Schwabe Alpha HA drops is a homeopathic medicine for headaches that can effectively control headaches due to various causes. It cures various sensations of headaches like throbbing, tearing, digging boring pain. It cures pain in the forehead, in the back of the head, side of the head. It controls headaches due to exposure to the sun. It cures headaches caused by intake of tobacco, alcohol, or coffee.
- Brand/Manufacturer: Schwabe
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: Headaches
- Presentation: Drops
- Price of Schwabe Alpha HA: Rs.95
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side: effects: No known side effects
Headache is the most common form of pain because of which many people miss their important work or school or visit the doctor.
A person has various types of feeling in headache:
- Feeling of tightening like a belt or vice around the top of the head.
- Headache with nausea and increased sensitivity to light or sound.
- Nearly 2 out of 3 children will have headaches by age of 15. More than 9 in 10 adults will experience a headache sometime in their life.
- It is seen that certain types of headaches run in families. Headache can be of different types, with pain appearing and disappearing for some time.
This headache occurs without any prior medical condition. This type of headache occurs when certain events affect blood vessels and nerves inside and outside the head which sends pain signals to the brain.
Example of primary headache:
- Cluster type of headache.
- Tension-type of headache.
These types of headaches occur as a result of some health disorder that affects pain-sensitive nerve endings to pulled from their position. It occurs as a result of:
- Head injury
- High blood pressure
- Infection Nerve disorders
- Overuse of medicines
- Psychiatric disorder
- Stress or emotional conflicts
The frequency of headache may vary according to a person. Patients feel headaches once or twice a year, while others may experience headaches more than 15 days a month. Some headaches may recur or last for weeks at a time.
Headache may vary from mild to disabling in nature. Sometimes headache may be related to nausea or increased sensitivity to noise or light.
Cause of pain in headache
Brain tissue lacks pain: sensitive nerves and does not feel pain.
Headache occurs when pain: sensitive nerve endings called nociceptors which are triggered by stress, certain foods or odors, or by use of medicines. The message is then going through the trigeminal nerve to the thalamus. Thalamus controls the body’s sensitivity to light and noise and sends messages to parts of the brain that manage awareness of pain and emotional response to it.
Warning Signs in Headache
- When pain is sudden with the severe headache associated with stiffness of the neck.
- A patient has a severe headache associated with fever, nausea, or vomiting which is not related to any other illness.
- Headache is associated with confusion, weakness, double vision, or loss of consciousness.
- Headache that worsens over days or weeks or has changed in pattern or behavior.
- Recurring headaches in children.
- Headache following a head injury.
- Headache and a loss of sensation or weakness in any part of the body, which could be a sign of a stroke.
- Headache associated with convulsions.
- Headache associated with shortness of breath.
- Two or more headaches a week.
- Persistent headache in someone who has been previously headache: free, particularly in someone over age 50.
- New headaches in someone with a history of cancer or HIV/AIDS.
Schwabe Alpha HA Composition
Spigelia anthelmia 3x 10%
This remedy has marked action on the eyes, heart, and nervous system. It is given to a person who is anemic, weak, having pain in joints and rheumatic complaints. It is given when a patient is sensitive to touch. Body parts feel very chilly. It is given to a person who is afraid of sharp, pointed things like pins and needles. It is given when a patient has pain insides of the head and pain extends to the eyes. It is a very good remedy for migraine when a patient has pain on one side involving the left eye. A patient has violent pain, throbbing. Pain is worse by making false steps. A patient has a sensation as if a band is tied around the head. It is a very good remedy for vertigo with difficulty in hearing.
Belladonna 3x 10%
It acts on every part of the nervous system and causes congestion and excitement in the nervous system. It is given when patient has heat, redness, throbbing, and burning in the head along with pains that come and go suddenly. It is given when the patient is sensitive to touch to least contact. Patient has throbbing pain with heat of head with feeling of fullness especially in the forehead, in back of head and sides of the head. A patient has headaches when suppression of catarrhal flow. Headache is worse from light, noise, jar, lying down and in the afternoon. Headache is better by pressure and in a semi: erect posture. It can be given when patient has meningitis and hydrocephalus with a boring head into the pillow. A patient has a tendency to draw head backwards. Headache is worse on the right side and when lying down. Patient feel worse when lying down, cold and from having a haircut.
Glonoinum 5x 10%
It is given when patient does not want to do any work with extreme lassitude, extreme irritability. He is easily excited by the slightest opposition, causing congestion of head. It is given when a patient has congestive headache with sensitive to heat and cold. Patient has sensation of pulsations throughout the body. It is given when patient has confusion as a result of dizziness. It is given when patient has headache due to exposure of head and who work under gas and electric light. Patient has heaviness of head he cannot lay it on a pillow. He cannot bear any heat around the head. He feels better from uncovering the head. The patient feels very irritable. Patient feel that head feels enormously large, as if the skull was too small for the brains. Headache increases and decreases with sun. It is given when a patient has a headache in place of headache.
Nux vomica 3x 10%
It is given when a patient has a headache in the back of the head and over the eyes with vertigo. The patient feels as if the brain is turning in a circle. The patient is oversensitive. A patient has an intoxicated feeling which is worse by mental exertion, tobacco, alcohol, coffee, and open air. A patient has sensitiveness of scalp with pain in front of head. He has the desire to press the head against something. He has congestion of the head associated with hemorrhoids. It cures headaches in the sunshine.
Secale cornutum 3x 10%
It is given when a patient has pain in the back of the head with a feeling of congestion. Pain rises from the back of the head with a pale face, with a tendency of drawn backward. It is given when the patient is anemic condition with coldness and numbness.
Excipients Q.S. Alcohol content 45% v/v
Schwabe Alpha HA Important Therapeutic Uses
It cures headache due to:
- Due to mind
- Emotional factors
- Exposure of cold
Schwabe Alpha HA Dosage
The recommended dosage of medicine is given below:
Unless otherwise prescribed by the physician, 10: 20 drops every ½ hourly. Gradually reduce to 10: 20 drops thrice daily as the symptoms improve. If complaints are not relieved, consult a specialist.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side effects, and Suggestions
- It has no known side effects.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken after cleaning the mouth and preferably on an empty stomach.
- Please do not eat strong-smelling food items such as onion, garlic etc. within half an hour before and after taking the medicine.
- In case white globules have turned yellow, or sediments appear in the liquid form of medicine, do not take.
- Do not take tobacco in any form.
- During homeopathic treatment, no other medicines should be taken, unless suggested by a qualified homeopathic doctor.
Keep the medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like camphor, menthol, etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.