Cold and cough is very common problem in changing seasons due to temperature variations . Symptoms of this include sneezing, sore throat, stuffy nose and coughing.
Here are some home remedies to treat cough.
- Take badi harad or terminalia chebula powder(2-3 gm) with honey in morning daily.
- Take Sitopaladi Churna(1/4 tbsp) and Jethimadh Churna(1/4 tbsp) in morning.
- Drink plenty of warm water throughout day. It helps by thinning mucus and loosening the cough.
- Take honey(1 tbsp) 2-3 times a day.
- Take neem leaves(10-15) and chew in morning. This helps to cure cough, purifies blood and removes toxins from the body.
- Gargle with saline water.
- Take fresh juice of mint leaves or ark.
- Take Nagar-bel(Piper Betle) leaves, put castor oil and warm this and externally apply on chest to loosen cough.
- Trikatu churna(1-3 gm) with meal helps to prevent cough.
- Take ginger juice mixed with lemon juice and sendha namak before a meal for better digestion, cough cure and in other respiratory system problems.
- Drink milk mixed with haldi(turmeric).
- Some people suffer from cough throughout year. They can try this remedy. Mix tulsi leaves juice(1 ml), garlic juice(1 ml), black pepper powder(10 gm) in water(100 ml). Take this 50 ml in morning and 50 ml in evening for 2 months to get relief from cough.