R73 is a Homeopathic remedy from the pharmaceutical company Dr. Reckeweg & Co. GmbH, Bensheim, Germany, and marketed by Dr. Roshanlal Aggarwal & Sons Pvt. Ltd. in India. It is a homeopathic remedy indicated in symptoms of osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis can be seen in large joints, knee, and hip joints, and vertebrae. This medicine helps in the prevention of the degenerative process.
- Brand/Manufacturer: Reckeweg India
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: osteoarthritis
- Size: 22 ML sealed bottle
- MRP: Rs 220
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side–effects: No known side effects
Other names: Degenerative joint disease, Wear and tear arthritis.
Osteoarthritis is a joint disease that mainly affects cartilage. Cartilage is a slippery tissue that covers the ends of bones. It allows bones to glide over each other and acts as a shock absorber. In osteoarthritis, this protective cartilage is destroyed which causes rubbing of bones over one another. This causes pain, swelling, and loss of motion of the joint. Rubbing of joints results in the formation of bony spurs. If a piece of bones and cartilage bread and floats inside the joint space, it causes more pain and damage. This disease can occur in any joint. It can occur in the hands, knees, hips, and spine.
It is common to form of arthritis.
This disease occurs mostly in old people. Osteoarthritis can also be seen in younger individuals from joint injuries.
- Old age
- Injury to joint
- Joints that are not properly formed
A genetic defect in joint cartilage. People who have family members with OA are more likely to develop OA. People who have hand OA are more likely to develop knee OA.
- Women are more likely to develop OA than men, especially after age 50.
- Stresses on the joints from certain jobs and playing sports.
- Dislocation and fracture can also result in osteoarthritis in long run.
- A profession that causes kneeling, squatting, and heavy lifting.
Symptoms of Osteoarthritis
- Pain in joint.
- Stiffness of joints.
- Reduced amount of mobility of joints.
- Swelling of joint.
- At beginning of the disease, pain is felt during and after activity. But as the condition worsens pain may be felt during minor movements or even at rest.
Warning signs of osteoarthritis
- Stiffness in a joint after getting out of bed or sitting for a long time.
- Swelling or tenderness in one or more joints.
- A crunching feeling or the sound of bone rubbing on bone.
Dr.Reckeweg R 73 drops for symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis contains:
Sulfuricum acid D 6- It is given when a patient has cramp-like pain with contraction of muscles of arms and hands. It cures jerking of fingers while writing. It treats pain in various joints (arthralgia). It also influences the metabolism of the cartilage.
Argentum D 6- It is suited to a person who cannot walk with eyes closed. It cures paralysis with symptoms and mind and stomach. The patient has difficulty in walking and standing. It cures the numbness of the arms. It treats the arthralgia that is associated with the degeneration of the joints.
Arnica D4- It is a very good remedy for gout. The patient has fear of being touched. It cures pain in the back and limbs. The patient feels as if bruised or beaten. It cures sprained or dislocated feeling. A patient cannot sleep as everything on which he sleeps seems too hard. A patient has difficulty in walking erect. It is a very good remedy for rheumatism begins in the feet and then ascends. It treats the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis such as painful joints.
Bryonia D4- It acts against tearing pain in muscles that may be accompanied by inflammations. It is also used to treat diseases in which defective metabolism of uric acid causes arthritis (gout), rheumatism of joints and limbs. It treats the stiff and swollen joints that become worse on the movement.
Causticum Hahnemanni D 12- It is a very good remedy for left-sided sciatica. It cures numbness associated with sciatica. It cures symptoms like tearing pain in the hands and arms, heaviness, and weakness of the area. The patient has contracted tendons and weak ankles. Rheumatism is better by warmth. It cures stiffness in the hollow of the knee.
Ledum D3– It is a very good remedy for pain in gout. Pain shoots through the foot and joints. The patient feels pain in small joints. It cures swelling of joints. The patient has cracking in joints which is worse from the warmth of the bed. Rheumatism begins in the lower limbs and goes in the upper joints. It cures swelling insoles when patients feel difficulty in stepping on them. It can be given for easy spraining of ankles.
R73 Important Therapeutic Uses
Dr.Reckeweg R73 drops are indicated for osteoarthritis of the large joints, arthritis of the knee and hip joint, osteoarthritis of the vertebrae, painful joints, swollen, stiff joints (worse on movement), rheumatic joint pain, cramping pain in the hip area, etc.
The recommended dosage of medicine is given below:
To begin with, giving 10 to 15 of Dr.Reckeweg R 73 drops in some water 4 to 6 times daily. After 2 to 3 weeks of treatment, the dosage may be reduced to 2 to 3 times daily.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Suggestions
- It has no known side-effect.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- The medication should not be taken if a patient develops any hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken after cleaning the mouth and preferably on an empty stomach.
- Please do not eat strong-smelling food items such as onion, garlic, etc. within half an hour before and after taking the medicine.
- Do not take tobacco in any form.
- Generally, medications should not be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Maintain half an hour gap between food/drinks/other medications and the prescribed homeopathic medicine.
- During homeopathic treatment, no other medicines should be taken, unless suggested by a qualified homeopathic doctor.
- This being a natural product, it may sometimes precipitate slightly or become cloudy, but this does not affect the quality and effectiveness of the product. If this happens, shake the product well before using it.
Keep the medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like menthol, mint, camphor, essential oils, lip balm, deep heat liniments, cough lozenges, chewing gum, aromatic toothpaste, chemical fumes, perfumes, etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.