Homeopathic remedy Crocus sativus is often helpful in hemorrhages that are black and stringy. It is given in tingling in various parts, hysterical affections, frequent and extreme changes in sensations and mental conditions, Anger with violence followed by repentance, laughing mania, etc.
About Crocus Sativa
The common name for Crocus Sativa is Saffron (English) and Kesar. It is indigenous to India and the Balkans. True saffron is native to Asia Minor and southern Europe, with the majority of the world production based in Iran. Due to its beneficial effect, it is now cultivated in Spain, France, Italy, and the Middle East. Spain is the world’s foremost exporter and producer of saffron.
Saffron is the dried stigmas of the flower. The blue-violet, lily-shaped flowers contain the orange stigmas (which is part of the pistil) and red style branches that are collected to produce the saffron spice. The plant is a bulbous perennial and grows 15 to 20 cm in height. Mature stigmas are collected by hand during a short blooming season.
Classification of plant
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Liliopsida
- Order: Asparagales
- Family: ridaceae
- Genus: Crocus
- Species: C. sativus
Saffron has anticonvulsant, anticancer, anti-depressant, relaxant, antihypertensive, anti-inflammatory, anti-hyperlipidemic, and antioxidant.
How Saffron is obtained?
It takes roughly 150,000 flowers and 400 hours of work to make 1kg of dried saffron.
Preparation of Homeopathic remedy
Dried stigmas of the plant are macerated in alcohol. It is taken generally for mood swings where the patient is overexcited, hysterical, excited behavior.
Key Symptoms in Which Homeopathic Remedy Crocus is indicated
1. It is given when the patient experiences pleasant mania, he feels very happy and laughs all the time, sings, and laughs. The patient is very affectionate at a time and other times is very angry. There are sudden changes from hilarity to melancholy.
2. It is a very good remedy where there is pulsating pain in the head which worse during menses.
3. There is various sensation is eyes. Feeling as if there is an appearance of electric sparks. Sensation as if there is mucus or water in the eyes, must wipe the eyes. The sensation is seen after violent crying. There is a feeling as if she had been looking through very sharp spectacles. Eyes feel as if in smoke. Lids feel heavy. Pain in the eyes extending to the top of the head. Sensation as if cold air was rushing through the eye.
4. It is given for a patient who has blood discharge from the nose which is dark, stringy, clotted. Strings of dark blood hanging down the nose.
5. It is a very good remedy for constipation which is generally seen in infants with the feeling of crawling and stitches in the anus. There is a feeling as if something alive in the abdomen.
There is a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen.
6. It is a very good female remedy that covers major problems of females like menstrual problems, abortion. It is given in cases of threatened abortion, especially when hemorrhage is dark and stringy. Menses are dark, too frequent and copious, black and slimy. Females have a uterine hemorrhage, which has clots with long strings which is worse from least movement. It is given in cases where the patient has jerking pain in the interior of the left breast as if drawn towards the back by means of a thread.
7. It is given for respiratory conditions where is wheezy cough, with frothy expectoration, containing threads. This cough is worse lying down. The patient has breath which is very offensive.
8. It is given in cases where the patient has a sudden feeling of coldness in the back as if cold water was thrown over him.
9. It is given in cases of spasmodic contractions and twitching of a single set of muscles. The entire upper extremity falls asleep. There is cracking in the hip joint and knees. It is a very good remedy for weakness in the knees and legs. There is a pain in the ankles and soles.
The Symptoms Worse By
- Lying down
- Hot weather
- Warm room
- Before breakfast
- During pregnancy
The Symptoms Better By
- In open-air
- After breakfast
Dosage of Homeopathic remedy
It is given in 30 potencies. The dosage is 3 pellets 3 times a day until improvement.