Bakson’s Go Tox is a remedy that helps in quitting smoking and alcohol. It acts as a detoxifier. It helps a person in the cessation of smoking by fighting alcohol and nicotine dependence and craving.
- Brand/Manufacturer: Bakson’s Homeopathy
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: Detoxification
- Price of Bakson’s Go Tox: 30ml @ Rs.100
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side-effects: No known side effects
The Chronic Problem of Smoking in India
The habit of smoking is known since 2000 B when cannabis was smoked. Smoking has been practiced for at least 2,000 years. Tobacco was introduced to India in the 17th century. India is home to 12% of the world’s smokers. Smoking is a practice in which a substance, mostly tobacco or cannabis, is burned and the smoke is tasted or inhaled.
The most common method of smoking today is through cigarettes. Other smoking implements include pipes, cigars, bidis, hookahs, vaporizers, and bongs.
The main constituent of smoking is Nicotine which is highly addictive. When a person takes one puff of a cigarette, it acts on the central nervous system, brain, and other parts of the body. A person feels good for a moment or two after taking a cigarette.
Types of smokers:
- Skinny Smoker: commonly seen in women.
- Sneaky Smoker- When the patient is ashamed of the habit. So he smokes when his family and friends aren’t around.
- Rebel Smoker- When a person picked up the habit in teens.
- Social Smoker: When a patient smokes at parties, at bars, at night, on the weekends.
- Stressed-out smoker: When a person smokes to relieve stress.
- Serial Quitter- When a patient smoke and say that it is the last cigarette.
- Committed Smoker: When a person doesn’t care if he is damaging his health, and he doesn’t care what people think of you.
Harmful effects of smoking:
It causes the following cancers like acute myeloid leukemia, Bladder cancer, Cancer of the cervix, Cancer of the esophagus, Kidney cancer, Cancer of the larynx, Lung cancer, Cancer of the oral cavity, cancer of the pharynx, Stomach cancer, Cancer of the uterus.
Smoking causes lung diseases like emphysema, bronchitis, chronic airway obstruction. Smoking causes an increased risk for hip fracture. It increases the risk of low birth weight, prematurity, spontaneous abortion, and perinatal mortality.
Withdrawal symptom of cigarette smoking:
- Cravings: which lasts 3-4 minutes. It may be strong.
- Symptoms like headaches which may be occasional, indigestion, nausea, diarrhea, and sore throats which last more than four days.
- Lack of sleep and an increased tendency to dream.
- When a person quit smoking and takes tea and coffee body absorbs much more caffeine. so the patient feels restless and restless.
- Coughing is seen more often.
- Irritability, depression, or anxiety are seen more often.
- Increased appetite and possible weight gain.
- Tiredness and lack of concentration.
Alcoholism in India
Alcoholism in India for a long time. Alcohol consumption has increased over the past 30 years. The highest amount of alcohol consumed per adult resident is in Europe, especially in Russia and its surrounding countries. The least amount of alcohol consumed per resident is in the mostly Islamic regions of the Eastern Mediterranean and in the lesser developed region of Southeast Asia, dominated by India.
Another name for alcoholism is alcohol use disorder (AUD). It was divided into two types-
Alcohol abuse and alcohol dependence. Alcohol use can affect all parts of the body. It affects the brain, heart, liver, pancreas, and immune system. It can lead to mental illness, Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome, and irregular heartbeat, liver failure, and an increase in the risk of cancer. Drinking during pregnancy can cause damage to the baby resulting in fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
Causes of Alcoholism
- Genetic factor: a person with a parent or sibling with alcoholism is three to four times more prone to be of the habit of drinking.
- Environmental factors: includes social, cultural, and behavioral influences.
- High-stress levels, anxiety.
- Inexpensive easily accessible alcohol increases risk.
Harmful Effects of Taking Alcohol
When a patient first takes alcohol, he has an overall improvement in mood and he has a happy feeling. He has increased self-confidence. He has decreased anxiety. He has a red face with impaired judgment and fine muscle coordination.
When an excessive amount of alcohol is taken it can cause symptoms like lethargy, sedation, balance problems, and blurred vision. It causes profound confusion, impaired speech, staggering, dizziness, and vomiting. It causes stupor, unconsciousness, weak memory, vomiting. When this limit further extends it can cause coma, serious respiratory depression, and cause death.
- Atrial fibrillation
- Cirrhosis of liver
- Early menopause.
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Increased risk of breast cancer. Irregularity of menses
- It increases the risk of violence or accidents
- Loss of memory
- nutritional deficiencies
- Peptic ulcers
- sexual dysfunction
Withdrawal Symptoms of Alcohol
- The acute withdrawal phase can last between one and three weeks.
- In 3-6 weeks, the patient feels increased anxiety, depression, as well as sleep disturbance.
- Patients feel fatigued and tension which may be up to 5 weeks.
- Depression can be for up to 2 years.
Ingredients of Bakson’s Go Tox
Strychnine nitricum 6x, Avena sativa ø, Quercus gland. spiritus 2x, Caladium seg. 3x, Kalmegh ø, Daphne indica 2x.
Know the Ingredients
Strychninum Nitricum 6x: It can be given conditions like asthma, paralysis, pain in breasts. It can cure many symptoms arising from taking alcohol like delirium. It has extreme nervous excitability with painful nervousness. Patient fits of laughing with light swimming sensation with giddiness. The patient feels lonely. There is a loss of memory.
Avena Sativa -This remedy has an action on the brain and nervous system. It can cure the bad effects of morphine habit. This remedy helps the patient in quitting the habit of alcoholism. It cures nervous exhaustion, with sexual weakness. It is the best tonic for weakness after any chronic disease. It cures sleeplessness, especially in alcoholics. The patient has an inability to keep the mind on any one subject. The patient has impotency after heavy consumption of alcohol. It can cure numbness of limbs as if paralyzed.
Quercus Gland. spiritus 2x: This remedy is very useful in anti-doting the harmful effects of alcohol. It can cure all ill effects of taking alcohol like the enlarged spleen, vertigo, deafness with noises in the head. It takes away the craving for alcohol. It can cure dropsy and liver disease related to alcohol.
Caladium Seguinum 3x: This remedy is given for quitting tobacco chewing habits in patients. It diminishes and modifies tobacco craving. In asthma, the patient is afraid to go to sleep. It can cure impotency which is related to the relaxation of the penis. This remedy has a coldness of single parts. The patient has a weakness and wants to lie down. The patient’s symptoms increase when lying on the left side.
Kalmegh: It is a highly efficacious remedy for liver disorders associated with alcoholism. There is a general weakness. It can be given in jaundice. There is a general burning sensation, especially in the palms. It can be given in fever of children with an enlarged liver. The patient has no desire to do any work or to talk. He restless and can be easily angered. It can give relief in heaviness and throbbing pain in the back of the head.
Daphne Indica 2x: This remedy acts on tissues, muscles, bones, and skin. It can cure the craving for tobacco. The patient has fetid breath, urine, and sweat. The patient has burned in the stomach. It can cure severe pain in the head when the patient feels as if the skull would burst as if the head was separated from the body. The patient feels the heat in the head.
Benefits of Bakson’s Go Tox
It fights physical and mental dependence on alcohol as well as Nicotine. It helps in craving for smoking and alcohol.
It helps to reduce the toxic after-effects of the intake of these drugs.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Bakson’s Go Tox
- It is a safe and gentle homeopathic way to overcome addiction to alcohol and smoking. It relieves:
- Bad effects of alcohol & smoking
- Dyspepsia, halitosis, constipation & diarrhea
- Nausea & vomiting
- Palpitation, tremors, and weakness
Dosage of Bakson’s Go Tox
The recommended dosage of medicine is 15-20 drops of Bakson’s Go Tox diluted in 1 teaspoon of water, twice daily.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Warnings
- It has no known side-effect.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.