.